Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Empty
PostSubject: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:01 am

Sighing and shaking her head as one of the plants curled away from her in hopes of protecting its leaves, Aleta glared at the list the new potions professor had given her. She knew that was logical for the person to want to refill his stocks, but most of the things he wanted were from plants that had no plans to give them up. At least, she assumed it was a man; there hadn't been a female Potions Professor in the history of Hogwarts, if she remembered her studies correctly.

Aleta paused and snorted, rolling her eyes. This was no time to be getting off topic. She was already late in dropping off the ingredients, it wouldn't do to make herself more than she already was. Especially since she still had to get through the rest of the list. Trying once more to get this particular plant to give her at least one leaf and failing, she scowled at the plant. "Fine then, have it your way." She marked the thing off on her list and moved to the next plant.

She did wish that the new professor had at least introduced himself before making demands of her, though she knew it was useless to think about it. Why should she expect anyone to come and see the batty old Herbology professors when house elves and students made the perfect messengers. It was enough to make her sick to her stomach really.

And that didn't even include the fact that they had requested parts from the poor unfortunate plants that had died on her. Sending a brief mourning look at the places where those plants used to be before dying, she went back to her work. Thankfully, the next few plants had no problem giving up the parts, though it made her upset killing one of the poor things to collect its roots. Thankfully the plant could regrow if the stem was planted into magic infused soil. Which is where its roots used to live so it made the perfect spot to replant.

It still upset her though, and the woman was working herself up into rage thinking of ways to berate this idiotic professor for making her kill her poor little plants. The dears had never done anything wrong, and still this man wanted the dead. And he wasn't even using all of the plants when he killed them, only bits and pieces. Aleta scowled and grumbled darkly at the thought, looking over the list and crossing out what she had already gotten or couldn't get.
Back to top Go down
Former Britannia

Former Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 am

If she was honest, Guinevere was a little guilty, just handing the Herbology teacher a list of ingredients she needed, but she was too busy right now, she had to do paperwork, make her lesson plans, rearrange the lab and clean it up; the last potions professor had left it in a right state, and the cabinets were all terribly understocked. She would go down later in the week, thank... her, was it? Perhaps she should bring her a gift basket from Honeydukes as a present and collect the ingredients herself.

She had very nearly finished her paperwork, so perhaps she would do it that day, she deserved a break. She flooed over to Honeydukes and bought a small gift basket with chocolates and sweets, she hoped the Herbology teacher liked it.

Then, she made her way to the greenhouses. She remembered them from her school days; she hadn't enjoyed it much then. She had taken it, yes, all the way to NEWT level, but only because it was a requirement of the potions course she wished to follow. The plants in the 7th year greenhouse, she recalled, would bite, maim and sting if one wasn't careful, often for pure pleasure on their part, and more than once her whole arm had swollen up and she had once very nearly suffocated when a a plant attacked her with its pollen.

She tried to put it out her head; there had been some good times and some of the plants are interesting. Perhaps she would like this new Herbology teacher. She even wondered, secretly, if she was hot. Probably not; she couldn't recall there being any teachers under the age of fifty when she had been there. Although... she was here now, and she was under thirty and, though she did say so herself, relatively good looking. Perhaps things had changed, the old teachers didn't last for ever.

She knocked on the greenhouse door, seeing the teacher in there. She had tanned skin, long dark hair and a pretty face. She was, actually, quite good looking. When the teacher realised she was there, she opened the door and slipped in, "Hi," She said, a little nervous. They were going to have to work closely, so if they didn't get on, it wouldn't be very good. "I'm Guinevere Kirkland, the new potions professor, you're Ms Carriedo, right?"

She walked in, feeling unnerved as some of the plants seemed to turn towards her to see the intruder. "I came to collect those potion ingredients I asked for and give you this as thank you," She held up the gift basket, "If you want it, of course." She put it on a table which was for the moment, devoid of plants, though there was a little soil on it. Perhaps not the most hygienic. "I'm sorry I gave you such a long list, I'm just really busy at the moment... I'll try to help next time, though I might be a bit more of a hindrance," She laughed quietly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Making a pleased noise as she managed to get the final ingredient on the list - that she had access to; obviously the Potions Professor didn't know what was in these greenhouses, as a quarter of the list was full of plants that she didn't own - Aleta carefully bundled up the ingredients and put them in the special case the old professor had left for the new one for collecting ingredients. It was certainly a useful tool, especially since it kept all of the ingredients separate from each other and kept them from contaminating each other.

