Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Francis Bonnefoy Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former France

Francis Bonnefoy Application Empty
PostSubject: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Character's name: Francis Bonnefoy
Country of origin: France, pay de l'amour~♥
Year: Sixth year
House: Slytherin

Personality:
Francis can be described as a charming person. He is someone that is hard to miss, he stands out in a crowd. He has a quite flamboyant appearance. He cares a lot about his looks. it takes him an hour to get ready for school. Sometimes he doesn't shave for days, to get some stubble. He thinks of his stubble chin as manly, this is because he has a quite feminine face. When he was younger he was often mistaken for a girl and his mother put him in dresses, thinking it was cute. Nowadays, he is always dressed according to the latest fashion, no matter what occasion. Everyday is an oppertunity to look good and leave an impression, non? He is quite annoyed with the school uniforms, so he can't show off. He does manage to look good in them, however.

He is also quite a romanticist. He loves romance and passion. He likes to sweep people of their feet. He would give flowers to just a girl he had just met. This is not only to make said girl happy and more confident but also to give himself an ego boost. So he is quite selfish. He is used to getting his way. He loves attention. He would try anything to get positive attention from anyone.

He's quite a pervert though. He would flirt with anything on legs. He has wandering hands and sometimes is unable to control himself to put it that way.
He doesn't have much shame, and isn't quickly embarassed. Sometimes he can be caught walking around naked. He isn't ashamed of his body and wouldn't mind sharing his beauty with the rest of the world, he doesn't see any harm in it. Arrogance and pride are the words that would follow this up. He thinks pretty high of himself. He knows he is handsome and smart, and he really act that way.

Though, there is another side of Francis. Behind his pride there is a lonely Francis. His relationships doesn't last long and people walk away to quickly. Due this there are times where he doesn't like himself at all. On that moment it is just better to leave him alone in his room. His dream is to find 'the one' and build a family together. He just wants to feel really loved again.

Despite everything, he tries to be nice towards everyone from the start. Moreover he's only nice and kind when he thinks he can gain something from you. If you're wortheless in his eyes he wouldn't mind showing he has no interest in you.
He's quite manipulative, he would always find away to get what he want. He’s pretty smart but doesn’t always use his brains for the right things.

Appearance:
Francis Bonnefoy Application 7436495
Francis has bright blue eyes, which makes him look rather innocent. His straw blonde hair falls just over his shoulders, but is always tied back into a pony tail. His lips are often curled up in a sly smile and his chin is covered in stubbles. He is close to 5’8 feet tall and has a normal body posture, though he is getting more muscles.
When he is not wearing his school uniform, Francis is dressed according to the latest fashion in France.

Muggle-born, Half-blood, or Pureblood? Half-blood

Strengths:
Cooking
Smart
Passion
Romance
Optimistic
Manipulative
Pays a lot attention to detail

Weaknesses
Technology
Easily bored and distracted
Takes his time
Fear of being rejected
Arrogance

Beautiful things
Cooking
Romance
Art and Music
And fashion of course

Dislikes
Being ignored
Being alone
English people
People who do things half-heartedly
People who don’t think before they do something
When something is a mess, especially his hair

[b]Fears

The world turning their back on him, and he would end up all alone in the end.
Losing another beloved one.

Your Character's backstory:
Francis grew up in France with his parents. He comes from a quite wealthy family. The bonnefoy family has a high status in the magic world in France. However, Francis is not the heir. This is all due the love life of his father. His father is a pure-blood who fell in love in with a muggle. You must understand this was quite a taboo in the Bonnefoy family. The entire family existed of purepbloods. But as they say, love can overwin anything, his father went against his parents will and married her.

His father became the shame of the family as soon as they were married and she gave birth to a son: Francis. Francis by default became a half-blood. The disgrace of the family. Francis however is a fan of their loverstory and doesn't hate his parents for it. It's a beautiful story and Francis doesn't get bored of his mother telling it to him when he was still a child. He's also proud to be the son of his parents, because it was true love that created him, to put it like that. He's quite a cheesy romanticist. Besides that he was also proud the be a wizard. He knew he was a wizard pretty early.

His parents love him much. As only child he was spoilt by them and he was adored to the max. He is now used to getting things his way. He is not used to be getting told no to and rejected. He has also devoled a fear to be rejected and declinded. Soon this fear became reality.

At the young age of 9, his mother passed away of an disease. His father's heart shattered in thousands of pieces. He began to take distance from Francis. He didn't hug him anymore, or even look after him properly. He hired a nanny and a cook to play with him and take care of him. He just couldn't stand seeing Francis. He had the eyes and looks of his mother, the woman he loved so dearly.

Soon Francis' father became sick of France. He began to see his beloved wife everywhere. One day, when Francis was around the age of 10, he came home announcing they were moving out. It was really abrupt and Francis couldn't even say goodbye. He was dragged to the country where his father would least have memories of his mother, the country one hated the most as a Frenchman: England. They moved to the capital: London.

