Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Don't I Know You? [Lars]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Don't I Know You? [Lars] Empty
PostSubject: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Elise hurried down the many, many corridors of the castle. In the hallways of Beauxbatons she could navigate without a problem. There she was familiar with the way the castle changes. Here she had to get used to it all over again.

What a time to get lost. The Belgian had a huge essay due tomorrow, and she wasn’t even halfway yet! She desperately needed to find the library. Though at this moment, she was rather regretting even leaving the common room. Hadn’t there been any of her housemates of whom she could’ve borrowed a book on the matter? She hadn’t expected the library to be this hard to find in the first place.

When she rushed around another corner she came to a sudden halt. Or more specifically, she crashed into something and fell down. “Ow...” Elise looked up and saw that she had bumped into a Ravenclaw. “Ah, désolé- I mean, sorry,” She quickly got up and brushed herself off before retrieving the couple of books she’d dropped.

After a second look at the guy, Elise raised an eyebrow. “Hey... don’t I know you?” Yes, maybe that sounded like a really cheap pickup line, but no, it wasn’t meant that way. The feeling she got when looking at the Ravenclaw felt awfully familiar. Elise was sure she recognized this guy from somewhere, she just couldn’t put her finger on it.

Last edited by Elise van Rijn on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Lars had left the Ravenclaw common room to get away from all the noise some of his house mates where making. All he wanted was a nice quite place to study so he decided to head to the library. Gathering up his books he headed out of the Ravenclaw common room and headed down the hallway.

Lost in his own thoughts he did not see the head of blonde as it crashed into him, letting out a grunt and a curse under his breath he looked down at the girl as she dusted herself off. Kneeling down to help her with her books " You should watch where you are going " his accent making him sound more irritated then he actully was.

He stood back up, handing her books back to her he got a good look at her. His eyebrow rose up when she asked him if she knew him, she did remind him of his little sister. But that was impossible there was no way it could be her " I'm not from around here so I doubt it " he scratched at his forehead a habit of his when he was uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Elise took the books from the guy, quietly thanked him and apologized again. He sounded pretty irritated, with a reason. She felt bad for walking into him like that, even though he was a well-built guy and shouldn’t be too hurt. He said he probably didn’t know her, but Elise refused to let the subject go that easily. “Well, I’m not from around here either, so it’s possible that I do know you, non? My name is Elise van Rijn,” She introduced herself with a smile. “Does that ring any kind of bell?”

On one hand, Elise was slightly worried that she just might be creeping out a random student with claims that she knew him, but on the other hand she knew that it couldn’t be just that. Her gut feeling told her that they had met, and who was she to ignore her female instincts? This guy, there just was something about him. The way he moved and acted that seemed too familiar.

The guy momentarily made her forget where she was headed in the first place, though then she remembered her main objective. “Oh, I was looking for the library. You wouldn’t happen to know the way?” She gave him a hopeful look. From what she’d heard, Ravenclaws spent most of their time there, so this guy would most likely be able to help.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:41 am

He ran his free hand through his hair as she apologized and thanked him again, it was rather annoying and was about to tell her so. But then she told him her name, in his suprise he dropped his hand from his hair " Zuster? " He studied her closely and silently agreed that she was indeed his little sister.

He was rather suprised to find his sister in this place, but then again he really shouldn't have been. She wasn't the little girl that use to follow him around anymore " The library? Ja I do" He turned away from her and started to head down the original hallway he had planned on heading down before he was bumped into. " Follow me"

He glanced back at her as he walked, He didn't know what to say to her after such a long time of being apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 am

”Zuster?”

Elise looked up at the guy in surprise. “Lars?” She looked him over, properly this time. Well, at least now she knew why he had looked familiar. How come she hadn’t noticed him during the sorting? Alphabetically ‘Rijn, Lars van’ came right after ‘Rijn, Elise van’, as she doubted there were more exchange students with that last name here. He must’ve been sorted in the moment she was still distracted by her new housemates.

Elise didn’t even know he was selected for this exchange program too. Well, maybe if they had kept up that letter thing she’d known.