She put the case off to the side, nodding in satisfaction, and went to work taking care of the plants that hadn't gotten her attention while she was working on fulfilling the professor's demands. While she didn't normally see to every plant she had every single day, as most of them didn't need it and it would simply take up too much of her time, she didn't like ignoring any of her plants on the days when she was looking for potion ingredients. She hadn't had a day like this since the last potions professor left, so Aleta hadn't had to talk to all of her plants in a single day for a while.

She had gone through the first three years and was in the fourth years' greenhouse when the potions professor finally found her. Aleta looked up at the knocked and watched as an admittedly attractive redheaded woman walked into her greenhouse with a basket of chocolates. Listening to her talk, she tapped out a pattern on the ground with her foot to get the plants to stop leering at the woman. "Yes, I am Miss. Carriedo. Thank you for the basket..." She gestured at it, giving her a slight smile.

Shrugging off the woman's apology, she pushed her hair back with a thoughtful look. "Don't worry, I'm used to getting long lists, though normally I have more time to finish fulfilling them. Some of the plants you requested aren't grown in these houses though." She gave the woman a detailed list of what she didn't have, guiding her out of the fourth year greenhouse and down towards the more dangerous specialties greenhouse where she had left the case of ingredients.
Back to top Go down
Former Britannia

Former Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:20 am

“Ah, it was my pleasure,” She smiled, “It was the least I could do after your help.”

Ms Carriedo seemed like a very reasonable person, which was good – a lot of people would throw a hissy fit at being handed a list and being told to have it done by the end of the day. She was sure that she would have done, certainly. She didn’t like being pushed around and given unreasonable expectations. Presumably, this meant that the potions teacher was more polite and professional than she was.

She blinked slightly as Aleta started to pull her away from the greenhouse, presumably to another one where the ingredients were. “So, when did you start working here?” She asked. She wanted to be on good terms with the other teachers, particularly one she would have to work with often. Besides, there weren’t many female teachers around her age (the care of magical creatures teacher was, she believed, but that was all she knew). “I just started but I also went to school here. I’m amazed how easily I remember my way around.” She said cheerfully. She hoped Aleta would want to be her friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:32 pm

She nodded softly, smiling just a little bit. "Nonetheless, thank you very much." She didn't understand why people couldn't just say 'you're welcome' and move on with their lives; it would make things so much easier. Shaking the thought out of her head, she went back to talking about the plants she didn't have as they walked. The somewhat one sided conversation eventually lead to Aleta talking over all of the plants she wanted to own and why and what their purpose would be and so on. She tended to get like this when talking about plants and such, and she would keep going until someone interrupted her.

So when Guinevere did just that, Aleta wasn't very shocked by it. Sure, she would have liked to have kept going, but she could see why the potions professor wouldn't want her to do so. "I started here, oh, about five years ago now. I hadn't really noticed that so much time had passed." She nodded slightly at Guinevere's contribution to the conversation, making an interested noise. "It must be strange then, teaching at a school you went to."
Back to top Go down
Former Britannia

Former Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:02 pm

She smiled. "Well if you're sure." She was glad Aleta liked the gift - she couldn't help but be a little nervous when meeting new people. Especially those who had been as kind to her as Aleta had.

She blinked, realising that she had cut the other teacher off. She felt a little guilty but... though what Aleta was telling her was interesting, she couldn't help but zone out after a while; it was too much information to take in at once. She wouldn't mind if Aleta told her more later though. Guinevere thought about it momentarily,
"Yes, it is odd, particularly because I know some of the fellow teachers from school." She said. "But I like it, so I have no reason to complain. So, five years... did you teach before that?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Aleta nodded faintly, pausing in the cross section of the green house paths to make sure she was going in the right direction. Occasionally she got confused and turned around and ended up in a place she hadn't meant to be. Not that this normally bothered her, but right now she was trying to get to a specific place to find a specific thing. "Do you really? Wow. Is it just strange or kind of nice, to teach with them?" She wondered, looking over at her briefly.

