Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Empty
PostSubject: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Aldrich was in a very good mood, very good indeed. For you see, this weekend, he didn't have any duties, didn't have any homework, no detentions to supervise, nothing. This week end, for the first time since he had got here, he would be able to relax.

He went to the window of his room and looked out. It was a beautiful day for October; it was warm for the time of year and the sun was bright in the clear blue sky, the dew gilstening on the grass below him. He yearned to leave this place, to be around adults for once. Perhaps he should go to the village, it would be nice to see from the eyes of an adult; he hadn't been there in years. A gust of wind blew in to his room and he shivered, a few goosebumps pricking his arms.

It was such a beautiful day, he had decided - he would go out. He took his cloak out of the wardrobe, running his hand over the fine cloth. Elfish tailory was truely the best, he thought as he put it on, and picked up his cane, worried his leg would begin to hurt later in the day. Making sure he had his money, he left the house, walking quickly in to the grounds. Perhaps he should take a thestral in to town; it was a rather long way away.

But when he walked out on to the grass, felt the wind in his hair and watched the first few brown leaves of autumn blow past, he wanted to walk. He wanted to be able to enjoy it; the feeling of peace here. There were no students now; they were probably all in bed, he thought. Happily, he walked forward, enjoying the walk of one mile down to Hogsmeade immensely.

When he got there, it was about lunch time, so he decided that he would go, straight away, to the Three Broomsticks to buy a sandwhich or something similar, he wasn't a fussy nor a big eater. He could very happily go for days without eating, but he knew how unhealthy it was, so he made sure to eat three balanced meals a day - Aldrich was a very healthy person.

When he entered the pub, he noticed another teacher in there, who must have had the same plan as him and as he ordered his drink, he wondered if he should go over and say hello to her. You see, she was the herbology teacher so they worked in very different parts of the castle, and though he recognised her and knew here name, he didn't really know her at all, and even had his doubts about whether she knew his name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:21 pm

As stated many many times before, Aleta hated leaving her plants. Absolutely hated it. But she was starting to lose her tan from working inside the greenhouse instead of being outside and doing things. Sure, she would never completely lose it, but she would be a paler version of herself if she didn't get out into the world and do things. And she refused to be like that.

And so, as she often did when she didn't know what to do with herself, Aleta went for a walk. It was a nice day - not too hot, not too cold, somewhat breezy, with the sun shining and the students still sleeping. Which obviously made now the best time to get away from the school. If the students were awake, she might have been pulled in to taking care of them and - while she did like the majority of the students - she wouldn't have them ruining her plan for today.

Grabbing the things she would need - including an umbrella because it's better to prepared than it is to be left soaking wet - she quickly started walking towards the village. Aleta made sure to take the more difficult path just so she would be spending more time outside than if she took the easier, straighter path that the thestral carriages took.

Still, it didn't take as long as she would have liked for her to reach Hogsmeade, and as such she just strolled through the town instead of going to get something to eat. It surprised her, how much she had missed just walking outside in nature with nothing and no one trying to occupy her time and attention. It was incredibly nice, and she made a note to make this, if not a weekly habit, at least a monthly one.

Eventually deciding to eat - as her stomach had been complaining for the last ten minutes and Aleta had fallen out of the habit of being able to ignore it - she walked into the Three Broomsticks. She ordered something and then sat down to eat it, not noticing as the blond professor walked into the building to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:50 am

The barmaid chatted with him; the daughter of the one who had been here when he was a child, he believed. She was about his age, a few years younger, and he vaguely rememered her from school, though she had been much younger than him. She was very pretty now, he thought, but in only a rather detatched way. He made his awkward talk with her then took his glass of butterbeer, that was truly something from the past. Smilling and thanking her, he went over to Aleta. "Hello," He said politely, "What are you doing down here; same thing as me I presume?" He asked, sitting down opposite her, though ready to leave if she didn't want him there.

He sipped his drink, looking down at the table,
"It's good to get away from the children. It's not like working in a regular school, where the evenings, the weekends and holdiays belong to yourself. Here everything is devoted to the children and I find it... a little overwhelming." He admitted, "I'm not really experienced in teaching." He sighed.

"Still." He waved a hand dismissively. "May I join you?" He asked, realising he had been very impolite by simply sitting down, "I don't have any other companions for the day." He said, "And I must admit I don't know you very well, at least let me have lunch with you." He asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:14 pm

It was so nice to have alone time outside of the greenhouses. Aleta felt guilty for thinking that, seeing it as betraying her precious plants, but it was like a mother leaving their children with a babysitter to have a girl's night out; sometimes it was needed to really appreciate the children for what they brought to a person's life. Pausing and frowning as she realized that - once again - she had compared the relationship between herself and her plants to that of a mother and her children, she shook her head.

