Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Empty
PostSubject: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Aleta rarely frequented the staff room. When she did, it was either because it was raining outside and she didn't want to have to go outside to get to her greenhouses to work there, or because she was craving contact with other adults and knew that eventually someone would come around that she could talk to. This time around, it was the second option. She got plenty of human interaction during classes, but that was teacher-student relationships and really, it wasn't true interactions. Plus, students just did not equal adults.

Still, wanting adult interaction and sitting in an empty room by herself left Aleta feeling as if she was doing something wrong. She probably was though. She could go to a bar to find adults, but unfortunately most responsible adults didn't go drinking when they taught at and lived in a school. Sighing, Aleta looked down at the homework she was supposed to be grading, resisting the urge to doodle on it. While she was sure her students would be excited to get doodle instead of grades, she couldn't see her boss reacting the same way.

She shook her head and leaned back in her seat, humming to make the awkward quiet go away. Why was no one else here?
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Today was a banner day for Romulus. He had forgotten to grade the remaining 60 percent of last chapter's homework. He found a gray hair this morning. The Charms teacher had attempted to reprimand him for teaching too loudly {though in all likelihood said Charms teacher was definitely jealous of his musical stylings demonstrating proper conjugation}. On top of that, his time of month was coming up. However, once he opened the staff room to find a lovely female coworker, all that negativity blew away like dust in the wind. If lovely things such as her existed in the world, it was a good day.

A genuine smile settled on his face as he made his way into the room and took his customary seat; the table. Sure, it wasn't comfy but he was subconsciously attracted to any seating that was higher than the rest of the chairs in the room. Plus, it was close but not shady close to the lovely female professor.

Romulus waved at her from his place on the table and gave her a friendly "Ciao~!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Sighing and staring down at her work, Aleta finally gave up on it and pulled out a spare piece of parchment to doodle on. She would finish her work later, and really no one actually cared about how long it took her to return the work. Except maybe the over achievers and the Ravenclaws but they could wait for her to actually want to grade the stuff. If she went about doing it now she would probably give them scores they didn't deserve.

She blinked and looked up as someone came into the room, brightening up. She wasn't sure as to who this guy was, but it was another adult person and for that she was grateful that he existed. Tilting her head with a slight smile, she waved back at him. "Hello~ How are you?" She leaned forward a bit, abandoning her doodles for now.
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 am

Unlike certain nameless other teachers, this lovely woman seemed happy to see him. Bonus. His smile brightened even further, if humanly possible{then again, Romulus did tend to defy most human logic}, "I'm fantastic, and you miss?" Yes, this will effectively cure his less than wonderful day. Also, she did not seem to mind that he used a table as a chair. Life was grand.

The man hummed a little to himself, as he often did. Whether it was a constant need to make noise or expressing happiness the prompted the subconscious habit, Romulus did not know."Hey, what do you teach, miss?" He recalled seeing her at meal times but other than that, the Italian had no recollection of coming across her before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Aleta resisted the urge to laugh as this guy's smile got even brighter than it was before. She was actually a bit worried that she might go blind from looking at it, though she knew that was completely illogical. Still, it was just that bright. "I'm wonderful, thank you." She should probably ask what this guy's name was. It would be the polite thing to do. Aleta was almost one hundred percent certain that he was one of the newer teachers who all suddenly joined; she just wasn't sure which one.

Listening to him hum a tune, she glanced at her work and thought about possibly going back to work on it. But then he started talking again and she got distracted from her work. "Hm? Oh, I teach Herbology. And you? What do you teach?" She smiled at him, fidgeting with her quill slightly.
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:01 pm

"That is spectacular to here, dear. I, Miss Herbology Professor, teach Ancient Runes." He was also the head of Gryffindor but, well, he didn't want to brag. At the moment at least. In five to ten minute that was most likely subject to change. He had no doubt in his mind that this the conversation was more than worth interrupting her work. Okay, not 'interrupting' per se, just giving her a little break to refresh her mind. How amazing that if he slightly changed the wording in his mind that all, if any, guilt in his mind was spirited away.

He leaned back a little onto his hands, erasing any and all thoughts in his mind related to teacherly obligations to do work or all that jazz. In the long run, it really wasn't worth it. Sure, his student were coming to expect late work returns but correcting things on time did nothing positive to his mental state!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:08 pm

"Oh really? Sounds like fun." Not really. But she got the feeling that this man took great pride in his work, so she would do her best to flatter him. He would stay longer if she did that. And no, Aleta was not desperate. She just liked talking with people occasionally. There was nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all. Ever. And if she told herself that enough times eventually she would believe it.

"So... how long have you worked here?" Aleta might have been absent minded at times, but she definitely would have remembered his name if he had been around for a long enough time. Once she had been teaching with some one for at least two years, then she remembered their name. Before then, it was a little fuzzy and she wasn't always sure that she had remembered it correctly.
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Romulus' face lit up a bit at her apparent interest in Ancient Runes. He could count on one hand the people who genuinely loved his subject- oh wait, that was an exaggeration, he needed two hands. Still, it was refreshing none the less for him. He was grinning from ear to ear at her, needless to say. "Oh, it is! Singing conjugations and sculpting; all that fun stuff!" It also went without speaking how much he detested teaching out of a book and went to great lengths to ensure it was a rare occurrence.

