Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Winter Wonderland [Daniel]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Empty
PostSubject: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Elizabeta tilted her head back to take in all of the slate gray sky and the snowflakes gently coming down, her mouth covered by the thick green scarf that her father had given her the Christmas before she had come to Hogwarts. She was not very fond of hats, though she found herself wishing she had one as the snow started to settle in her hair. The Hungarian shivered minutely, but she ignored it as she stepped out further, the firm blanket of white crunching beneath her feet.

It was a free day, and since she had caught up completely with her homework, Elizabeta had decided on a whim to just go outside and take a walk through the grounds. Since it had snowed the night before, the temptation to build a snowman or a snow fort was increasing. The fact that she was sixteen and considered too old for this sort of thing suddenly didn’t matter to her; she wanted to have fun. She had plenty of fond memories of playing in the snow.

With a laugh, the fifth year immediately set to work on the base of her fort and patted the dense snow into place, waiting to see if anyone came by so she could convince them to join her.

Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Snow. There were few things Daniel loved as much as snow. It was fluffy and fun. What more did one need? The moment he saw that there was a thick layer of snow coating the ground, he threw his quill away and ran outside, forgetting his coat at first. He grumbled quietly and went back all the way to the Gryffindor tower for his thicker coat.

He ran outside and launched himself in the snow, laughing happily. He didn't care playing in the snow was childish, this was too much fun to pass up! Sure, it was cold and wet but it was soft and cool and great and everything else!

He was just about to make a snow angel when he heard a feminine laugh mix with his own. Daniel sat up quickly. Was someone else outside? Did they like snow? Would they build a snowman with him? He stood up to his full height, looking around for the source of the giggling. Oh, there she was.

Daniel walked over to the girl, noticing that she had long, brown hair, the same brown as his own was. By the looks of things, she was probably building a snow fort. "Hi! Do you mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Elizabeta hummed softly to herself as she worked on thickening the width of the base, entirely focused on her task. She had forgotten how fun and relaxing it was to just play in the snow, often finding herself too busy with other tasks to take the time to just go outside. There was a small smile playing on her lips as her fort began to take shape, even if it was only the first level – it was still coming along nicely, if she said so herself.

Remembering that she didn’t have gloves, the fifth year paused for a moment to rub her hands together, her skin chilled already. Were they still in her school robes, all the way back in her dorm? Elizabeta made a face at the thought of trudging through the castle, dipping a hand into the pocket of her coat to search as she patted down her progress of the fort.

She almost fell over at the sound of a male voice, having not even heard someone walking over the snow, and turned around to face the speaker. “That would be great! You’re the first person I’ve seen all day!” Elizabeta grinned, and was about to continue when she got a good look at his face. Shock and surprise filled her as she saw the similarities between them – auburn-brown hair, emerald eyes, facial structure. Their only differences were that he was taller than her, and she wasn’t male.

Her mouth opened, as if to say something else, but there were no words that came out of it. Elizabeta felt frozen all of a sudden, heart pounding in her chest as she wondered who this boy was. How had she not seen him before? Why on earth did they look the same?

“Do…,” she began weakly, “do I know you?”
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 am

He scoffed. "I know, it's weird. Do people not like snow or something? So strange." They were lucky they even had snow. That wasn't to say his home didn't have any, no, the mountains in Hungary always had snow for a few weeks as well. But as far as he knew, snow wasn't exactly common in England; it was more of a rainy place. So the English students should be happy about the snow, right?

He was just opening his mouth to compliment her fort when she turned around. His words were soon forgotten as he stared at the girl. The exact same face shape, their eyes, not even a shade different, they even had their fringes styled the same way!

Daniel was sure he would look just like that girl if he were a female. A weird thought, but true. Their only difference seemed to be their height and their gender. Why were they so much alike? They could almost pass as twins if they tried. How come he never noticed her? Was she a native student? Or a foreign exchange student like himself?

He coughed lightly, his throat feeling dry all of a sudden. "I-I don't think so." He offered her a weak smile. "Daniel... My name is Héderváry Daniel."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Elizabeta couldn’t help but just stare right back at the boy. She felt dizzy all of a sudden, as if the knowledge that someone else who looked exactly like her (was he part of the family that she had never known?) was too much. It was almost too much. Her legs wobbled and she nearly lost her footing, but she managed to stand there and face him.