And then she jumped and stared with wide eyes at the sudden man, who just starting talking away without even bothering to introduce himself. Though it quickly became apparent that they worked together. She hid a scowl at his rudeness, sipping from her drink.

Aleta rolled her eyes, giving him a dry look. "You've already joined me, so I don't see why you're asking. And how do you know what I was doing down here, hm? I don't recall actually telling you." She waited for his answer, quickly trying to remember his name. It started with an 'a', she knew that, but she didn't know what the rest of the name was. It was rather bothersome.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 pm

He noticed that she thought he was rude - though it wasn't hard to guess; the look she was giving him and the sarcastic answer she gave to his polite question. "I could just as easily move, however," He argued, "I just have to sit down occasionally, on account of my leg injury, and I walked from the school." He held up his cane. It didn't actually hurt him at that point, but it served as a good excuse nonetheless and often stopped the conversation. He smirked as she continued, "I'm flattered that you think I'd come out here for you, but I didn't even know you'd be down here." He said, "I had the day free so I took my chance and made a break for it." He joked slightly, exaggerating. "It's pure coincidence that I saw you here."

He wondered if she even remembered his name, the slightly panicked look in her eyes said no, but he didn't mind - he didn't expect her to at all. He thought, wondering what the best way to remind her of his name without embarrassing either of them. Oh yes! He had a letter from an old friend in his pocket. "To make up for the inconvenience, I'll buy you a drink, how about that?" he took the letter out of his pocket and placed it on the table in search of his coin purse, his name and address neatly written on the front. There; if she didn't know his name yet, she must now. After finding his change, he placed the letter back in his pocket, smiling, "It would be my pleasure, really." He insisted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Aleta frowned and looked away from him, pressing her lips together. Now she remembered who he was: Aldrich Beilschmidt, the youngest teacher currently at Hogwarts. The others talked about him, mostly in terms of that wonderful leg injury of his, and sometimes she had to wonder if he was just faking it or faking how much it hurt. "Mm, I see."

Tilting her head as he started rummaging through his pocket, she shrugged. "Alright, if you insist." And she was going to get a free drink out of it, so she really didn't mind letting him pay. Aleta stretched, arching her back slightly in hopes of making the irritating itch that had developed go away. She didn't think it would work, but she was willing to try it.

Last edited by Aleta Carriedo on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:02 am

He could tell that she was a bit skeptical, and fair enough, since for the moment, he was faking, but she didn't say anything, so he didn't speak further about it either. He didn't like how much emphasis was put on his leg injury - he never bared his legs or else it was all everyone could look at - but admittedly, it was sometimes useful. Nobody, whether they were skeptical or not, would dare to defy him and ask him if he was faking. He placed his hand on the table awkwardly, pressing his fingers in to the grains of the wood.

He nodded as she agreed to let him buy a drink, having relinquished his grip on the table and now holding a handful of galleons in his hand, moving his fingers slighly and letting them slide over each other. It seemed like nowadays he couldn't keep still; he was always seemed to be doing something with his fingers these days, a habit he'd only started lately; in the last year. He hadn't really thought about it, but he was sure it had something to do with having to stop adventuring. He flicked his wrist and rolled it, while still pressing it firmly against his hip, as if trying to hide the fidgiting. "So," He asked, "What would you like then?" He asked.

When he had her answer he went back to the bar, flicking his hair out of his face and ordered the drinks. He felt a little bad for imposing on the other teacher, he would leave after lunch but he, in all honesty, didn't like eating alone. Besides it would be nice to get to know another teacher; he didn't know his colleagues all that well yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:57 am

She told him what she wanted and watched him walk to the bar, her eyes drifting down towards his leg. It was certainly an interesting wound, and she couldn't help but wonder how he got it. Tilting her head, she pulled her hair back into a tight knot at the base of her neck. Having tamed her hair for the moment, she let her mind drift to the various causes of the wound.

She briefly entertained wild things that couldn't possibly be true before pulling herself together and nodding faintly. Since Aldrich had decided to impose upon her free time, she was simply going to have to impose upon his privacy just a little. Aleta allowed a brief smile cross her face as she waited for him to come back, leaning against her chair.