"Ah, less than a year," he rubbed that back of his neck. Although being one of the oldest staff members, he was the least experienced in teaching. It was a tad embarrassing for him to have to ask professors up to two decades younger than him for help on occasion but he grinned and bore it well. What he lacked in experience, he more than made up for in pizzazz! Pizzazz made all the difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Aleta giggled slightly as his face lit up, amazed at how much younger he looked when he was excited like that. Tilting her head at the teaching methods he spoke about, Aleta tried to see some of the students she knew were in the Ancient Runes class singing and sculpting. All that came to mind was disasters and lots of messes, which was actually pretty amusing. "I'm sure the students love you." She nodded. She could understand his hatred for teaching out of a book, she personally found books to be very limiting because they left no room to explore new possibilities.

"Oh really? Well you must be doing a good job. I haven't heard anything bad about you." She hadn't heard anything at all about him really, but being nice to him was better than revealing that he was just another ignored part of life in Hogwarts. That would probably be pretty rude to point out.
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:19 pm

At the giggle and her comment about thinking the students were fond of him, he couldn't help but chuckle and grin broadly. "Ah, I hope so~!" He liked the idea of being a favorite teacher among the students very, very much. Especially after the previous professor in his position was, from what Lovino said, more of less and incompetent fool. He knew the students in his class actually got to have a bit of fun while learning and he took great pride in them. On the flip side, every time a student struggled, he felt like a bit of a failure and that put him in quite the awful mood. For now however, he was in a little bubble of happiness, even though he had yet to learn the lovely Herbology teacher's name.

He flashed another grin at her when she informed him that he wasn't the subject of petty gossip and rumors. So far, his reputation stayed golden: just the way he liked it. Though, he had to admit, one or two sordid rumors would be interesting to have float about. Maybe he could start one himself. . .Naw, that'd be a bit foolish. "Lovely to hear, it's nice to know the name 'Romulus Vargas' isn't smeared!" There, that was a subtle way to introduce himself, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Aleta shrugged, sitting up and rearranging her robes to cover more of herself as a cold breeze came through the room. She hated castles for that very reason; even with the magic, it was still freezing cold when it had no right to be. It was a building after all, and buildings should always be warm and toasty. "Almost one hundred percent positive!" She chirped, hiding her embarrassment afterward by fixing her hair. Why the hell was she chirping, this wasn't a mark. She had no reason to be quite so childish with him.

Smiling back in the face of his grin, Aleta decided it really wasn't that important that she was chirping like a little bird in front of a man she had never met before. But at least he was smart enough to insert his name into the conversation without making it awkward. Now to do the same thing herself. "Vargas huh? I have your relatives in my class." She did recognize the name Vargas from the gossip, and if that was to be believed the two younger Vargas were this one's grandchildren. Aleta found that a little difficult to believe though.
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:49 pm

While contemplating what sort of juicy gossip to hypothetically spread, he noticed something he didn't really like out of the corner of his eye. A cold draft had caused the lovely miss to wrap her robes even further around herself. Romulus was admittably guilty to appreciating women more than is usually advisable and it made him a bit sad to see her so covered. Okay, maybe he was a borderline pervert but he was, above all, a gentleman. So much so that he took off his outer robes and offered them to her.

"Almost one hundred percent? Coming from a lovely lady like yourself, that is more than good enough for me." Of course, he had to flirt. Hopefully she wasn't the type to start a harassment lawsuit over it. It was not a crime to inform a woman she was beautiful, no?

"Ah, Lovino and Feliciano," he couldn't help but say fondly. It was amazing how quickly he switched from flirt to overly doting grandfather. Unfortunately, neither of his grandchildren told him anything about the Herbology professor, let alone her name. Romulus had enough trouble trying to talk to them already as neither of them were in Gryffindor and, sad as it was, Lovino outright avoided him like dragonpox. "I hope my grandsons aren't handfuls, they really are good boys deep down."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Smiling as Romulus handed her his outer robes, she thanked him as she put them on. And oh gosh, they were warm. Aleta snuggled into them and relaxed as the warmth of them surrounded her, smiling brightly. They also smelled nice, but that wasn't the part she was going to focus on right now. She much more preferred the warmth of the robes than the smell. Pulling them tight around her, she looked up as he started talking again.

Aleta nodded, smiling at him again. She was smiling around him a lot she noticed, thought she didn't mind it. She liked smiling. "I'm glad you find it good enough." How strange that a man as old as Romulus would still flirt with women. Of course, much to her chagrin she wasn't that much younger than him, so she supposed that factored into it as well.

It was almost a shock to see Romulus shift gears so quickly. But he looked so much more approachable when he was talking about his grand kids, it was fascinating to see. Aleta shook her head, shrugging. "They're both wonderful. Feliciano is a pleasure to have in class, and Lovino is very knowledgeable when it comes to properties of plant parts. Though, I'm sure that's mostly because of his potions skills, but still. It's nice having such attentive students." Though both of them tended to fall asleep in her class on occasion. It was a little annoying to deal with, but oh well. They were students after all, Aleta shouldn't expect better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]   Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Talk With Me [Aleta & Romulus]
Page 1 of 1