Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raivis Galante
Admin
Raivis Galante

Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Empty
PostSubject: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Growing plants, especially flowers, was Raivis' favourite past time. Since he was a little boy, his mother and him had grown a vegetable and flower garden, and every year he helped her take care of it, and pick of what was ready to eat. When he found out Hogwarts did indeed have an Herbology class(and a rather good one at that!), he was enthralled. He was much more enthusiastic about changing schools than he initially had. Of course, Hogwarts didn't offer the same specialized Herbology class that focused more on flowers(and really dropped the more dangerous plants that Hogwarts' class included); Raivis didn't mind though. This class was just much broader than before, and even if some of the plants were frightening and made him want to cry the moment he looked at them, it was okay! He enjoyed the class nonetheless.

And so, Raivis was heading to the Greenhouses to look for his professor. He wanted to see if maybe...maybe there was some extracurricular activities he could sign up for- or just even help her with the plants after class, even! He wasn't an overachiever, no, but he just quite liked the subject matter of the class. So, trotting down towards the Greenhouses, he peeked inside the first and called out,
"Professor Carriedo?" And took a half step inside. He hoped she was there...and he hoped she would let him do something extra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Humming as she looked over the list of proposed plants, Aleta leaned back against the table. She both loved and hated doing this. Every two years she got the chance to add a new plant to each of the green houses (mostly because one of the older plants had been found dead in those two years) and so she was told to pick one that fit each level of green house. Of course, when she first heard about this tradition she had made lists of plants for each house. It had been such a heart break when she learned she was only one from each list. Aleta was getting better at making the lists smaller though.

She crossed some things off and sighed, resting the list on her lap. She knew that logically the school couldn't afford to buy all of the plants she wanted and that the greenhouses couldn't hold all of the plants she wanted, but it was nice to dream and occasionally plan it out. Shaking her head, Aleta looked up as a student called out her name. "I'm over here!" She put the list on the table and stood up, going to greet the student.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante
Admin
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: Re: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:20 pm

As soon as he heard her voice, Raivis perked up and stepped all the way in, making sure he closed the door behind himself. He looked around and scuttled over to wear Aleta was, carefully maneuvering through the tables and stands of plants, not wanting to knock something off it's platform(really, that'd be a bad way to say he wanted to help!). He saw the professor and went over to wear she was, but stared down at his feet. Formality must come first, he reminded himself, with teachers!

"Good afternoon, Professor, u-um, how are you?"
Raivis inquired, hands behind his back shyly. He loved the smell of the greenhouse, the fresh dirt and mixed aromas of all the kinds of plants(though, some weren't that pleasant, to be honest), even the humid air was nice. The only thing he could complain about were the certain plants that caused...well, bodily harm. He tried to steer clear of them, unless it was required by class, or the professor asked him to tend to one. "Oh, um, are you busy right now..?" he asked when he saw the note in her hand, and then felt a small bit of dread fall over him. What if he'd interrupted her? Oh, what if it was something important? Raivis started regretting his choice to come to the greenhouse, he really should have scheduled something!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 am

She smiled at Raivis, ignoring the fact that he was looking at his feet and thus wouldn't actually see the smile. That wasn't important in the slightest. "Hello Raivis! I'm doing wonderful at the moment. How are you?" She wondered, bending down ever so slightly so she was closer to his face. She tried not to make it terribly noticeable, figuring that it would hurt his pride to have a female teacher bending down to look him in the face. She really didn't want to do that to him. Aleta knew quite well just how much pride mattered to a man.

"Hm? No, not terribly busy. I was just figuring out what new plant to add to the green house next year." She nodded, folding up the list and putting it into her pocket. She could figure all of that out later. "So! What did you need me for Raivis?" She wondered, giving him a politely curious look. Aleta wasn't used to students coming up to her; most didn't see just how useful Herbology and plants really were. If they did come up it was because they wanted to ask after her past work, having some how found out about it. A bit annoying really. Aleta doubted that Raivis was one of those students though; he seemed to really love plants.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante
Admin
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: Re: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:29 am

Raivis rocked back on his heels once and played with his fingers behind his back. Oh good, she didn't sound upset or angry in the least...that came as a relief, and Raivis calmed himself. Really, he could worry about the simplest things! It probably got annoying- ...Oh, Raivis hoped he wasn't being annoying. The professor didn't sound annoyed! But you never really knew, some people could hide that kind of stuff oh so easily! Swallowing in nervousness, he peeked up at her. "Am alright, j-just um, I finished my homework and assignments, g-going to go eat soon, really like food, h-hah..!" he mumbled out nervously. Really, it'd be better for Raivis if he could just shut his mind off sometimes and stop thinking.

"Oh, plants...n-new plants, you should get, erm, pretty ones, like...red ones," Raivis added on, quietly. He dropped his eyes back to the floor and scuffed his shoe on it, trying to think of a good, not annoying way to give her his request. "W-well, I kind of was wondering if...could I help with the Greenhouses? I like taking care of the plants and I-I think I am alright at it, and I have good grades, so..!" Raivis was kind of preparing for rejection already...and he tactfully left out he didn't have good grades in a few certain classes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Aleta smiled at him, trying to be as calming as possible. Which she was actually pretty bad at - not the greatest trait when working in a school and being responsible for a quarter of the students. But she was good enough at it that she didn't feel too bad. "That's wonderful Raivis! I do hope you enjoy your food, the house elves are rather good at making feasts." Raivis was adorable, truly.

She laughed lightly and nodded, thinking over her list. "I might get red ones." Probably not though. She wanted useful plants, not pretty ones. If they were useful and pretty that would be a bonus, but really she just wanted plants that served a purpose even if that purpose was to be killed and ground up to be put into a potion. Brightening as he told her what he was here for, Aleta gave him a rather large smile. "Of course you can help out! I would love it if you did." He couldn't help out in this one specifically - as it was for the fourth years - but in the third year and below ones he could definitely help her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||    Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flowers are Grand || Aleta ||
Page 1 of 1