Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Empty
PostSubject: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Character's name: Margherita Bella Vargas

Country of origin: North Italy

Year: Third

House: Gryffindor

Personality:
Margherita is an energetic young girl with vigor and excitement to spare. Small things like going to the grocery store can get her worked up. However, she is extremely loud and is viewed as obnoxious and annoying by most people. Because of this, she can be misunderstood. However, she is headstrong and confident in herself. She has the tendency to take things a little too seriously at times, and being a bit of a drama queen. Add a few mood swings and you have an explosive little lady!

Her personality can best be described as 'fun'. No matter what she's doing, she can (and must) find a way to make it a game. Homework? Between answering questions, you have a balance a pen on your nose and keep it there until you have the answer! She never fails in having a good time. Her face is usually covered with a huge smile. Confidence, pretty, and outgoing, she seems to be your stereotypical Italian girl in a lot of ways.

She is truly an intelligent girl, she just has a really hard time showing it. She would much rather do, well, pretty much anything instead of school work. This labels her as lazy, though she is far from it. She just doesn't like working, seeing it as a waste of a very short life. When it comes to things she's interested in, like soccer or flying, you can find her practicing for hours. She has very wacked-up priorities.

She is a huge flirt. For the time being, she is 100% straight and a total romantic gush. She loves being dominant in flirting and those awesome first dates, but she hasn't lost her first kiss, boyfriend virginity, and virginity in general. Flirting is a fun hobby for her, but she's come to terms with the fact that people just don't want that with a 13 year old girl.

She is strong. Carrying milk jugs across town from the day you could walk doesn't leave you with spaghetti arms! She isn't extremely strong, but stronger than most people her age. She has more physical ability than magical ability, but she hopes to improve both at Hogwarts.

She has high self esteem. In other words, she thinks that she's the hottest thing since canned bread - and everyone should know. Some people can find her obnoxious, but she's either oblivious to it or tries to ignore it. Insults do hurt her feelings. She's a human being, you know!

An extroverted, cheerful girl that's used to getting tips with a headstrong attitude and a big head is the best way to summarize this.

Appearance:
Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Tumblr_lsr33hQzYt1qehkl8o1_500

Half-Blood

Strengths!
-Super Strong
-Quick Learner

Weaknesses!
-Horrible Memory
-Does Things at the Inappropriate Times
-Hot-Headed
-Too Loud for Most People
-A Bit Ditzy

Likes!
-Magical Candy
-Striking up Conversations
-Nature
-Bikes
-Art
-Soccer
-Handsome Men

Dislikes!
-Fights
-Homework
-Discipline
-Stuffy People
-The Color Grey

Quirks!
-Margherita loves baby food. It’s been a thing of hers ever since she was very young.
-Margherita sometimes eats pasta with her hands. She thinks it’s fun!
-Margherita is an awesome whistler.

Your Character's backstory:
Margherita was born in Bra, Italy to a pure-blood father and muggle mother. While her father was a well-known man coming from a famous family, he had cut the line with all of his relatives and moved from Rome to Bra, intent on marrying a muggle and studying more about their lifestyle. Because of this, her father was always a little distant from their child, wanting to focus more on his wife, the love of his life, than the baby that had sprouted up because of it. Her mother was a stay-at-home mother while her father wrote books on Italy and muggles. She got plenty of attention from her dear mother, whom she hogged to herself during her first two years of life. She was a loud child, constantly crying for attention and love from whoever happened to be nearby. She loved baby food so much, she continued to eat it after she grew working teeth. Since it’s so sugary, her mother soon banned it from the house and made her fruit and vegetables, only bringing it back when she was well-behaved and deserved a treat. She also had an older sister that never liked her very much, but that she loved to bother.

When Margherita was 3, she could walk - and walk she did. She spent her days running around Bra and enjoying the beautiful nature as much as possible. She learned to ride a bike when she was four, and she used it to run errands for her friends and family. From the time she was 4 to 10, you could often see her riding her bike around town, delivering something to someone (or just slacking and enjoying the scenery or wonderful weather).

When she entered school at age 5, she was nearly unrecognizable in the way she acted. Her excited waves or rushed introductions often times got her vicious glares from her peers. She learned to do what she did best - keep quiet and draw in the corner. In a few years' time, she met someone that would drag her out of her awkward isolation, and they had a plastic friendship that both of them could benefit from. She was pushed into a new world of clothes, boys, and nail polish that she was completely unfamiliar with. Cue the stereotypical tomboy makeover! She soon became too uncomfortable and left these people for some more tame girls in her fourth grade class.

