Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Toasty Fire [Open]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Margherita sat with her legs crossed at one of the chairs in the Foreign Exchange Students common room, her homework in front of her. She really hated homework, especially History of Magic, so she figured if she went out into the hall, she could find someone to help her (or at least concentrate more). She crouched over a particular problem about owls and their use in wizarding society. All she ever used Tito for was sending letters... was there anything else they really did? She sighed dramatically and opened up her textbook, looking for a page on owls.

She answered the question and stood up to stretch. She spoke to herself, "I really hate this!" She figured now would be the time to take a break, so she closed her books and stared into the fire. Fires were warm and toasty, which were two things she was not this time of year. She sat down in front of it, legs crossed indian-style, and put up her hands to keep them warm.

She wondered when someone was going to come in here. Perhaps they had all gotten accustomed to their own rooms...? She was still a little uncomfortable with the way everyone knew each other. She didn't like being alone! The Italian girl rolled back and forth, wallowing in the heat of the fire. Maybe it would be better if more people came in here; she didn't like being so lonely, even after she had been here for the sorting.

(( I've also worked on my app a bit; if there's more things I need to change, please contact me. ))

Last edited by Margherita Vargas on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Elizabeta was bored, having utterly no urge to complete her Potions homework. She supposed it could have something to do with the level of noise in the Gryffindor common room, which had become more crowded since she had first settled in one of the comfier chairs earlier that afternoon. It wasn’t as if she was distracted. No way; she was simply just…procrastinating. On homework that was due the next day.

Giving a frustrated sigh, the Hungarian finally managed to convince herself to stand and gather her things, making her way to the entryway. She slipped outside into the quiet corridor and turned her feet in the direction of the foreign exchange student common room. Perhaps there she could actually convince herself to do her work. Elizabeta normally could do her homework with no problems, especially if it was for Potions, but even she had no desire to complete an essay of the history of the various love potions out there.

She rolled her eyes, half convinced that the professor was trying to hint something to their class, and nudged open the door to the smaller common room. Elizabeta took several steps inside before she realized that someone else was there, and she blinked as her gaze fell onto the other girl. The fifth year didn’t recognize her, but she looked oddly familiar for some reason.

“Hello!” she greeted cheerfully, offering a warm smile. “Mind if I do some homework in here?”

Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Margherita was lying, her back on the floor and her head facing the magnificent ceiling, when she heard someone enter. This was a bit of a small miracle, since she was a bit hard of hearing. She sat up and put her hands in her lap, eyes wide and perky. Whoever it was, she was really pretty and older-looking! She grinned lazily; maybe she should be showing proper respect to someone in a higher grade, but then again, there weren't many people here (none besides them, in fact) and there wasn't much of a point of putting something on, since she might look show-offish instead. Though she would never admit it, she was a bit show-offish. That was just the way she was.

The other woman's gaze fell onto her, and she felt herself get a little nervous. The first person she made real contact with, and they might judge her! Her insides scrambled, but the other person instead smiled cheerfully and asked if she could do homework. She waved obnoxiously and got up to move her stuff. "Sure! Go ahead, I'm just a third year anyway." She laughed, realizing just how good of an actress she was when the need came up.
Back to top Go down

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm

“Oh, you’re a third year? I thought you looked younger,” Elizabeta mused thoughtfully, stepping to the side as the other girl moved towards her. Following her to the table, she realized what she was doing and plopped her book and parchment down onto the table with care, gesturing towards her. “You don’t have to leave. It would be nice to have company. Especially with this sort of potions work. Love charms and all that.” The Hungarian made a face briefly and sorted through her work as she slid into a chair, humming softly.

Looking up at the other, Elizabeta got a closer look at the girl. She was rather cute and perky-looking, with a wide and innocent look in her eyes. The fifth year found herself smiling at her again, momentarily forgetting about her homework. “I would hate to think I drove you away. Why don’t we cheer each other on?” she asked upon noticing the half-complete History of Magic parchment. “Ah, I’ve talked too much again. My name’s Elizabeta. What’s yours?”

[Short and crappy reply is short and crappy. Hope this works XD]

Back to top Go down

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 am

The Slytherin common room could be an interesting place to hang out, but yet again the place proved too noisy for Ludwig to get any serious work done. The open expanse of the library didn't seem appealing today, so the German youth decided to try his luck with the foreign exchange students' room. The few times he had been there, he hadn't been able to hear himself think, even, but perhaps this time would be the charm. Maybe the others had a better place to chat and hang out. Loading up his bag with parchment and books, he started off through the hallways.

