Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Former South Italy
Admin

This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Empty
PostSubject: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Lovino disliked being underneath other people. He found that it gave them too much control over him. So discovering Slytherin was all about control automatically sent Lovino into a small fit of rage. Especially since some of the younger members of the house seemed to think they could control Lovino.

Normally he would immediately fight against them, but he had to spend the next two years in this school and he didn't want to cause too much trouble for himself. At the same time, he wasn't going to give any child control over him, not by a long shot.

He did have a few options, the one that appealed to him the most being simply to take over Slytherin house and be in charge of it. But that had too many holes in it to be workable. It left him too vulnerable, to open to attack, and Lovino would drive himself insane by way of paranoia. Unless he found someone else to help him, but he didn't trust most people enough for that.

Scowling faintly, he looked over the common room in hopes of finding some source of inspiration. Or entertainment.

Last edited by Lovino Vargas on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:11 pm

"This is terrible entertainment, you know." Arthur was lying on the couch, on his belly with his chin cupped in his hands. Opposite to him was Winston, his lovely cat who looked rather unhappy at the moment. But that was nothing new. While there were other people in the common room at the moment, the words Arthur spoke were directed to this cat of his, with whom he was currently engaged in a fierce staring contest. Winston was winning.

This wasn't something he would do often. Staring at one's cat tended to make them look ridiculous, but Arthur was bored enough to do so anyway, never mind what someone else might think. Even so, he was still quite bored. Wasn't there something else for him to do right now? With a sigh, he pushed himself up into a sitting position, pulling Winston onto his lap. The grumpy cat yowled as he was lifted, but curled up on Arthur's lap anyway.

Taking a look around the common room, he eyed the other students that were there as well. Some of the younger students had learned to avoid Arthur, as he was nothing but mean to them. Always bossy, snapping whether it was necessary or not. It was good fun, actually. It was a treat to see the younger ones put in their place. Some of them seemed to get it in their minds that they were better than everyone else. They had no respect for their elders, whatsoever. Arthur may be cruel to to those below him, but he would never disrespect a student older than him.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Lovino found himself agreeing with the bushy-eyebrowed student, watching the staring contest taking place between the kid and what the Italian assumed was the kid's cat. Though it would be more amusing if the kid had stolen someone else's cat for this sad little contest of his. Especially since the cat looked unhappy, almost as if he was going to claw out someone's eyes soon. Lovino resolved to be nowhere near the damn thing when it happened.

He looked away as the other student sat up, not wanting to get caught staring at him. Lovino recognized him - had no clue what his name was, but recognizd him none the less. People talked, even when they didn't know who else was in the room or who might be listening to them. The younger students would complain about the rude and antagonizing attitude the kid had towards them, while the older one's would speak kindly of the kid's respectful habits.

Two very different opinions, and yet Lovino knew they both fit. Which made this kid a perfect partner really as he thought about it. Lovino was older, so the kid would have to respect him, and he could use the kid's prickly attitude towards the younger ones to get them to fall in line and keep from harrassing him. Them, he supposed. But how to get the kid to agree with his plan was the issue now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Really, could he be any more bored? People watching in the common room wasn't very exciting at all. He supposed he could go back to staring at Winston, but that was also boring. He let out an audible sigh. Wasn't there anything to do? If Arthur had any people skills, he would consider starting a conversation with someone, anyone, but he wouldn't even know what to talk about.

So, Arthur considered taking a nap on the couch. How bad of an idea would that be...? He was sure something unpleasant would be done to him in his sleep, making it a very bad idea. Napping was out. Well, what else could he do? He could wander, but he doubted that would prove entertaining. Maybe he should just sit there and hope that he might be approached by someone, however unlikely that was....
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Lovino took a deep breath and nodded to himself. He would just have to approach the kid and hope that he either agreed to help, or agreed not to tell anyone what Lovino was planning on doing if he didn’t want to help take over the house. It wasn’t the best plan in the world, but it was a plan and didn’t involve anything to complex. The simplest solution was often the best one.

He got to his feet and went over to the other student, holding out his hand. He made sure to look like the only reason he was coming over here was to relieve both of their states of boredom, not wanting to alert him to any possible plans. While yes, he was ultimately going to reveal everything to the kid, he didn’t want to tip him off too soon. That would be boring. “I’m Lovino Vargas. And you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

To his surprise, Arthur was approached. Honestly, he had not expected that. Either this person was just bored enough to talk to him, or he wanted something from him. While he suspected the latter, he hoped that wasn't true. He didn't want to do a favor for someone. Perhaps if he, too, was getting something out of it, then he wouldn't mind. He supposed he'd find out soon enough.

"Arthur Kirkland. Pleasure to meet you." he said, taking the other boy's hand and shaking it. By face, Arthur knew those in his house as being either older or younger students. Lovino, he knew, was older, meaning he couldn't say 'no' if he was asked to do a favor. Unless it was something really terrible, of course. Somehow he doubted that was the case here.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Lovino briefly wondered if he should really get this kid involved, since out of the two of them Arthur was the one more likely to get hurt. After all, Arthur would be doing the dirty work while Lovino just sat back and enjoyed the benefits of his hard work. Then again, Arthur was a Slytherin; if he didn’t know how to protect himself Lovino wasn’t about to teach him now. He would just have to learn for himself as things happened.

So, Kirkland, how well do you get along with the rest of the people here in Slytherin?” He asked, sitting down and casting a mild privacy spell as he did so. It was the only one he knew that wasn’t illegal, even if it didn’t work all that wonderfully. It was good enough for now.