The question of his identity was bothering her, but before she could demand an answer he told her his name. Elizabeta drew in a sharp breath, her heart picking up in tempo against her chest – and before she realized what she was doing, she was walking straight up to the boy without hesitation in order to stare into his face.

At this closer angle, she could see just how alike they were. It was so strange, but somehow…familiar. She didn’t understand. She could feel a sort of connection between them, as though they were much closer than random strangers. Her eyes traveled over his facial features, taking everything in, before she finally spoke again.

“You said… Héderváry…yes? You’re not lying?” Elizabeta’s voice was soft, but earnest, seeking out a positive response. “Elizabeta. I’m Elizabeta Héderváry. Are you sure we don’t know each other? Who are your parents? Do you have any siblings?” She sounded almost desperate at this point, wanting badly to know if he was part of her family.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 pm

She was staring like he was a ghost of some sort. No, not even a ghost; some kind of mythical beast that not even wizards thought existed. And he couldn't really blame her.

Daniel was tempted to take a hesitant step back when the strange girl came closer to him, but he controlled himself. Their resemblance was almost too much from this close. Their face...their hair and eye color, everything. If Daniel was shorter and grew out his hair a bit more, he could probably pass for this girl.

"N-no...why would I lie about my name?"
Why was she asking such strange things? And the he gaped. "Héderváry? Your name is Héderváry too?" What was going on? His name wasn't exactly a common one as far as he knew. "I-I don't know, I don't think I have ever seen you! I would remember!"

Family. Ouch, that was a bit of a touchy topic. But could she be...? "I don't know my blood parents and I have no idea if I have any siblings. Your parents...what are their names?" Could it possibly be? Was there a chance, however slim it might have been?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 am

Elizabeta searched his face when he answered her, pursing her lips for a brief moment before giving Daniel a helpless sort of smile. She was as lost as he was, but there was something between them that made her think that there was some sort of connection there. The girl didn’t dare to think that they could possibly be…family.

Could they?

“We’re both a Héderváry, it seems,” she said, tilting her head up at him curiously. “It’s so strange…I feel like…I should know you already…but I can’t remember seeing you before.” Elizabeta was at a loss completely, but that didn’t stop her from looking surprised at his response. Their similarities seemed never ending.

“I don’t know who my biological parents are either, I’m afraid.” Elizabeta’s face softened, her green eyes solemn now. “I’ve always dreamed of finding them.” Without a thought as to why, she suddenly reached out and intertwined their fingers together, as if she needed someone to hold onto at that moment. “I never thought I’d find someone in the same situation as me.”

She took a moment to notice that their hands fit exactly together, and loosened her fingers in case Daniel wanted to pull away from her. She wouldn’t blame him if he did; it was rather odd for strangers to hold hands. “My parents? My adopted parents…their names are Ákos and Panni Czakó…they said they found me in the forest outside their home.” Elizabeta paused, lifting her eyes back towards his. “What about you?”
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:55 am

He was sort of glad that the girl appeared just as lost as he felt. They were both Héderváry, neither knew their biological parents...was it possible? Dared he hope that he might have actually found someone he was related to? Someone to prove that he actually came from somewhere, that he didn't just appear out of nowhere like a changeling?

The contact of their hands was strange at first but, somehow, it felt right. It didn't feel like two strangers holding hands; no, it was more...comforting? Familiar?

He squeezed her hand gently, having no intention of pushing her away. "Ilona and Ferenc Tóthvárady. They are my adopted parents." Daniel gave her a slight, baffled smile. "I was found in the forest too. By the school."

He looked into the eyes oh so familiar to his own seriously. "When were you born?" He couldn't be sure of his date of birth, but the Divination professor back home said that it was probably around the 20 August from what he could see. But he was sure of his age and Elizabeta didn't look any older or younger than him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland [Daniel]   Winter Wonderland [Daniel] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Wonderland [Daniel]
Page 1 of 1