Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Looking for distraction [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Seychelles

Looking for distraction [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Aimée had been sitting in the Gryffindor common room for some time now. Apparantly she needed to write an essay for the History of Magic class- that was due tomorrow. Why couldn't her classmates have told her sooner? Of course, she had been there herself when the teacher had told them to do it last week, but Aimée didn't bother writing it down somewhere, as she thought that is was a easy thing to remember and she would do it when she had time.
But there had been more interesting things that she had done in that time. And suddenly, it was almost a week later.

She started writing the essay in the library right after the last class today, and made some progress with a helpful Ravenclaw who gave her some tips. Aimée was just beginning to think that finishing it would be easy when a bunch of Slytherin girls came into the library to find a recipe for a "love potion". They saw the Ravenclaw, and asked him to help them- which was more interesting to him than helping the little Gryffindor girl with her History of Magic homework. Aimée decided that the loud giggles coming from the group wouldn't help her continue her homework. Not to mention the fact that the Slytherin girls kept looking over at her and sneering, obviously proud of the fact that they stole Aimée's helper. What is their problem!?
The girl decided that being here wouldn't do any good to her mood, so she retreated to the common room of Gryffindor.
Luckily the common room was quiet, with most students going outside in their well-earned free time. So now here she was, writing about some boring wizard that apparantly did some remarkable things.
Alright. It needed about about one paragraph more, then the essay should be done. Aimée sighed. She should've done this earlier.

Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 am

Daniel was enjoying the unusual silence in the common room. Gryffindors were usually loud and all over the place, but today it was such a nice day outside, most thought it would be a shame to spend it all cooped up inside. He would have joined them too if it wasn't for the amount of homework he had for the next day.

He groaned quietly, cursing himself under his breath. Why did he have to fall to the temptation of Quidditch? Why did he have to fly around outside or spend his time reading books on spell or talking with his friends? He should have started doing his pile of homework instead. He stuck his tongue out at his 2 inch long potions essay childishly. He still had 8 inches missing and he had no idea what more he could write.

He pushed the piece of parchment away from himself, stretching his arms with a heavy sigh. He had to write that essay, or Professor Kirkland would have his head. He could feel a gentle breeze coming through the open window, bringing the scent of grass and sunshine with it. And the sound of something flying. Daniel opened his eyes and watched his meager essay fly towards a girl, the only other occupant of the room, and smack her in the face.

Holding back a snicker at the comical sight, he walked over to his fellow Gryffindor, an apologetic smile on his face. "I'm sorry, I always try to tell my teacher that essays are dangerous, but she never listens to me."
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:48 pm

((Late reply! T.T I'm so sorry, I underestimated how busy I would be last week. I promise to do this sooner from now on. <3 ))

Aimée began writing the first sentence of the last paragraph of her essay. In short, the most impor- Hang on. Is something moving in the room? Aimée quickly looked up from her essay, but it was already too late. The last thing the girl saw was that everything around her suddenly turned yellowish.
"U-uwah!" she exclaimed. Aimée quickly reached to her face and took the unknown object from it. Parchment?
She was even more startled when a voice came from a boy who was suddenly standing next to her. She blinked again in confusion. Dangerous.. Essays?

Aimée suddenly realised what the boy had said. "Uwah.. A dangerous essay?" She repeated after him. Then the girl quickly put the parchemnt down on the table and jumped away from it. "Then this must be one of those cursed objects I heard about, which roam around the school and attack students? That they even managed to sneak into our common room.." The girl cautiously eyed the piece of parchment, which was now lying peacefully next to her essay.
She looked up at the boy next to her again. He was standing so close near the bewitched parchment! How brave. But you mustn't look up danger. Aimée mentioned him to step back. "Look out.. You never know when it might attack again!"
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 am

After the girl's reaction to hi supposedly 'dangerous' essay, Daniel couldn't decide if he was amused or guilty. He meant that as a joke. He laughed slightly, patting her on the head. "I was just kidding. This is as normal as essays get. Nothing cursed about it."

He blinked when she warned him not to be too close to the essay. It was nice that she was so cautious, but he really was only joking. "I'm sorry, I really was joking. It's not cursed, not at all. The only thing it harms is my free afternoon." He nodded at her own piece of parchment. "And yours too, it seems."

"So, I haven't seen you around yet. What year are you in?"
He smiled at the girl, holding out a hand. "Daniel Héderváry, by the way. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Aimée was still looking at the suspicious essay, when the boy told her he was just joking. Ah.. I just made a fool out of myself! But the other didn't seem to blame her much for it. She managed to smile a bit, though she was still feeling stupid. Oh, how her imagination always seemed to get the upper hand in situations like these.. At least she hadn't pulled out her wand yet.

"Ahah, oui, I was also just playing along!" She finally said, still faintly smiling. Aimée decided to forget about this as soon as possible.

Her smile grew a bit when the boy, Daniel, asked her which year she was in. "I'm a third year student.. I'm in the exchange program, and arrived here this year," she told him. She took his hand and shook it. "My name is Aimée Collins."

She let go of his hand. "I'm from the Seychelles, by the way." Not that Daniel probably knew what or where the Seychelles were, almost none of the other students knew. When she was talking with some fellow exchange students from her year they had all been very enthusiastic about everything else; 'Cool, you're from Germany? And wow, Australia, it must be really nice there! ...SeyWHAT?' Aimée has told so many people already where the Seychelles lay. "Uhm, the Seychelles are a bunch of islands above Madagascar." Oh, to live in a country with not such a big influence in the world.
"So, are you also an exchange student? Your english sounds a bit different than the british students," the girl asked, "ah, I'm sorry if you're not and I insulted you! That wasn't my intention.." The British she talked to sounded very fond of their own accent, and she didn't want to have done something embarrassing again.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 am

This girl was a pretty bad liar. Daniel just continued smiling at her, not wanting to call her out on it. "Of course you were."

He nodded at her. "Third year. That means you're probably 2-3 years younger than me." She certainly looked her age. She was shorter than him, which wasn't exactly a rare occurrence, and she had two bows in her pigtails, which made her look even younger than her age. But she was a pretty girl; surely, she would grow up to be beautiful.

He laughed slightly. "I know what the Seychelles are. We had an extracurricular activity called Geography back in my school. It's supposed to be a class all muggles have to take in my country." It wasn't a class he particularly enjoyed as it mostly involved staring at maps or learning about muggle money matters. It was considered a companion to Muggle Studies, a class he took and decided to get rid of it quickly. There were few classes more boring than that.

"Oh no, don't worry, you didn't insult me. I'm an exchange student as well. I come from Hungary." ...Did they know in the Seychelles about Hungary? It was in the middle of Europe and pretty small, after all. It wasn't like his country was boring or anything, not at all, he truly loved it and they invented many great things and had pretty good professional swimmers and waterpolo teams, but some people tended to not know those things. "So, yeah, I guess my accent is pretty different from a Brit's."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for distraction [OPEN]   Looking for distraction [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for distraction [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1