She gave him a bright smile, knowing very well how to hide the fakeness of it. That's why she was considered the information gatherer of her old group; she could be an excellent actor when she wanted to. "So, tell me Aldrich," she started as he sat down and put the drinks on the table, "What happened to your leg?" She widened her smile faintly and tilted her head in curiosity, a strand of hair flying free from the knot to lay across her face.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:41 am

Ah, he had sort of expected that queston, it was very common. Well... it wasn't a difficult question to answer, it didn't hurt him to talk about, though he didn't go around bragging about it. He put a hand on his leg as it started to throb at the memory, carefully massaging the area. "I was in an ancient temple in Egypt. There was a trap that I didn't count on, I cut my leg against the blade of a weapon held by a figure. It was just an accident and I didn't think much about it, you know?" He took a drink, feeling the fear of the memory build up, "A few minutes later I was lying on the floor, screaming."

He sat up straighter in his chair, "The blade was laced with a corrosive posion that started to burn away the flesh. Luckily, my team stopped it from entering the blood stream or from burning the bone... I'm lucky really. Still couldn't walk for half a year..." He sighed and looked down, taking a sip of his drink. "The poison is resistant to accelerated healing so I just have to wait." He explained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:34 am

He certainly had an interesting life, that was for sure. She nodded faintly as she listened to his story, glancing down at the table. If she had the ability to look through tables, she would be glancing down at his leg but as she didn't... not that it truly mattered, both of them knew what she was trying to look at. "I see. That's terrible, though at least you do have the possibility of it healing completely at some point."

Humming and tapping her cheek lightly, Aleta sipped at her drink as she tried to think of another question. She supposed that Aldrich might think it was his turn to ask her a question, but she didn't go along with systems like that and it was his own fault he was on the receiving end of her admittedly boundless curiosity.

She blinked as a question came to her and wondered why it didn't come to mind earlier. "What were you doing in a temple in Egypt?" Aleta leaned towards him. Of course she wouldn't ignore any of his questions, but she hoped he would answer her question first.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 am

He nodded; he knew he was very lucky. After all, he could run now, there was a time that the healers thought that he would never be able to walk properly. Now he could potentially make a full recovery, which was amazing, though he sometimes didn't have the pateince for it. He stretched and took another drink. He wondered if he had any questions, since he probably was owed one, as she had already asked him something. Still, he didn't really have anything to ask her right now.

Then she asked him another question; he didn't really mind, he did have nothing to ask her. Besides; he liked talking about his days as an adventurer, he was deeply nostalgic about them. "I was in a temple in Egypt because my team and I were trying to retrieve the Amulet of Anubis for a museum collection, and a hefty price was paid for it. The Amulet of Anubis is an Egyptian, clearly, it's known for its magic powers; it's supposed to be dark and have the ability to cause a plague on anyone the user wishes. It was only rumoured to be in that temple, but rumours and ledgends are what we work with. I'm a sort of... freelance treasure hunter, I suppose. We're contracted to retrieve precious or mythical artefacts from say, tombs or ancient cave systems, sometimes catacombs." He explained, the often happy and always terrifying memories of his days adventuring flashed in to his head. He was terribly nostalgic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Listening to him talk made her both amazed that there was someone like her in this school and nostalgic for the job she was no longer apart of. "I didn't realize there was a new treasure hunter in this school." She muttered, sipping at her drink again and setting it down. "That certainly sounds like a dangerous artifact. Are you sure the people you were getting it for where going to put it in a museum?"

She reached up and undid the knot she had put her hair into, letting it down. She often did that, putting it up only to take it down again. Not because she was unhappy with her hair style, just that she was very fidgety and if she didn't have anything else to play with she used her hair. And when it was up, she couldn't fidget with it so obviously she needed it down. But it annoyed her sometimes when it was down and so she put it back up. And so on and so forth in an annoying loop.

Aleta shook her head to stop her from getting distracted, running her hands through her hair and watching him as she waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:09 am

"Another treasure hunter?" He perked up; it would be nice to have someone to swap stories with - someone who didn't think him mad for taking part in this life, "You mean there's another? Who?" He asked. He would try and meet them as soon as possible. Perhaps he already knew them? Who could it be? Not Romulus, he knew that much. But the other teachers were a mystery.

He took another drink as he thought of the best answer to her question, "I suppose it's possible that they could have had other intentions, yes." He said, "However there's a lot of checks to go through; background checks, whether the buyer has any affiliation with the dark arts, and we keep a watch on the artefact for the next six months to a year, make sure it is where they say. There's also wards to limit the artefact's power and notify us if it's used or moved."