The lack of enthusiasm with which he greeted her didn’t fail to catch her attention. His matter of fact way of speaking and just telling her to follow him to the library. Elise wasn’t an expert on how it usually went when siblings who hadn’t seen each other in a long time met each other again, but this certainly wasn’t the way she imagined it’d be. Wasn’t there supposed to be more happiness? A hug or something, or at least a smile?

Did he bear some sort of grudge against her? She followed him around the corner, thinking what she might’ve done wrong. The silence that fell between them was certainly uncomfortable. And awkward silences did not work well with this girl. “Look at you, huh. You actually grew handsome,” She joked, perhaps a bit nervously, as they made their way down the corridor.

Last edited by Elise van Rijn on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:41 pm

“Look at you, huh. You actually grew handsome,”

That made him blush " I could say the same to you too Zuster " turning to look at her as he walked, blush still on his face. " How is Mamma doing? " He never really did talk to his mother after she took Elise with her, nor did he really remember what she looked like.

He thought to himself as they walked, thinking on what he had missed in her life and what she had missed in his. He stopped suddenly as he came to the realization that he had been acting kind of cold and she didn't deserve it. He turned to look at her again " Forgive me Elise, I do not mean to sound so... Cold to you " With that he pulled her into a tight hug, he missed her so much after they had left him and their father.

She felt so much smaller in his arms then he remembered, cracking a small smile " I think you got shorter "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Elise smiled a bit as Lars said that, catching the blush on his face. “She’s doing well, I suppose,” Their mother was still alone, though happy as far as Elise knew. She wrote to her on a regular basis. Now she thought of it, Elise wondered if she should write her that she had met Lars here, since Lars had partly been the reason why Elise went to Beauxbatons instead of the Dutch magic school. She didn’t want to upset her mother. Elise was all she had now, after all.

Not seeing her brother and father for this long, Elise had simply gotten used to it. But now she saw Lars again, she wasn’t sure how to handle the situation. It was strange to come face to face with the full grown version of her older brother all of a sudden. They didn’t grow up together, didn’t share anything, but still there seemed to be a bond between them, awkward as it was. It seemed they had a lot to catch up on.

She herself was also curious to the whereabouts of their father. “How’s papa?” Elise asked, though as Lars halted, she let her voice trail off and looked back at him. Before she knew it, she was pulled into a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around Lars, returning the embrace. “I missed you.”

Elise briefly rested her head against his chest. “You’re just freakishly tall,” She pouted. It was true, she was at least a head shorter than the other, but by no definition was she short. It felt nice like this though. With her big brother watching over her, it felt safe.

Last edited by Elise van Rijn on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:50 pm

" You suppose? "Now he was curious, didn't she know? He assumed that she would be writing to her a lot. Before he had left for Hogwarts his father asked him to write everyday, which he honoured and that reminded him to make sure he mentioned Elise in his next letter. He was sure his father would be happy to hear about her.

" He's doing very well... He misses you very much " Their father always talked about when Lars and Elise were younger, always talking about his children when he had a new girlfriend or just to the neighbours he was always talking about them. When she returned the hug he nodded " I missed you too " Even though he had his father while he was growing up, he still was rather lonely he had been so use to his little sister tugging on his arm begging him to play with her. He had missed that very much after his mother took Elise away with her after the divorce, and again when he had lost contact with her.

He snorted in amusement " Freakishly tall? I'm normal height, you are freakishly short " He felt the over protectiveness that he had when he was younger returning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:18 am

“Ah, she’s a bit lonely, I think. Since I’m away to school most of the time. And... you or dad aren’t around anymore either.” Elise quickly swallowed away some tears as Lars told her that their father missed her. Lars didn’t need to see her cry, she was a big girl now. She had missed her father a lot too though. She wanted to see him again. Perhaps Elise could go home with Lars in a holiday, she thought. Or was that rushing things? Anyway, she’d have to see if her mother agreed first.

