Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Former South Italy
Admin

I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Empty
PostSubject: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:24 am

He hated teaching. He despised having to deal with idiots who didn't understand the material that was placed in front of them, and so he hated it when Professor Kirkland asked him to tutor one of his classmates. Just because he was good at potions didn't mean he knew how to make other people good at it as well. Besides, he wasn't meant to be a teacher of any kind; he was abnormally cruel to the people he was supposed to be teaching, a fact his classmates had learned of very quickly. That's why he never got any partners for the work they had to do in class.

The only reason he wsa going along with this one was because it was Daniel. They were friendly with one another, and so he decided that he would probably be able to deal with the Gryffindor. Besides, Daniel wasn't a complete idiot like the rest of the people he was asked to tutor, so this should go smoothly. Then agian, Daniel had some weird abstract reason for not liking potions, meaning that he had to teach someone who hated potions to actually work at doing them correctly. This was obviously a recipe for disaster and if Lovino had been in Professor Kirkland's place, he would have just given up on the boy and been done with it.

But she had come to him, displaying a kind of desperation that Lovino hadn't learned to say no to yet. At least he could always say no to guys no matter how desperate they looked; cute girls who needed his help were probably his only real weakness. He couldn't bring himself to be mean to them, even if they were twice his age and a teacher. She wanted him to tutor Daniel, and so - even if it was reluctantly - he would tutor Daniel. Hopefully neither of them would die.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am

No. No. Nonononononononononono! He knew he probably wasn't Professor Kirkland's favorite student, he wouldn't have been surprised if he was her most hated one really, but he had no idea she could be this cruel! She got someone to tutor him. Tutor him, as in make him deal with Potions even in his free-time, that kind of tutoring.

And to make it worse, she just had to ask Lovino to do it. Lovino, who loved potions almost as much as he himself loved spells. Lovino, who was probably the only one Daniel couldn't ditch without feeling guilty. They were (almost) friends now, and he didn't want to disappoint him. But he wasn't sure he could do it; rather, he was sure he couldn't.

Why couldn't she have asked some Gryffindor who was good at Potions? He could avoid his housemates without the smallest bit of remorse. The grumpy little Slytherin was a different matter entirely. Maybe he could try to persuade him not to do it? He was sure he had no hope of that succeeding. Maybe he could go to this tutoring session and have a nice chat with Lovino about something random and ignore Potions completely? Yeah, right. Foolish thing to hope for. Oh well. He would just have to show up and tell the Slytherin nicely that he wasn't going to get tutored in Potions. There was no way.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Sighing and looking up at the clock, he scowled. Where the fuck was Daniel! Lovino was going to skin him alive if he didn't arrive soon, he definitely would. The little jerk knew exactly when and where he was supposed to meet the Italian, there was no time for being late. Honest to god, they only had to get through one lesson before Lovino declared Daniel unteachable. Then they would never have to do this again. It was beyond annoying trying to wait for this ass to show up, especially when he had so many essays that were waiting for him to pay attention to them.

Damn it Daniel... Lovino stood up, making sure everything was set out correctly, and went to go stand in the hall. He was going to bet that Daniel was trying to think of reasons not to come. While he did hate teaching, he had been asked to do so by a teacher and thus he was going to do this at least once. And if Daniel messed this whole thing up, Lovino was going to have to hurt him which would truly be terrible.

Tapping his foot when he found Daniel standing in the hall, Lovino gave him a sharp glare and ignored the whisper of jealous and enraged girlfriend that ran through his head. He was not acting like that and his mind would just have to shut the fuck up about it. "Stop fucking around and get in the damn room asshole, I don't have all day." And without even waiting for an answer he turned on his heels and went back into the room, still scowling and glaring darkly.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:55 pm

His determination lasted until he stepped into the corridor. Just one look at the door and the thought of his imminent doom behind it was enough to freeze him in his tracks. He couldn't do it. Definitely not. Lovino was nice and all, umm, sometimes that is, and he considered him a friend but not even he could get Daniel to start liking Potions. He sighed heavily and leaned against the wall. Some Gryffindor he was, too scared to have one little tutoring session. After a lesson Lovino would simply lose his patience and tell Professor Kirkland that he was absolutely hopeless and he should be left alone.

He tensed up when he heard the tapping of foot in his vicinity. He looked up to see Lovino standing there, sending him a glare Death himself would envy. He opened his mouth to apologize sheepishly, the older teen turned and marched back into the classroom with all the calmness of a raging bull.