He watched as Aleta pulled her hair down. She had very pretty hair, he thought. She should be proud of it, an elf would. He certianly found it a shame that she kept her hair up; she should be proud of it. Perhaps it was for her job, which was most likely. He noticed she liked playing with her hair - it was cute, made her look younger than she was in a sense, a bit like a school girl. "You have lovely hair," He said, not thinking the comment to be strange in any way. After all, it was the kind of comment that was quite normal and flattering in his society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:35 am

Aleta paused and stared at him briefly, wondering if he was actually serious. Upon seeing that he was, she laughed lightly and shook her head, smiling. "Yes, I do mean another treasure hunter. And you're looking at her." Yes, it might have sounded a bit egotistical, but she didn't normally get to talk with any one about her former job without worrying about sounding like she was a liar. Not that she really cared, but she didn't want people to think that she was a dishonest person.

Humming, she nodded along with his words. It made sense and it was certainly a better system than what her group had in place; magical vows that prevented the person from actually using anything they found for that person. Of course, that didn't stop them from giving it to someone else and just directing them, but so far that hadn't seemed to have happened and so she wasn't too worried that they had used a bad system. What happened happened and it would be some other person's fault.

Her hands paused and she blinked at him, slightly confused. "Thank you." She responded, pulling her hands away from her hair after pushing it over her shoulder to hang down her back. Whenever someone commented on her hair - which didn't happen often and normally didn't come from a man - she stopped playing with it for a entirely. At least until she forgot about the comment entirely. She wasn't entirely sure why.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

An excited smile split his face. "Really?" He said eagerly, "You were a treasure hunter as well? How long for?" It would be nice to have someone around who knew what a treasure hunter was and what they did. It woiuld be nice to have someone to compare stories and scars with, and to have them believe you fully (he was paranoid that one day he would be an old man and everyone would think he had lost his mind for the stories he had to tell). "What sort of group did you have?" He had a lot of questions to ask, as he was sure she did too, but he would try and keep calm, not blurt out a string of questions at once. Perhaps he should have realised earlier that she was also a treasure hunter; the way she had acted, maybe, or responded to his answers to her questions. But really, it didn't matter, it just mattered that he had another treasure hunter to talk to. You know why I stopped, I'm sure, but why did you?" He hoped it wasn't too peronal a question. But she did know his.

He noticed that Aleta had stopped playing with her hair and began to worry. Had it been odd to say that? Had he embarassed her or made her think of him strangely? He hoped not, but he didn't want to bring it up for fear that he just make things worse.

Last edited by Aldrich Beilschmidt on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm

She laughed at his enthusiasm, relaxing and smiling back happily. "I was, yes. For about ten years." And she still missed it. Though it had been so long since she had been one that she probably couldn't go back at this point without a lot more training to get in the right shape. But no matter; she had someone who has gone through similar things that she has, someone who knows just what it's like to be a treasure hunter and then to stop being one. Of course, he had a better reason, but still.

"It was a small group, just myself and three other people. All of them were wizards." And one was a werewolf, but she knew better than to talk of such things where someone could over hear them. Aleta was not in the mood to deal with idiotic people who couldn't handle the fact that there were people out there who were different from the norm. "Ah, um. Well." She frowned, still regretting her reason to leave."I was engaged at the time and my soon to be husband felt that it would be better if I got a safer job. So I did." It hadn't been the most intelligent move on her part really.

Her fingers twitched with the urge to fidget, and her scalp was actually feeling kind of itchy. Sighing and giving in to it, Aleta reached up with one hand and scratched at her head, running her fingers through her hair after wards to smooth it out.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm

He smiled and nodded. "I think I was about... 18/19 when I started so I think I've been doing it for 18 years or so. 10 years is a good time to do it, I think. You managed not to get too badly hurt after all." He said with a small chuckle. "I started very young, it was the only thing that I ever wanted to do with my life" He accompanied this phrase with a bitter glance down at his leg. He didn't think it was fair that he had been taken away from what he loved.

Aldrich listened to what she said, nodding and thinking about her group combination. It was very normal, much more normal than his.
"Mine was quite small too, there was me, my dragon, a muggle assasin, a goblin, and wizard cursebreaker. He missed that group and wished he could keep in touch with them better but since they were still adventuring, he couldn't always contact them. He wondered if they missed him as well. They had been close, so surely they had, but the little niggling insecurity in him wondered if they had just replaced him.