At the time of the divorce Elise had been at the age where she asked a lot of questions. ‘Why do we have to go?’, ‘Where are Lars and daddy?’, ‘Why can’t we go visit?’. One day she had taken it to a point where her mother just snapped at her. She didn’t hurt her, but the screaming was enough to make her a lot more cautious whenever mentioning Lars or her father. Little Elise had misinterpreted it as her mother not missing them, though this had just been her way of dealing with things.

Freakishly short? He had to be kidding. “Compared to you anyone would be freakishly short then,” She meant to sound a bit angry, but couldn’t keep the smile out of her voice. He really hadn’t changed that much, even after all that time.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

He nodded " Ah, I see " He could see that she wanted to cry but was holding back so he wouldn't see, " Elise it's ok to cry... Not like I've never seen you cry before " He lightly joked smiling at her, it was just like when they were kids. She being the overly emotional one and him being the more serious one, but he found himself not being able to complain about it. Instead he was content even if she decided to let go and just cry, he was happy.

His father had set him down after his mother and sister had left and had explained that none of it was his fault. He was told that his mother even though she was far away now still loved him, he had accepted that but he still missed his mother and sister terribly.

" I would rather be tall then freakishly short " he chuckled, amusement shining in his eyes. She really didn't change all that much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:39 am

“No, I’m alright,” Elise said. Happy moments weren’t meant for tears. “I can take care of myself now, too,” She might’ve been very dependent on Lars when they were young, but over the years she had certainly matured a bit, and learned out to look out for herself instead of relying on someone else. It’s not like she had that much of a choice, really.

She let go of her brother and resumed walking, because she did have to get to the library to finish that essay. Plus, they were in the middle of the hallway. If someone would see them standing and hugging like that, there might be some nasty rumors that, especially considering they were siblings, were wrong on so many levels. She gave him a small smirk. “Hmm, might be. But now if you get a ‘freakishly short’ girlfriend you’d have to look down all the time,” She teased.

“Anyway, how’ve you been yourself?” They’ve had the ‘how’s mom, how’s dad’ part, but she didn’t even know how her own brother had been holding up.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:40 pm

He silently nodded, she wasn't a little girl anymore " Ja you are right " It saddened him a bit that she had grown up without him, hut there was nothing he could really do. He had missed so much in her life, he was disappointed that she really didn't need him anymore." Depends how cute they are it just might not bother me too much " he smirked at her " What about if you get a 'freakishly tall' boyfriend you would have to look up to see his face " he teased.

After she had let him go he continued to walk, beside her this time. He turned down another hallway and headed down towards large double doors " Me? Hmm... Well nothing has chanced much with me, I still don't like a lot of people..." he looked over at her " What about you? "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Elise giggled. “If someone bullies me you can still beat them up for me though,” Like he did for her when they were young.

“Depends on how cute he is if I mind,” She smiled as she used his own answer against him. And she had seen some pretty cute guys walking around the school. “Though I think I’d have to search pretty hard if I want to find someone who’s taller than you,” She most likely wouldn’t mind looking up a bit though, if she managed to find herself a boyfriend. She liked tall men. Guys should be taller than their girlfriends. It was odd to see a tall girl with a short guy. But oh well, as long as they were happy.

Elise lightly shook her head as Lars told her about himself. He had never been that good with people, even when they were kids. She had thought that maybe he’d grown over that, but apparently not. Elise had always been the more social one of the two. “Well, up until this exchange student thing I went to Beauxbatons. Oh, and I became a pretty good cook, if I do say so myself,” There was always room for improvement though, and Elise was still working hard on that. She made sure to practice as much as she could, so she could go through with her plans for the future.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:24 pm

He chuckled as he remembered how upset she was whenever she got bullied, it made him feel like he was her hero when he defended her from them. " Just like old times hm? " nodding as he stopped in front of the double doors to the library. Pushing the doors open he held them open for to pass through them before following her inside.

Shaking his head in amusement as she used his own answer against him " There isn't many tall people here like me " he joked, it was rather true, there was not many other students in the school that were were as tall as him.