With one last rueful sigh, Daniel followed him inside. He sat down by a desk, wondering just how the Slytherin wanted to tutor him. And just how long would it take until he realized that he was a lost cause.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Lovino stared at the Gryffindor, waiting for him to say something. Why the hell was he being so quiet? It was unusual and Lovino hated it. Growling faintly, he leaned closer and gave him a dark look. "Why the fuck are you being so quiet?" He crossed his arms, wanting to hear the other boy say something. Because otherwise this was going to be a very boring hour.

While he waited, he gestured at the things he had out. "We're going to work on making the Shrinking Solution, since it's something you learn about in fifth year and it's relatively simple." If Daniel messed this up, Lovino might just have to hurt him. It would be a pain to clean up the mess that would result from the potion being fucked up, and Lovino got the feeling that Daniel would be less than helpful in cleaning up.

He put the instructions and ingredients in front of Daniel and then stood back, moving so he could look into the cauldron. "Get to work." He ordered. The only good part of this was that he was allowed to order Daniel around while he was tutoring.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 am

Daniel stared at the Slytherin blankly. When he was talking he was called an idiot, but when he was quiet it was actually bothering Lovino? He really was a strange guy. And what was he supposed to say? 'Please, for both our sakes, let's just say you tried to teach me and failed?' It was tempting to just give up and say that but he had a feeling the other would just get even more pissed.

'Relatively simple'? Relatively simple things were the easiest to mess up. And he wasn't an idiot, damn it! It didn't matter whether Lovino wanted him to make a simple or a complicated potion. He didn't want to make potions and that was it. Daniel had never found learning potions recipe extremely hard, but they were too boring for their own good. Throwing stuff into a cauldron and watching it change colors wasn't exactly fun. It was just a waste of time.

He couldn't help the light twitch his eyebrows gave at the order. He wasn't some dog to be ordered around! "You can just tell Professor Kirkland that I'm a lost cause. I'm not going to make potions." Why couldn't they understand that he hated them? He brew potions at the exams, always managing to get a passing mark. He didn't need or want to be tutored.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Lovino pushed down the urge to growl, glaring at Daniel. He had noticed the twitch, though he had thought nothing of it until the Gryffindor had refused to go through with the task Lovino had given him. "Hm, let me think about that. ... Done thinking! No." He scowled darkly and crossed his arms. "You're going to make at least one potion before I declare you a lost cause. I already decided that this was going to be our only little tutoring session like this. So suck it up."

He tried to think of a way to make Daniel actually do this, just this one time. He didn't actually know of any ways that would make the other feel guilty enough to actually go through with this, especially since this was something Daniel was completely opposed to. Difficult indeed. "Besides, I helped you and am still helping you with your spells, even if I am pointing out the downsides to it. The least you could do is make one little potion so I can prove to Professor Kirkland that we tried." She was actually going to check.

Lovino was almost one hundred percent sure that she already knew about their plans to avoid doing this tutoring thing anymore, and so she had come to him right before this meeting. She had ordered him to get Daniel to make at least one potion, and then she wouldn't hold either of them to the promise of going to more. A good deal all around, so long as Daniel did his part in this.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:02 pm

The only one? As in, there wouldn't be more, no matter how badly he did? He only had to make one potion...and Lovino never said he had to make it right. But really, doing potions work in his free time seemed like a crime against humanity.

Damn it, he was always week to guilt trips. Lovino DID help him with his spells and Professor Kirkland might get angry at the Slytherin too if Daniel refused to cooperate. He really hated being such a nice person sometimes. "Fine, fine, whatever. I will do this ONCE, got it, ONCE."

He walked over to the desk and glared at the cauldron, hoping that it would somehow magically catch on fire and burn to ashed so he wouldn't have to do anything. He wondered if accidental magic was still possible at his age. Or rather, if he could get away with destroying the cauldron by claiming it was accidental magic.

One look at Lovino's face told him all he needed to know. No, no, he couldn't. He continued glaring at the cauldron, disgust oozing from him in waves. "Why don't you make the potion, mess something up, and say that I did it? it would be faster and considerably less painful."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Lovino waited impatiently to see what Daniel's response would be, arms crossed over his chest as a way of physically containing his impatience. He was sure that without it he would have been yelling at the other boy for not going along with his fucking plan. How hard was it to make one potion when you have the relief of knowing that you would never have to do it again in this particular way?