He frowned
"What a shame." He said "I suppose you aren't still together, the way you say it. If so then... why did you stay here instead of going back.?" Thinking about it, she was probably attatched to the school. It's unusual for an adventurer to stay in one place long so the places they did stay, he had found anwyay, took on a particular significance in the person's life, memorable simply because there was time to remember it. He wondered if he would eventually go the same way as that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:56 am

Aleta blinked, tilting her head in surprise. "Wow you were young. I was thirty when I first started." She didn't quite care that she was revealing her age to him, she didn't see the point in hiding it after all. "I wouldn't say that. I've certainly gotten injured a time or two, just nothing that left me completely unable to work." Giving him a sympathetic smile, she shrugged lightly. "I'm sure you'll be able to go back to it soon enough." She hoped. It would truly be terrible if he couldn't go back to the one thing he's wanted to do all his life.

"Certainly sounds like an interesting group." She still kept in contact with her group, though she could definitely tell that she was starting to be cut out from the rest of them. They had started the process the minute she left, and at any point now they would just cut ties completely. It was a sad thing, truly, but she couldn't really fault them for it.

Quieting, she bit her lip. "You're right, we're not together anymore." Shrugging and looking away from him, she made a small little noise of thought. "I had already been here for three years when he and I broke up, so it just made more sense to stay then go back to the group that I abandoned. Not that they would have turned me away, but it wouldn't have been the same anymore. So I stayed. I like it here." She nodded lightly and smiled at him softly.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 pm

He nodded, secretly doing a calculation in his head to work out her age, not that it really mattered; age is just a number and she certianly didn't look it, in his opinion, but then, wizards never do. He That wasn't terribly uncommon - he had known people who were older than that when they had started in this line of work. Age was nothing to do with this line of work, depending their skills were. "I know I started surprisingly early. When I got out of school I just felt like I didn't belong anywhere and I didn't have any direction. It was the first thing that struck a passion in me so I took it up." He explained, not ashamed to talk about how he had fallen in to his career. He wouldn't, honestly, talk about moping about his mother's house or his parents house, or in his appartment in Berlin, drinking and teetering on the edge of depression. he did grimace at the thought though. "And what about you?" He asked, whishing to distract her and himself from those thoughts.

He tugged on his fingers lightly in thought,
"Oh, no doubt you were hurt, everyone does eventually, some worse or more permanent than others." He agreed. "Hopefully I will. I'm just worried that by that time I'll be out of shape or nobody will have me back." It was actually silly to worry, he was strong and even though his legs were hurt, he made sure to keep himself fit, almost to an obsessive level.

"They were fantastic,"He smiled wistfully. "I couldn't have asked for a better team." He sighed. "I don't see them often or keep in touch. It's a shame. There aren't many ways to get letters to people in the middle of the desert. We talk when we can but now I'm even further away. At least if they ever come to Hogwarts I can help." He said wistfully.

He listened to her, nodding slightly.
"I'm sorry." He said sympathetically. Bad break ups where always terrible and with their job, it was always inevitable. "You don't feel you fit in any more." He chuckled, "Tell you what, when I get better, you and I will make our own team." He joked. He didn't actually think that he would ever get in a state where he could really adventure again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:28 am

Humming softly, Aleta shrugged and smiled at him. "I just think it's interesting that you already knew what you wanted to do with your life at such a young age." She was somewhat envious of him; she had spent years trying to figure out what she should do with her life to no avail. It was slightly disheartening to think about. "Ah, well... I met one of my teammates and we became close friends. And the more he told me about his job the more I wanted to be a part of it until eventually, I just joined up." She shrugged again, lightly scratching her neck.

"I'm sure you'll be in great shape when the time comes for you to go back to work." She looked him over and nodded, sending him a bright smile. While the robes did hide a few details, she was pretty sure he was fit underneath them. She didn't doubt that he kept himself in perfect condition; she had done the same for years before accepting that she just wasn't going to be part of that team again.

Aleta sighed softly. "Yeah... I'm sure you'll be the best help that you can be." Though she doubted they would come here. Her team had made a point of avoiding schools and the like, and if his team was anything like her's they would never come to this place.

"Thank you." She smiled softly at him, pressing her hands together beneath her chin. Aleta nodded, glad to have someone around who understood it so well without her really having to explain too much of it to him. She laughed loudly, covering her mouth when the people around them turned to see what was making so much noise. "That sounds like a wonderful plan." She nodded as if she was serious, grinning widely.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:18 am

"Pure luck," He assured her, "A group simply happened to be passing where I was staying at the time. If it hadn't been for that, I perhaps would have never found my calling." The depression he would have sunk in to if that happened was a terrifying thought; he was rather dispostioned towards it."As good a way as any to meet your team and I think how a lot of people actually join up, since it's not exactly a job which gives out leaflets to wizarding schools unlike, say, healing," He had always thought it was a shame. It was no more dangerous than Auror work and paid better as well.