There they did just live as rich as they had before. His father started to overwork just to be away from home. Francis was abandoned and became quite lonely. He did made friends and was quite popular and the maids, nanny and cook were great, but he missed a real family. He missed being loved by his father.

At the age of 12 he got a letter from hogwarts and his father pushed him to study there. He has been only going home in summers and even half of the summer he spends at the vacation home in France all alone. His father still refuses to be with him for longer than necesarry.

His boggart takes the form of the corpse of a beloved one. As he is afraid to lose the person he loves the most and ends up all alone and lonely.

Something I forgot to mention: Francis has a pet, Pierre. He got it from his mother for his 8th birthday. It's a white magic dove that will live most of the time close to a hunderded years.

We just got a letter:
Francis stood in the kitchen making a Soufflé. "C'est perfect, Lucas." he exclaimed at the chef cook. He was always happy The perfect Soufflé. He happily put it on the kitchen as he sang. Today was another nice day. Just when he wanted to take out plates something crashed through the openstanding window.

"Mon dieu!" Francis looked with a disgusted face at the bird who had crashed right into his Soufflé. He hang his head and sighed deeply. Now they had to start all over again. He wanted to put the bird back outside, but then noticed it was an owl. Not just any owl, this one had a letter on his pawn. It wasn't his fathers owl, nor Pierre, this owl one was brown and utterly ugly.

Curiously Francis had opened the letter. "Hogwarts?" he mumbled. It was an English school. He had gotten a letter from beaubatons the day before and had already set his mind on going there. He did

His father then walked in to check the mail when he noticed his son was holding a letter from hogwarts. "Ah so it finally arrived, I will arrange your ride." he told Francis. Francis however looked up at his father shocked and with pleading eyes. "But papa, I want to go to Fr-" his father cut him off. "Non, you are going zo zat hogwarts school, end of discussion son." he said and walked out the room. Francis looked dissapointed at the floor. He really wanted to go back to France...

There wasn't any changes possible so in the end Francis tried to remain positive. He was just going to make it the best of it. His father organized a farewell and goodluck party, even though he wasn't there. After a celebration with his friends and family and wishing them goodbye, he got the first train to hogwarts. He smiled, peut-être this wasn't all too bad. Now everyone there could also enjoy ze beauty of Francis.

The sorting:
Francis looked around him as he sat in the great hall. He was curious to what house he would be sorted in. He dashed to the front as his name was called and sat down on the small stool.

His smile dropped when a disgusting old hat was put on his head. He wrinkled his nose. "Flitzy hat." he mumbled to himself. "Flithy?" the hat spoke to him. "You really think I am just an old disgusting hat?" he asked him. Francis eyes widened slightly, could that thing on his head read minds? "Oui, you smell..." Francis replied.

He just wished the hat would hurry up, he wanted to get that thing off and wash his hair. "hmn...you are smart but....arrogant." he mumbled to himself. Francis rolled his eyes. Arrogance wasn't a bad thing. It was about knowing your best qualities non? After a few moment the hat had decided. "Slyterin." it spoke out and Francis hurried to the apointed table.

He scanned his surroundings. The people from slytherin seemed a little more prettier than all the other houses. It seems like he was sorted in the right one. This was going to be a great year.

ABOUT ME:
Name: Frog,or Mathi
Tell us a little about yourself. I'm the former france but I missed this forum so much so I decided to re-join, I re-used only a few things, sorry if that wasn't allowed
Anything else? Violet~

Last edited by usedtobefrannie on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Hummm...the rules have been updated, so I'd like you to go back and re-read them please! Also, add Francis's age to the application.
Back to top Go down
Former France

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Sorry, my bad : 'D lazy silly me.
I hope it is okay now~
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Alright... so that admins were talking and well, our standards have gotten higher than when this forum was first started. So there's a few changes you need to do before we can accept you ^^

First of all, the length. You need to flesh out the character a little bit more, so the history and his personality need more detail please. For example, why was he sent to Hogwarts instead of Beaubatons, which is a perfectly good French school. Especially since the idea of this forum is that they're exchange students.

The history defintely needs to be fleshed out.

Secondly, your grammar and paragraphing needs a bit of work. Now I understand that English isn't your first language so I want to be lenient but as far as I know, basic puncuation and paragraphing rules stay the same in western languages. :'D

Perhaps someone should proofread it?

You didn't have to get the application so early. I would suggest going away and working on it for a little longer, okay pet?

Thank you!

I hope this doesn't sound too mean.
Back to top Go down
Former France

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 am

I fixed it, I hope you're satisfied now.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:26 am

This seems much better to me! Alright, you're accepted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francis Bonnefoy Application
Page 1 of 1