He didn't even bother hiding the satisfied look that came onto his face when Daniel agreed. He had actually been worried that Daniel would refuse, as he wasn't quite sure how good he was at actually manipulating people to do what he wanted them to. "Good. Thanks." He nodded, giving the other teen a pleased look. Of course, watching him fuck up a potion would be hard, but he wasn't going to do to Daniel what he planned to do with Raivis. That would result in an argument instead of anything productive.

Lovino ignored the way the taller teen glared at the cauldron, organizing his own notes. He had actually hoped to teach the other something, but since their current plan was to fuck up a potion and then never have another meeting like this ever again, he doubted that would ever actually get done. Unfortunately. He couldn't deny that seeing other people understand his subject was a nice feeling.

He stilled and stared at Daniel, slowly tilting his head in mix of confusion and shock. Daniel hadn't really actually asked him to do that, had he? "... are you fucking insane? Why the hell would you ask me to fuck up a potion on purpose? You don't see me asking you to fuck up your spells on purpose, now do you?" He snorted in disgust and gave him a dirty and, though he was unhappy to admit it, hurt look. Lovino was actually insulted that the other boy had asked him to do that. He thought that Daniel knew him better than that.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:10 am

Looks like being pissed at Potions made him immune to glares and dirty looks. He would have to remember that for future reference. He glared back at Lovino, in the mood for argument for once. "You don't see me asking you to make spells, now do you? If you're as good as Potions as you claim to be, then messing one up surely can't be that hard." He knew he was being a jerk, he knew the older teen didn't deserve any of this, but he was tired, he had lots of work to do, and here he was, forced to practice the one subject he wouldn't have cared if he failed!

He glared at the cauldron, pointing his wand at it. With a quick inward murmur of 'Aguamenti', he filled it with water, transformed the water into something denser, and turned it an acidic green color. "Shrinking Solution, slightly denser than water, acidic green. I know this much, I can do this much, isn't this enough?" He was all too aware of how potions were supposed to look. They never turned out that way for him. He was sure his little stunt would piss off Lovino even more, but at this point even getting hexed would be better than having to do a potion.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:57 pm

He bristled and scowled darkly, turning red. "You don't see me failing a class now do you! Tough luck for you that you're being forced to do something you hate! Your hatred is so fucking unique, how could I possibly be so mean and cruel as to force you to spend an hour of your time trying to improve your grade!" Lovino huffed and crossed his arms, glaring at Daniel. Sure, he was being a huge ass, but honestly. Daniel already agreed to do it, why the fuck was he backing out of it now?

Staring at what Daniel just did, Lovino could admit that he had just been turned speechless. Why... Lovino tilted his head and turned his stare on to Daniel, trying to figure out if he should be pissed off or amazed at his persistence. "You just... I don't... why." Lovino didn't even really care that his stuttering was kind of stupid sounding. It was just so odd that Daniel would even think that would pass. He shook his head and sighed, rubbing his face slightly. This, this was why he fucking hated teaching.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:56 am

He scowled back just as darkly. "One: I don't give a fuck about failing my class. I pass the exams and that's all I need. Two: You could've just said no to Professor Kirkland. I'm sure she would've understood that you didn't want to tutor a lost cause." He was starting to regret agreeing to this now. He should have known he would never be able to actually do potions work when he wasn't forced to. And, since this sure as hell wasn't an exam, he didn't and wouldn't consider himself forced, no matter what Lovino did.

Well, that was shocking. His little stunt managed to turn his aggressive companion speechless. He really should shock Lovino more; his stuttering and gaping was so much cuter than his shouting. Okay, he had no idea where that one came from.

He couldn't help but feel a bit guilty at the Slytherin's tired expression. He knew he was being difficult, but there were few people who could Daniel to actually do a potion; an examiner and... now that he thought about it, there was only one person. He sighed too. "Lovino, just give up. I don't care about my grade, you shouldn't either. I'm not making a potion."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am

Scowling, Lovino gave Daniel a look. "You should care about your grade, since you need to pass this class in order to not take it next year. And I couldn't say no to her, she would have demanded an explanation and as far as she's aware, the two of us are friends and therefore I should definitely be helping you try to improve." The odds of them staying friendly with each other after this were rapidly dwindling though, because Lovino wasn't sure if he would be able to deal with Daniel after this impressive show of temper.