" I went to this small private school back home, it was nice but nothing like Hogwarts" It was true the school in Amsterdam had nothing on Hogwarts, he liked it there but when he was accepted to Hogwarts for the exchange student program he jumped on it. " A good cook? Hmm...If you say so " he cracked a smile at her " However you have nothing on my cooking " He was a very good cook himself, having being the one who cooked at home for his father and himself.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Elise nodded at Lars as she walked into the library. That’s right, just like old times. She found an empty table for them to sit at. The contents of her bag were soon scattered over the table as she unpacked the books, parchment and quill and ink she would need. She was torn between continuing the conversation or finishing her essay. Though of course that’s what multitasking was invented for. She could scribble things down while she talked to Lars. Perhaps the library wasn’t the ideal place to head to after reuniting with her brother though, as they had to remember to keep their voices down now.

As Lars told her about his school she felt a bit awkward. She pretended to be busy with arranging her writing supplies before cautiously glancing up at him. “... I actually got a letter for that school as well when I turned eleven. Mom thought Beauxbatons was the better choice though,” For some reason she felt a bit guilty admitting this. Probably because she could’ve prevented them from being separated for so long if she’d chosen for the school in Amsterdam. If young Elise had known more about the consequences of her choice, perhaps she’d made a different one. Not that there was much she could still do about that now.

Elise usually wasn’t the competitive kind, but that changed when it came to the subject of cooking. “Oh, you wanna bet?” Elise asked, her lips forming a playful smirk. Cooking was what she did best. Considering she wanted to make her career out of it, she couldn’t let her own brother just beat her. He might be good at it, yes. But she didn’t see him as the type that would spend as much time in the kitchen as she did.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 am

He had sit down beside her and frowned when she just scattered the contents of her bag all over the place. He sighed and soon the contents of his bag were neatly layed out on his small space, his obsessive compulsiveness was surely showing not that he really noticed. Placing down his ink and quill he set himself to start writing his homework, he was good at multitasking as he worked.

" Oh you did? My school was very good, I'm surprised that Mamma did not want to send you to the very best " his hand stopped writing as he really thought about it, he wasn't stupid and he slowly caught on . He turned to look at his sister a slight frown " It's because I was going to that school wasn't it? " He figured that was the reason because he was sure they would have met up there much sooner.

" I do bet you " If he wasn't in his garden then he was in his kitchen cooking, he might not look like it but he loved cooking. And if he had to prove it he would, it was almost like old times the two of them competing against each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:45 am

She noted how Lars’ side of the table looked so much neater than her side and moved some of her stuff so it at least wasn’t taking up so much space anymore. She didn’t consider herself extremely chaotic, she just lacked a bit of organization skills. Though compared to the way her brother arranged his things it still looked like there had been a small hurricane among her stuff. She shrugged it off though. As long as she could find everything she needed, she didn’t need to have it in perfectly neat stacks.

It took a few seconds before Lars caught on to what she was saying, making her feel even more guilty. “I’m sorry!” She exclaimed, inwardly reprimanding herself afterwards for raising her voice in the library. With that accusation (though it was a completely right one), Lars had Elise feeling a little defensive. “I’m sorry...” She repeated in a softer tone. “I didn’t really know back then. And mom... she’s just lonely. I guess she was afraid I just wouldn’t come home from school one day,” She felt the need to explain her mother’s actions to Lars. She didn’t want him to hate her for this. They were family after all, and she was sure that she had missed Lars a whole lot as well. She just didn’t want to lose Elise as well. Though Elise herself was upset with her mother about this as well, she had accepted it a long time ago. It wasn’t like they could go back to change it.

During all that, Elise had been looking down at her hands. Her fingers played with her quill to keep herself busy so she wouldn’t have to look up at Lars. “If I had known, I’d really...” She could hit herself right now. Or rather, she wanted to hit her eleven year old self. What had she been thinking back then? Then again, she was just a little girl and trusted that her mother knew what was right for her. She cautiously looked up at him again. “I did want to see you,” She said, hoping he wasn’t really mad at her now.

