Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich] Empty
PostSubject: Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]   Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Roisin was considered one of the most distinguished experts on luck and charms in the wizarding world. One didn't get a title like that unless they were willing to devote a lot of time, sweat, and study to their work. Rosy was more than willing. Some might call it an obsession, but she preferred to call it a passion. So when Rosy found new leads to incorporate into her charms, she followed them like a bloodhound.

Which is why she had been paying very close attention to the new DADA teacher. Honestly. That was the only reason. Anyways, she had noticed a few things that intrigued her about Professor Beilschmidt, in a purely academic way of course. It's just, well, her charms were famous for the way she combined them with other talismans that they weren't usually found with, but there were some cultures she had yet to explore.

One of those, was the Elfish society. She had attempted in the past, even actually met some of the Fair Folk from her own dear Ireland. The only problem was that she could never clearly recall if they had talked about luck. She had been taken to the Kingdom Under the Hill a total of two times, and in an attempt to be polite, partaken in their food and drink. The memories she had were wonderful, but indistinct. The only concrete things she had left with were some pleasant acquaintances with some elves whose names she could barely remember unless she was face to face with them, and a tattoo of a celtic knot that liked to disappear and reappear at odd times.

That said, she was nearly positive that Aldrich had some ties to the Elves. Which is why she was studying him and trying to figure out how to approach him. Which is why she had been observing him over a copy of a charm text book for the last 42 minutes. Which she was holding upside down...

No one ever accused her of being subtle or sneaky.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]   Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

Aldrich was sat in the staff room, trying to relax a little while getting some work done. Admittedly, they were not two things that went together - relaxation and work. However, he had to do his work and frankly doing it in the magically soundproofed staff room was better than doing it in his classroom where the students were contantly walking by and portraits chatted cheefully outside. This, in relative to that, was like a spa holiday, even if he did have to cringe when he sees the students make mistakes.

However he couldn't help but think there was something wrong - some little paranoid voice at the back of his mind that told him he was being watched. This, naturally, ruined his relaxation somewhat. After nearly an hour of ignoring this voice, he finally looked up from his work to see if he could quieten it down. He doubted anyone was watching him but after 17 years as a treasure hunter, the littlest thing could set him off. He looked around and who should he notice but the charms teacher (a nice woman from all he'd seen of her, which wasn't much) reading a book on charms. By no means was this an odd thing to do, she was a charms teacher, it was perfectly within her right to read a book on charms, or even a book on transfiguration. But something was wrong with this picture. Namely... the book was upside down. Perhaps there was something wrong with the cover or perhaps it was an odd thing with the book so part of it could only be read while it was the wrong way up.

Aldrich, somehow, doubted this. So, he cleared his throat and, in his politest voice, said,
"Hello, Miss Galager." He was fairly certian that it was her name. He didn't know her first name yet though, he would have to find out. "Interesting book?" He motioned to the book in what was (he hoped) a subtle way of asking her what she was doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]   Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 am

Rosy may have squeaked a little when the Defense teacher cleared his throat and addressed her. "Oh, hello Professor Beilschmidt," she said pleasantly, giving the blond a grin. " Yes. They've got some nice theories..." her voice trailed off as she actually looked at the book and realized her mistake. A light blush of embarrassment blossomed under her freckles. She cleared her throat awkwardly. "You know how they say you should know your subject backwards and forwards? Well I thought I might try it upside down," she chuckled lightly at her own joke, but the laughter dwindled quickly.

Rosy took a deep breath and let out a sigh, her shoulders slumping. "You're not buying any of that, are ya?" she said, looking up at Aldrich with a rueful smile. She shook her head at herself, shutting the book and setting it aside. Well at least that solved the question of how to approach him. "I don't think we've really gotten to know each other," she said in a more natural tone, "Roisin Gallagher. Feel free to call me Rosy, it's a lot less formal and... easier for most people to pronounce."
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]   Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 am

He gave an a used look, somewhat mirthful,"No, I am not." He said, looking at her book lightly,"Let's not beat about the bush; where you watching me?" He asked. Admittedly, it was rather blunt, but he was never one to bother for pleasantries. He thought she was a nice teacher, a little awkard sometimes it seemed; instead of asking him that she wanted she was simply staring at him. Well he hoped that she wanted something, she didn't seem the type to stalk someone; from what he knew of her, she was nice enough.

(( Sorry that it's short. It'll get longer after the actually issue comes out~ ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]   Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleased to meet you! (Charmed, I'm sure.) [Rosy+Aldrich]
Page 1 of 1