Ludwig's hopes turned out to be partially right: the room wasn't empty, but the only two occupants were girls, only one of whom he knew. The other... shutting the door behind him quietly and squinting a little, Ludwig thought he recognized her from the Sorting. He certainly couldn't remember her name, unfortunately, but she seemed friendly and sweet.

"Hallo, Elizabeta, Fräulein," he greeted, adding a polite nod to the unknown girl. "I hope I'm not interrupting, I just want to do some work." Patting his schoolbag, he took a seat at the table and began spreading his things out in silence.

[[I'd like to jump in, if that's okay!]]
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 pm

(( Yay Ludwig~ And I think that reply is fine, Liz! ))

Margherita pouted slightly about her earliest comment, since she wanted to have a mature and warm body. She didn't want to be a scraggly little girl! Either way, she managed a "Yep." before she noticed her actually inviting her to stay. "Oh! Alright then!" She smirked and set her things down across from her, preferring to be on the floor rather than pulling up a chair. She stayed oblivious to the face her partner made. "And you like love potions? I think they're pretty neat! Though I'm not very good at potions..." She decided to keep it a secret that she wasn't doing very well in her studies at all, but she planned to try harder and plow more field, especially today.

The taller girl offered cheering each other on, and she jerked her head excitedly. She finally gave herself a name; Elizabeta. She thought to herself what a pretty name that was, momentarily blanking out before giving her own name. "Ah, yes! I'm Margherita Vargas." She grinned widely, trying to hide her missing teeth (she swore they would grow in with the rest of them someday!).

Around that moment, the door creaked open, and she turned around to see who was standing there. She bared her teeth in a slightly different fashion; a Slytherin! According to some rumors she had picked up on through the school's metaphorical thin walls, Slytherins were supposed to be evil and sneaky! However, she ignored this after a few seconds' time; in fact, he looked kind of... nice? He greeted her friend (if that was what they were called, what with just meeting and all) and gave her a nod, which made her nod right back, as if she was a robot of some sort. He joined them and she immediately clipped, "Margherita Vargas."
Back to top Go down

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Elizabeta didn’t notice the pout, too busy with straightening out her schoolwork in order to actually get started. She looked up again as the other girl set her things down again, shaking her head slightly. “Oh no. Love potions are a mess.” The Hungarian rolled her eyes, huffing. “I don’t understand why they have to be so complicated. Potions is one of my favorite subjects, but these stupid love potions never manage to make sense.”

She sighed and tapped her quill against the parchment, making a face at what she had already written. This was so tedious. Why was this even necessary? Was it even going to be on the OWL exams? Somehow she doubted it, but at the same time, there were always trick questions in those. At least from what she heard. Elizabeta groaned inwardly, pushing her homework away. There were times when she hated being a fifth year, and this was one of them.

“Margherita, huh? That sounds Italian.” Getting a closer look at the other girl, Elizabeta could definitely see the telltale signs of her nationality. No wonder she seemed so familiar. At first glance she could pass as the twin of that cute little Italian who had been hanging around Ludwig lately. “I’m from Hungary myself.” She knew for sure that she was Hungarian, even though she was an orphan and couldn’t be sure. But that was her identity, and she was sticking with it.

Hearing the door open, Elizabeta looked over her shoulder to see Ludwig entering the room. She grinned, hopping to her feet as the Slytherin came over to their table. “Hey, Ludwig! Long time no see, igen?” The fifth year trailed after him and leaned on his shoulder, curious to see what he was working on. “So what homework from what crackpot professor are you doing?”

[Sorry about the wait guys!]
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 pm

(( *facepalms* I'm really sorry. ))

Margherita shrugged, hoping to get her two bits in on the conversation. "I guess... I mean, I haven't been all that successful in love. I guess I just kind of figured it would be fun! But if it's not, then I'm staying away from them."

After Ludwig entered, she sat back and pulled her notebook up into her lap, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. It seemed very tedious, important, and... older-ish. Whatever it was, she didn't want to stick her nose in a conversation those two were having. However, been questions, she continued to sneak small glances at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toasty Fire [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasty Fire [Open]   Toasty Fire [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toasty Fire [Open]
Page 1 of 1