11 years old brought her acceptance into an Italian wizarding school by request of her father. Even though she worked to make her family proud, there were some general problems with her behavior - forgetting to go to class, forgetting to do homework, and annoying the devil out of her teachers are just a few. After two years, her teachers suggested a transfer. She was grounded for an entire summer. Now that she's cleaned up her act (she's had a few months to do it), she is determined to do a better job at another school. She received another letter, and she immediately got ready with her usual vigor.

We Just Got A Letter:
Margherita sat on the porch, a bowl of vanilla-almond ice cream to her right. She rocked back and forth, back and forth. It was another lazy summer Sunday evening, with nothing to do and nobody to talk to. She took a large scoop of her favorite dessert and shoved it into her mouth, licking her lips tactlessly. It was just one of those days where she didn’t want to move, but instead just bask in the sun and relax. As the sun set, she stared at the sun and began to feel a little tired. In fact, she was starting to doze off a little -

Plop.

“Hey!”

She rubbed her head, expecting another one of her father’s owls to have left a surprise for her - letter or otherwise. Fortunately, it was a letter, one addressed to her (which didn’t happen very often). She grinned excitedly and hurried inside to show off.

"Anyone inside?" She recalled that her family was out, so she plopped down on the couch and prepared to open it herself. It was apparently from... "What does this say?" She adjusted her old-fashioned glasses.

"The Italian Wizarding School!"

---

Margherita was on her bed in her room, the window wide open to let in any letters she might be receiving. She had an owl now, Tito, with scruffy brown feathers and a hacking cough, that sent out things to her old friends at her old school. She loved the old thing dearly. This is how she had spent most of her days, now that she was grounded; laying on her bed, waiting for a message. She longed for a cookie or an internet connection.

Suddenly, Tito appeared in her windowsill. She whistled for him to come to her, and he dropped the think parcel in her lap. She scratched his head in thanks and whistled again, and he flew off somewhere else.

She nearly had a heart attack when she saw who it was from.

The Sorting:
Margherita stood in line, eagerly anticipating her sorting. Luckily for her, she had plenty of time to think things over as she stood last in line.

That line was now reduced to three people. 2, 1.

"Vargas, Margherita!"

She gulped.

Maybe if she ran, she could make it out of here and go home! Maybe there was a Canary Cream nearby that could change her into a giant canary, so she would get kicked out! But no, that was impossible. She was trapped, right here, right now. There was no way she was getting out of this. She had a nasty habit of making mountains out of mole hills. She held onto the ramp up the stairs and sat down, feeling the cool material of the hat collide with her head. She sighed; this wasn't as bad as she had expected it to be!

...silence. The hat didn't say anything. "Um...?"

Oh, yes! Sorry about that! Let's see... excitable... fun... hard worker... strong and brave... how about Gryffindor?

She figured the talking hat knew what it was talking about, so she went with it and nodded.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

A few claps burst through the room as she jogged to a seat with the other Gryffindors. She stared at the food and drooled, waiting for the feast to begin without paying attention to much else.

ABOUT ME:
Name: Ruthie, Ruth, Cupcake Ninja Monster Thing
Timezone/Country: GTC-6:00/USA BABY
Tell us a little about yourself. At Hetalia Rate, I'm apparently a shoe-in for North Italy. I love music, cake, and making new friends~ I hate it when people fight, so I get a little bit nervous (okay scratch that, really nervous) about starting one or making people mad at me. I can't wait to meet all of you if I get accepted!
Anything else? Navy blue. Also, if it’s okay with you, I’d like to update her appearance as time goes on (if I get accepted, that is). Is that okay?

Last edited by Margherita Vargas on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:36 pm

-nottheoneinchargeofacceptingpeople-

This is an adorable application hunny! I love Alice, she's so cute. Just one little thing: riding a bike at three sounds really early. A tricycle at three is plausible, but not so much a bike. If you could possibly fix that one little detail.

-just wanted to tell you how cute I found this application to be-
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

PostSubject: Re: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Aww, thank you! Sorry, I'll fix it. I never learned to ride a bike so my education on that is low~
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:58 am

Yes, it is pretty adorable ;w; Now my two little points:

a) Alice doesn't sound very Italian. Either justify it or change it please~
b) Beauxbatons is a French magic school, not Italian.

They're minor though.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Italy

Former Fem!Italy

PostSubject: Re: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:59 am

Okay! I got Alice from Hima, but I don't mind changing both of these things. :)
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:09 pm

-got permission from Aldrich to do this-

You are accepted hun~! Please change your username to that of your character and begin posting as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy   Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Margherita Vargas/Fem!North Italy
Page 1 of 1