He shrugged meekly,
"I can't help but be worried." Okay, he knew it was true; he was rather fit, however, he couldn't help but think that even if he was more fit than a regular person, would he be in a good enough shape to actually do the job? He shook the thought away; no matter what, he wasn't healthy enough to go, on account of his leg. There was no point worrying over something he couldn't change.

He nodded,
!But any items that were hidden here have probably already been found, unfortunately." He said. To be honest, the thought of his team coming to Hogwarts was a mere pipe dream; when he found himself truly bored of this place, he would imagine that - since he couldn't go to his team - his team went to Hogwarts. "But then, I suppose Hogwarts has many secrets that aren't known... such as the diadem." Well, he was allowed to keep a little hope, wasn't he?

He briefly thought about it, curious. He was, actually, in part serious, however, he knew that the probablility that he would never return to questing was high, either because his leg wouldn't recover, he would get too old or, like Aleta, he would come to enjoy it enough at hogwarts that he didn't want to leave.
"One day," he promised jokingly, not wanting to get too serious about it and dissapoint either one of them.

It was about that time, he finished his food, looking down at the empty plate.
"Would you like to go out with me?" He asked, then paused, "Ah... by which I mean... right now, exploring Hogsmeade. As friends." He flushed, stuttering. He was terribly awkward sometimes, unfortunately. It wasn't that he didn't find her beuatiful and she was kind, he just wasn't looking for anyone really, at that time; he wanted to make friends first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:57 pm

"Ah I see. In which case it's not so interesting. Though it is a bit strange that they took on someone so young. But I'm glad that you found your calling." She nodded, giving him a slight smile. Shrugging at his next words, Aleta played with the ends of her hair absently. "I suppose. Though that's why schools have people like us, to explain about that kind of careers. Since we have first hand experience and all of that." She rolled her eyes lightly.

Aleta gave him a mild look, raising an eyebrow. "I don't think you have anything to worry about at all Aldrich. You seem perfectly fit. Besides, you never know what's going to happen." Comforting people was not her job. Nor was boosting peoples' self esteem her job either. Though she was sure they were on the list somewhere and as such she should probably work on that.

Humming, she nodded lightly. "Probably. And if they haven't, I'm quite sure the two of us could find them without the help of a team." Not that she was downplaying just how important it was to have a team for this kind of thing, but she knew that they would never get a team here to help them with it if they did find hints of something worth looking into. "And that is true. Hogwarts is full of surprises.

Aleta laughed slightly and shook her head, actually rather doubting that the two of them would become a team for anything outside of Hogwarts. It was highly unlikely and, though she wasn't going to completely shoot down the idea, she didn't think she was ever going to leave Hogwarts. It was a strange place, sucking a person in and making them love it if they were a teacher at the school. She enjoyed it here and didn't actually want to leave. "Maybe. She smiled briefly.

She blinked and tilted her head before nodding. "Sure. Where to?" Pausing, she giggled lightly and waved her hand in the air to cover up the brief blush that spread over her face. "That sounds lovely Aldrich, going to explore as friends." She hadn't even really thought of the other way 'going out' with each other could be taken, at least not until he mentioned it. Aleta really did need to get out more often.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:37 am

He rubbed his temple, feeling so embarassed, his cheeks blushing lightly pink. "Well where would you like to go?" He asked, "I've always liked the sweetshop, so we could look around the town." He sugested, "But I've never been out of the main town, so I thought you might want to go for a walk around Hogsmeade, away from the village, I'm not sure where we will end up. But... it will probably be farmland." It was all farmland around here; he was sure that it was all there was over the mountains. "If we get lost, we can easily apperate back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Aleta hide a laugh at the look on Aldrich's face, finding it cute. And it was a silly mistake he made, nothing really important. It was kind of adorable, his reaction to it. She shrugged lightly, humming. "Going outside of the village could be fun. Let's do that!" She smiled at him and stood up, stretching out. "Should we head out now then?" Aleta was actually getting excited, already viewing this an adventure of sorts. And she did so love adventures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]   Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploring Hogsmeade [Aldrich + Aleta]
Page 1 of 1