She offered him a small smile now. She really didn’t mean to hurt anyone. “If you’re so good, we should cook together sometime then. So I can test your skills.”
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:09 pm

" Why are you sorry? There is nothing to be sorry about " He really didn't know why she was apologizing for what was done was done, there was no use on dwelling on it. Sighing he scratched at his scar " As much as it would have been tempting to bring you back with me I wouldn't have forced you. " His paranoid mother really did not need to have worried like that, he would have never have made her come home with him... Ask sure but never force.

Watching her look down at her hands he reached over to awkwardly rest his larger hand ontop of her smaller one and sighed " It's alright really you could not have have known so stop beating yourself up hm? " He pulled his hand away and rested it back down on the table " And I did want to see you too " He wasn't angry with her, how could he be it was not her fault.

Offering her a small chuckle he nodded " Ah I look forward to it. I'd like to see how good you think you are "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:51 am

Hearing Lars say she had nothing to be sorry about was such a relief. It didn’t completely chase away the feeling of guilt, but it helped. “Maybe I would’ve gone home with you,” She mused. If she had ended up at the Dutch school she couldn’t exclude that in the list of possible things that could have happened. Little Elise probably wouldn’t think twice if she was offered to see her father again, not stopping to think about how she would hurt her mother by doing so.

Right now though... Elise was very tempted to propose coming to the Netherlands with Lars during a holiday. Though she didn’t want to hurt her mother by doing so. But wasn’t this her life? She couldn’t stay with her mother forever. Eventually she’d have to move out of the house, get married, leave her. How could she ever do that if she already felt guilty about spending a holiday at someone else’s place? She took a deep breath before speaking again. “Maybe it’s not too late... to come with you? If it’s okay with you and dad,” She cautiously asked, trying to make it sound casual.

“I mean, just for a holiday, not forever or anything,” She hadn’t seen her father in such a long time, moving in there would feel weird anyway. ”We’d need a judge for our cooking match anyway,” She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

He ran his fingers through his hair " Perhaps but then Mamma would have been upset or thought that Papa and I kidnapped you " Either way it was a lose situation when it came to their mother.

" I do not think it's too late Zus, I am fine with you coming home with me during a holiday or something like that " he attempted to smile to reassure her that it would be alright " And Papa would love to see his little girl again so he would not mind. " He hoped that their mother would let her visit them. " You're right it is just a holiday, I don't see why she would not let you."

Nodding in agreement " It should be someone that is not bias to either of us if we wanted to make it a fair cook off "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:17 pm

“She wouldn’t think that. At least I hope not,” She said with a smile. Her father wasn’t a bad person, and she knew her mother was aware of that too. “She would be upset though,” A small sigh left her lips when she thought about what would happen to their mother if she would leave. She’d be all alone then. Then again, Elise was away to school most of the time as well, so technically she was already leaving her mother most of the time.

A small smile played around her lips when she realized something. “She can just be a bit overprotective sometimes,” She raised her eyebrows at Lars as she looked up from the parchment she’d been scribbling on and gave him a little smirk. “Maybe that’s where you got that from,” Lars could try to deny being overprotective, but Elise knew he was exactly that sometimes.

“You should come visit in Belgium sometime as well. I’m sure mama will like that,” She proposed.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 pm

" Well I hope she doesn't think that. " His mother wasn't bad just... A bit paranoid, in his mind at least. " Ja perhaps you are right on that. "

He wished that their mother would realize that one day that Elise would leave her to live her own life, but he knew she would try to hold on to her for as long as she could. It kind of made him feel like he wasn't as important to her as his sister. But he could never blame his little sister she was his pride, even though they were separated for so long.

" That's not true... I am not " he was not that over protective Elise didn't know what she was talking about. Sure he watched out for his little sister but he was no where near over protective.

He nodded liking that idea " That sounds like a good idea, it would be nice to see mamma again "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't I Know You? [Lars]   Don't I Know You? [Lars] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't I Know You? [Lars]
Page 1 of 1