He glared as Daniel told him to stop caring, actually kind of disappointed and surprised. "Oh forgive me for trying to help you. I'll make sure to stop now." He shook his head and put some of whatever Daniel made into a potion bottle, banishing the rest of it. "You're incredibly lucky I'm not going to make you drink this. However, now you have to clean out the cauldron. And you can't use magic for it." He put a cleaning solution and a rag next to the cauldron, giving him a stern look.

"Also, now I know to never ask you to do anything, since you'll just agree to do it and then back out of the deal three minutes later." He didn't care if that was just an unnecessary guilt trip, he was still fucking pissed that Daniel had done that. It would be one thing if he had just continued to say no, but he had actually agreed to make a potion, getting Lovino's hopes up. And then he turned around and said no afterwards any way. Fucking ass.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am

"I'll pass this class if I pass the exam, which I will. I always have, I always will." He couldn't help the slight twitch of the corner of his lips at being called Lovino's friend. True, he only said Professor Kirkland thought they were friends, but it still sounded nice. However, he had a feeling he managed to mess it up right now.

He refrained from telling the Slytherin that making him drink that stuff wouldn't be a horrible punishment. It was just dense, green water, which probably still tasted like water. It would feel gross at worst and maybe give him diarrhea, which wouldn't be particularly pleasant, but surely not as bad as having to drink a real potion.

...Guilty trip. Lovino had no way of knowing that, but he managed to use the one thing that could get him to make a potion when it wasn't for an exam. He had always been a sucker for guilty trips and the shorter boy seemed to be pretty good at those. Daniel wished he was an uncaring, rude brat sometimes. He hated being so gullible.

With a long, suffering sigh, he pointed his wand at the cauldron and cleaned it out with magic, completely ignoring Lovino's order. He deserved this tiny bit of luxury for what he was about to do. He picked the recipe up and completely ignored the presence of his 'teacher', determined to get this over with as soon as possible. He pointed his wand at the cauldron, muttering a quick 'Aguamenti', filling it up with water once again. This time, however, instead of turning it green and making Lovino stutter cutely again (again, where did this come from?), he made a small fire underneath it. He put in two drops of leech juice before it could start simmering, just as the recipe instructed.

He huffed at the older student, crossing his arms. "I'm doing it, see?" Then turned back to his soon to be potion; he couldn't help but wrinkle his nose at that. The things he did for the happiness of his friends...
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Lovino sighed, shaking his head. "It shouldn't be just about passing the exam, it should be about the experiences you have while taking the class." God that was cheesy. But honestly, Lovino really did believe that. School was never just about learning - it was also about the experiences you have with other people. If school was just about learning, there would never be any interaction between students ever. Shaking those thoughts out of his head, Lovino stared in shock as Daniel deliberately went against what he had said and used magic on the cauldron.

He growled and prepared himself to yell at the other teenager, pausing when Daniel started working on the potion. Lovino stared, slowly tilting his head in confusion. He had already resigned himself to just telling Professor Kirkland that he was unable to teach Daniel, and now the Gryffindor had managed to confuse him completely. "What...?" He blinked, trying to understand Daniel.

Shaking his head, Lovino just gave up on that and simply watched the fifth year make the potion. It was actually kind of interesting to watch, since Daniel had such a different style than Lovino when it came to potion making. With Lovino everything was done with careful precision, while Daniel barely paid attention to the potion as he put ingredients in to it.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:04 am

He threw in three Moondew petals, stirring the potion with a look of someone being tortured on his face. Oh wait, he was supposed to put in only two...Hmm, whatever. It's not like it would do a lot of harm, right?

Oops, he was supposed to stir it only for a minute, not two. He groaned slightly when he looked over the recipe. It wasn't his fault he always got distracted during making a potion! His thoughts were simply more interesting than watching a liquid change colours or simmer or whatever potions did. He sure hoped he wouldn't blow up the potion; it happened one too many times at home. Needless to say, his father wasn't very happy with him.

"You know, my Dad teaches Potions." He had no idea why he told Lovino; it's not like he cared. He was sure the Slytherin would find his hatred even stranger now. Why would a person hate Potions when his own father taught it?

He read the recipe over again, not really expecting an answer. Still, the silence was making it much harder to resist doing something bad to the innocent cauldron.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:02 am

Lovino tried not to laugh at the look on Daniel's face. The Gryffindor was only doing this for him after all and it would be rude to laugh. But seeing him look so tortured over something so simple was amusing. The mistakes he was making were less amusing though; Lovino couldn't help but worry. While he knew that - so far - the potion was in danger of blowing up, seeing someone make such careless mistakes was just terrible.