He also made sure to watch out for Kirkland’s cat, avoiding going anywhere near it. Just like he had heard rumors of the boy himself, he had heard rumors about the demonic cat that scratched everyone that went near it. And he had been there when that one first year decided to pet the thing; the poor kid still had scars on his arms and face from that. Lovino did not want to look like that kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 pm

"Hm? Not very well, I suppose." At least, he didn't have many friends in Slytherin. Or in any of the other houses. A bit saddening, but at least he had Winston. He wasn't completely alone. Unconsciously, he started to pet the grumpy cat on his lap, never noticing that Winston seemed to be glaring at his current company. The way his tail kept lashing was a bit annoying, however.

Derailing his thoughts from Winston, Arthur gave Lovino a curious look. "Why do you care how well I get along with people?" It seemed to be an odd way to start a conversation. Really, who even asks something like that? Especially when they've only just introduced themselves. Then again, why did Arthur know about starting conversations? He hardly ever had civil conversations with others....
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Lovino watched Arthur pet his demon cat, glaring right back at the stupid thing. He was definitely going to have to watch out for the beast. Moving away, he raised an eyebrow at Arthur’s question and shrugged. “It would be harder to get your help if you liked them.” He said, deciding to be truthful for the moment. He did want Arthur to help of his own free will, but he wasn’t above blackmailing him if he had to. It was ridiculously easy to make things up now a days.

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, the people here in Slytherin are complete and total bastards to anyone they don’t like. Which, sadly, is almost everyone. So my plan was to slowly take over the house. After all, they obviously need some sort of leadership and why shouldn’t we provide that?” He explained, trying to sound professional and not as if he was doing this just for himself. He was, but Arthur didn’t need to know that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:05 am

Arthur noticed when Lovino moved away and he raised a brow. He wondered why the other boy did that, still unaware of his cat's glare. He didn't have much time to ponder the reason, however. "You want my help?" So he had been right before. It was just another person who wanted a favor. Scowling, he leaned back against the couch, focusing his eyes on Winston. It was now that he noticed the glare, but he paid no mind.

"They are total bastards. But somehow I doubt you and I are any different. I doubt they'll even listen to us if we attempt to take over.... Wait, why do you want me for this? Surely there is someone else who would be better suited?" he asked. The idea of a take over did sound somewhat appealing, however Arthur really doubted they could make a difference. He supposed it wouldn't hurt to try.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 pm

And of course Kirkland wouldn't notice how his cat was glaring death at Lovino. Owners were blind to the faults of their pets - just like parents with their kids. Shrugging, he leaned back against the couch, putting more space between himself and the cat. "Your help would be nice, and more people are always welcome so long as they have intelligence, but I could always find someone else." Not really. But he could try.

"Of course they won't listen to us, they're stubborn morons. That's why it's supposed to be slowly done over the time we're here." Or, rather, while Lovino is here. Arthur didn't seem like he was part of the exchange program. Which made him an even better choice, because he would keep things moving after Lovino left. "Because you seem like the better choice than most of these idiots. Of course, if you don't want to, I'll leave you alone about it." Though he might have to get rid this memory out of Arthur's head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:00 am

"And you think that will really work?" Arthur snorted. He was still quite sure that this wouldn't go right at all. The others may have been idiots, but not enough to simply let two students take over and run them. "I think this is a terrible idea, honestly." he meant what he said. He thought it was foolish of Lovino to come up with the idea. But, he thought himself even more foolish for considering going along with it. "If you are completely sure that this will work without causing me any trouble, I'll help you. The moment something goes wrong, however, expect me to back out." There was no point in pretending he wouldn't.

[ I'm sorry it's so short. ;~; ]
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Actually… no, I don’t. But it’s worth a try and if it doesn’t work we don’t really lose anything.” At least, Lovino wouldn’t. After all, he was only going to be here a year and then he would be able to leave and be none worse off than before. He doubted many of the people here would ever leave Britain, let alone travel to Italy, so he felt relatively comfortable in his position. “Thank you for your kind words.” He rolled his eyes. “There won’t be any trouble for you, don’t worry. And yeah, I know.” That was probably a lie he just told, and he would abandon ship before Arthur would think to do so, so the Italian thought this entire deal worked well with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Arthur shook his head, still feeling rather uncomfortable with the whole idea. "If it doesn't work, we will have wasted our time." That was enough of something to lose to make Arthur unhappy. Plus, he was still very sure that this would only cause trouble for him. Arthur suspected that if things ended badly, he would be the one stuck with the mess. There was just something about Lovino that made him feel that way.

"Somehow I don't believe you. If everything backfires, how do I know you won't abandon me to deal with a large group of angry Slytherins?" he said, throwing an accusing glare at Lovino. He wondered if he was wrong in his line of thinking, but at the same time he would rather not take the chance. Shaking his head yet again, he said, "I don't think I can help you."

[ Again, sorry it's short. owo;; ]
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Sighing, Lovino stood up and crossed his arms. "Well then, this was a waste of time." He frowned at Arthur, disappointed that his plan hadn't work. True, it probably wouldn't have worked in the long run anyway, but he had hoped for some one to plan this thing out with while they were running towards their doom.

He shook his head and started walking off, waving at Arthur over his shoulder. "I suppose I'll see you some other time then Kirkland." He rolled his eyes, already deciding that it was highly unlikely that he was going to do that. They weren't in the same year, so their level of interaction was pretty much nothing. This small little meeting would probably be their last time talking to each other.

(( See? All done now. I'll stop bothering you for replies. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]   This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Isn't a Takeover; It's a Change of Management [Arthur & Lovino][Closed]
Page 1 of 1