Starting to walk again, down the right path, she tilted her head lightly in thought. Not that she really needed to think about this issue but sometimes it helped to do this. "No, I haven't taught before. This is my first teaching job." And she couldn't think of a place that would be a better starting area. Sure, maybe it would be nice to have started somewhere that speaks her native language, but still. Hogwarts was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Former Britannia

Former Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:44 am

The greenhouses were beautiful, that was true. Sometimes walking in to them was like walking in to a tropical jungle with strange and mysterious plants hanging down, even with the humidity of a tropical jungle as well. But, unfortunately, just like a jungle it's very easy to get lost in the thick vegetation until it's impossible to find out where you were. The number of times she had gotten lost as a youth in the sixth and seven year greenhouses. Luckily she had Aleta to guide her and well... there were worse places to get lost. She paused for a moment to look at a large read flower, knowing better than to touch it. "It's... interesting. I don't teach with them exactly, as we all teach very different subjects. It's certianly odd but it's nice to have people that you know as well." She nodded, turning back to Aleta

"I've taught all around, really. I taught two years in America but I didn't really like the school so I left. I've also taught at a school in Italy but for the last six or so years I've taught at beauxbatons. Before that I worked in research, sometimes went on research trips. But I decided I wanted to leave my master and work by myself. Schools are good because I have the time to do my research but I also get to mould minds. What about you?" She asked, tilting her head. "What did you do before this?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Guiding Guinevere through the greenhouses, Aleta looked over the plants they walked past. They all looked to be doing fine, though one was flowering when it certainly was not meant to be doing that. She frowned at it, absently noticing the interest that the Potions professor was showing in it. If it turned out to not be poisonous, she would give it to the other professor; Aleta disliked flowers. "I didn't assume that you taught together in such a way." She gave her a bright smile. "And it certainly sounds nice."

"Really? Wow. That's certainly a lot of experience. It sounds like it was fun. What was America like?" She wondered, resisting the urge to wrinkle her nose at the idea of research. She knew it was a good thing, and she herself did some with her plants, but she just hated having to do any kind of research. "Ah, well... I was a treasure hunter before this." Aleta smiled, feeling a bit odd saying that against Guinevere's years of experience. It kind of made her feel like a small child. Not the most comforting feeling in the world.
Back to top Go down
Former Britannia

Former Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:00 am

Wow, huh, Aleta had a nice smile. She looked like a very cheerful person, which made Guinevere happy. She liked being around cheery people a lot because they were good fun and just generally brought the mood up. "No, I suppose you didn't, but the phrasing seemed like that," She lauged lightly, in a good mood.

"Treasure hunting?" She repeated. That sounded really cool actually, like something from out of a book. "What's it like?" She asked, really rather curious, "Is it different from curse breaking? She knew some cursebreakers who worked in Egypt, not well, but she wondered if it was like that. To be honest, Treasure hunting sounded more exciting. "What kind of things did you do?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Aleta shrugged lightly in response to what Guinevere said, giggling when the other woman laughed. Unless she was in a bad mood, she would always laugh with someone when they started. It wasn't a bad thing, but some people found it a little odd. "I see." Looking around, she found the case she needed to give to Guinevere and picked it up carefully, turning to hand it to her.

She tilted her head as her question about America was ignored, a bit put out. It annoyed her when people did that, because it made her feel like they weren't really listening to her. Aleta nodded and hugged the case a bit. "We do have curse breakers on our team, yes, but otherwise it's not really like that at all. Curse breakers only break curses, they don't actively go after treasure for people. They don't actually care about what's behind the curse." She smiled, shrugging and resisting the urge to bounce. "I found locations and clients for us to work with."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]   Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come and Get Them Yourself [Aleta and Guin]
Page 1 of 1