He blinked. "Does he? Any specific kind? Who did he get his mastery from?" Of course those were the best kinds of questions to ask, when dealing with something like this. To be honest, Daniel's hatred made a bit more sense now. Very few people want to follow in the path of their fathers, and those that do that do it because they themselves have a strong love for the subject and such.

Though he was sure that Daniel thought hating potions while his dad taught potions was a terrible thing. Not that he cared, what Daniel thought about this. "My father was a Defense master, training the local aurors." Because why not share? Daniel had, for some unknown reason, so Lovino would oblige and go along with it.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:31 am

He turned away from his disgusting muddy brown potion, blinking at Lovino's questions. He was actually interested? And what was with those questions? He thought for a moment, wondering if his Dad had ever told him anything about his work. He might have; Daniel most probably didn't listen to a word.

"Erm...yeah, he does. And, umm, no, I don't think so. He just teaches stuff like Professor Kirkland. Or so I think. I never really listened. I think he got his mastery from that old, retired professor, Mr. Szentgyörgyi. You might have heard of him, he's pretty well-known." He knew his father was the old professor's apprentice, but did that mean he got his mastery from him? Daniel had no idea.

He turned back to the now yellow potion, how on Earth did it change colours so fast?!, only to snap his head up at Lovino's words. "H-he was?! Oh my God, that's so cool! And he even trained aurors?!" Oh dear God, if only his father was like that! They would never argue! He grabbed the Slytherin's hands, staring into his eyes pleadingly. "You gotta introduce me to your Dad one day!"

Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

Lovino wrinkled his nose at the potion, tempted to just get rid of it. At this point it definitely wasn't anything close to what it was meant to be, and he really didn't want to test that on anything - who knew what would happen. But he had promised Guinevere that he would use one of the lab rats to see how close Daniel was to getting the potion right. Unfortunately.

Snorting, Lovino shook his head sadly at Daniel. At least he had an excuse to have not listened to his father talking about his job. "I have heard of him, yes. He's definitely very well known." As he should be, with his work in potion development and the advancements that he had made during his career - what aspiring potion maker hadn't heard about him? Lovino would be off to a rough start if he didn't know who Szentgyörgyi was. Though at least he knew how to pronounce the name now.

He jumped a little at how excited Daniel just became, backing up a little at the look in the teen's eyes. God he was fucking scary and oh god Lovino was being touched. Shuddering, he pulled his hands away from the Hungarian and rubbed them off on his pants, shuddering again. He hated being touched unexpectedly like that, it was just terrible. "Yes yes and no, I don't have to introduce you to him." He also couldn't, but Daniel would find that out eventually.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 am

...That was just plain rude. He raised an eyebrow at the Italian, wondering why he felt the need to wipe his hands after they were grabbed by Daniel. He didn't touch anything disgusting. Well, anything disgusting by Lovino's standards; every potion ingredient was pretty revolting to him. Daniel shrugged it off; maybe he just didn't like being touched by people. "True, technically, you don't have to. It's just a figure of speech. You have a very cool Dad." He wished his Dad could have been a Defense Master. Or at least didn't hate his hobby that much.

He turned back to the now boiling potion, blinking, and turning the fire down. Was it supposed to do that? He didn't think so. A look into the recipe confirmed that no, it wasn't supposed to do anything like that. He should have turned the fire down when the potion was a light purple. Wait...it had never once been light purple. He scratched his head. For some reason he had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't supposed to turn out like this.

"Hey, Lovino? Can this thing blow up?" That would be so funny. No, no, bad Dani, that would be horrible. Still, he couldn't help the small smirk appearing on his face. Explosions were fun. Not that he liked blowing up things! He was just used to spells exploding on him, so it would be nice to have some familiarity. Yes, that was a nice, suitable explanation.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Lovino flushed and crossed his arms, scowling at the wall on his left to avoid looking at Daniel. So that might have been a little rude, so what? Daniel was the one who had invaded his personal space and started touching him. And he totally wasn't embarrassed by or ashamed of his behavior - the awkward shifting was just him trying to adjust a few weird feeling places on his body. "Technically nothing. And yeah, I did." He shouldn't dwell on it. Dwelling on it was stupid and useless - after all, there was nothing he could do to change what had happened.

He looked back at Daniel and the potion. And then stared. Because whatever was in that cauldron, it sure as hell wasn't the potion Daniel was supposed to be making. Lovino wasn't quite sure what the fuck it was. "What the hell did you do to the damn thing?" He demanded, pinning a fierce glare on Daniel.

The little smirk on Daniel's face did nothing to help his anger. "It's not supposed to, but given the monstrosity you created I wouldn't be surprised if it did." He growled a little bit and turned to the potion ingredients rack, looking it over for the neutralizing element fit for this potion. Adding that would stop there from being any kind of explosion - Professor Kirkland would not be pleased if they ended up destroying this room.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:05 pm

Did? Was his Dad...? He looked at Lovino questioningly but decided to let it go. If his Dad was...yeah, he probably didn't want to talk about it. It was best not to rip old cuts open.

He laughed sheepishly. "I...almost followed the recipe?" Except for the stirring, the heat, and the amount of ingredients. But those were just small things, right? Nothing life-threatening. Oh, and he might have accidentally put in one thing he wasn't supposed to; it wasn't his fault those stupid vials looked so much alike! He was sure the Slytherin didn't think so. His glare wasn't exactly a happy one.

Daniel had a sneaking suspicion that he managed to piss the shorter male off. "It can't be THAT bad, can it?" Wow, if it actually blew up, he would live up to his reputation here as well. No wonder no one wanted to be his partner back in Hungary. Most people valued their lives to a certain extent.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:03 pm

He just growled in response to Daniel's answer, scowling more fiercely and wanting to stab him. And it was never a good thing when Lovino was feeling stabby. He was trying to find the neutralizer quickly; leaving the potion to boil for too long and it would explode - anything would if you put it on the heat for long periods of time. "I just don't get how you were unable to follow such a simple potions recipe. A third year could have done better than you." Well. Certain third years. Others were even worse than Daniel.

Finding the thing he was looking for, Lovino turned around and glared more. Daniel deserved every dirty look the Italian was capable of giving. "Yes, yes it is that bad. It's so far from the original potion that I wouldn't be surprised if you had just created a new potion out of stupidity." Lovino wondered how Professor Kirkland was going to take this. Shaking his head, he put some of the neutralizer into Daniel's potion and watched it calm down immediately. Turning off the heat, he crossed his arms.

"I'm going to suggest to Professor Kirkland that you be given essays to complete in class about the potions, rather than actually have you attempt to make the potions. It would be safer for everyone involved." He glared, daring Daniel to protest this.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 pm

That comment actually hurt his pride. It wasn't exactly hard to surpass him when he wasn't trying! He couldn't concentrate on potions unless his life or grades depended on it. "I can't pay attention to it without getting pissed for no reason." And it wasn't pretty when he was pissed. Daniel rarely got truly angry but when he did, he had a slight tendency of cursing and punching, whichever seemed more fitting.

"Creating a new potion isn't a bad thing. Unless it's some potion that causes pain or something; then I wouldn't be too happy with myself." He frowned then shrugged. "It's not like anyone would be stupid enough to taste my potion." ...He kind of hoped Lovino wouldn't force him to drink it. He knew he would deserve it, but he actually quite liked living.

He wrinkled his nose. Essays, yay. More time spent on this stupid class. He blinked at the Slytherin, wondering why he was looking so murderous. "Maybe you're right." Which meant he wouldn't have to pay attention to class anymore! He could just write the essay using the book or something! Essays sounded much better now.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Lovino tapped his foot and frowned harshly. "I should make you taste this and see what happens." Despite his words, Lovino pulled out his wand and banished the potion, dumping it into the wherever banished things go. He wasn't entirely sure where - nor did he actually care about where. Just so long as it was gone, he was happy.

He glared more, crossing his arms. "Don't worry, the essays will go quickly and eventually you'll be a master a writing essays. It'll be good for you." Lovino will ask Professor Kirkland if he could grade them. Because Lovino was desperate to rip something apart, and it may as well be Daniel's essays instead of Daniel himself.

Glancing at the clock, Lovino gestured at the cauldron and the potion ingredients. "You'll need to clean all of this up now." He paused and took a deep breath, frowning at Daniel. "I know that you don't have to - as I mentioned earlier - but I would like it if you helped me get in touch with your father." And... Lovino would get copies of his father's notes or something. He didn't know what. He would figure it out eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]   I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Want to Do This Even Less Than You Do, So Suck it Up [Daniel]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next