Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Study time [ Open ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

Study time [ Open ] Empty
PostSubject: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Lars sighed to himself, he finally gotten some quiet time to study for some of his classes. As much as he loved his dear sister she was a bit of a handful, always seeming to be be able to find him wherever he was.

But today he had hoped to be able to study in peace in the Ravenclaw common room, the other students in the house seemed to be out doing whatever it is that they did in their free time. That suited him just fine he rather welcomed the peace, not that he minded his dorm mates.

He pulled out his text books from his stachel and placed his rabbit on his lap and started to read.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Canada

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 am

Today Madeline’s bag felt a little lighter than usual. The reason for that was most likely because she wasn’t carrying several large books from the library with her, in addition to the books she needed for class. No, today Madeline was up to a little lighter reading.

She had recently realised that she hadn’t read a book in a while that was meant for fun instead of learning. After voicing this observation in her weekly letter home, her father had sent her a lovely little novel that she received at breakfast this morning. She had made sure that most of her schoolwork was done between classes that day, so she would have time to start in it right after.

And now she finally could. She hurried to the Ravenclaw common room, solved the password riddle and stepped inside. It was quiet, she noticed. She didn’t know if that was normal, since she usually would be found in the library at this time, but the weather was nice outside and she wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where most of her fellow Ravenclaws were. She would have opted to read outside as well, hadn’t it meant she would be distracted by the shouts of other students having fun around the grounds.

So this was the better option, she decided. She sat close to a window nonetheless, and opened it slightly to let the soft wind blow across her face. She looked around the common room to see who else was there, and saw a tall, rather intimidating looking guy sitting not far from her. He appeared to be studying and- was that a rabbit on his lap? It was so adorable! She had half a mind to ask him if she could pet it. Madeline just adored animals. Though he looked busy, and she didn’t want to disturb him.

Instead she just turned back to her book. It was obviously a muggle novel, the picture on the cover didn’t move. She didn’t mind that at all. It was a nice change to read something again where illustrations didn’t move, or even sentences changed in front of her eyes while she was reading them.

(( I know this is an old thread, but nobody had replied to it yet, so I hope it’s okay that I did. ^^ ))
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Lars looked up when he heard someone enter the room, he noticed the cutest looking girl walk through the door and head to the window seat. He watched her from the corner of his eye for a few moments, watching her look around before settling her eyes on him. He pretended to be studying again absent mindly stroking the rabbits fur as he turns a page in his book.

When he saw that she had her nose buried in her book he had noticed that it was a muggle novel, he chuckled inwardly he knew how relaxing a muggle novel was when they used magical books all day long. He closed his book and placed it beside him, he picked up his rabbit into his arms and started to play with the animal.

( It's alright I was wondering if anyone would reply to this )
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Canada

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Muggle novels weren’t a new thing for Madeline. Her whole childhood had been filled with the things. She’d grown up in a muggle village, and from the magical books her father owned, she could only get her hands on a few of them. He apparently didn’t want to risk Madeline getting her hands on a dangerous spell when they weren’t even sure whether she was a witch yet. So, in a way, this book reminded her a bit of the home she so missed.

She had only just started on the first few sentences when a sound distracted her, just before she would be completely lost in the book. The big guy she had noticed earlier had put aside his book and was now playing with the rabbit.

A smile graced her lips as she watched them for a while. The image of this tall, intimidating guy, playing with a cute little animal was oddly endearing. Usually she would probably have avoided her, since he looked like he could be a bully, but after seeing this, it was hard to believe he was one. Appearances were deceiving, after all.

Madeline realised she had been staring for a while now, which was incredibly rude. She didn’t know if he had noticed her staring, but just in case he had, she felt like she should say something, so he wouldn’t think of her as a complete weirdo. “He... He’s really cute.” She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Lars looked up at the sound of a soft voice " Ja she is " he chuckled softly knowing that the gender of his rabbit was often mistaken for a male rabbit. " Would you like to hold her? " he held the rabbit up in a ' You can hold her ' motion.

He gave her a small smile hoping to reassure the girl that it was alright, he hoped that he didn't give off a frightening aura that might scare the girl off.

( sorry this is short had to make a fast reply from work )
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Canada

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Madeline was a bit embarrassed by her mistake, but in her defence from here she couldn’t see what gender the rabbit was, and ‘he’ was usually a safe choice to go with. She looked a bit surprised when he offered her to hold the rabbit.

When he gave her that smile, all previous thoughts about how he might be a bully were discarded. Madeline nodded and returned his smile. “I would like that.” She said, moving to a chair next to him and taking the little creature from his hands. She giggled a bit as the soft fur tickled her skin. She sat the rabbit down in her lap and petted it gently. “What’s her name?” She asked him.

Then she remembered that while she was asking for the rabbit’s name, she didn’t even know what the boy was called. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’m Madeline Williams. What’s your name?” She asked him, cheeks coloured pink in embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:18 pm

He chuckled softly, it was a rather common mistake " No need to worry it happens all the time " He had gently let go of the rabbit and smiled as he watched her pet the animal.

" Her name is Nijntje " he reached over to gently scratch the rabbit's ears to the animal's pleasure. Pulling his hand away from his pet he let out a laugh " It is alright, my name is Lars van Rijn. It is a pleasure to meet you " He thought it was rather cute watching her blush in her embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Canada

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:06 am

“Nice to meet you too, Lars.” She gave him a shy smile.

“Nijntje is an unusual name.” Or at least for her it was. It sure wasn’t a name she was familiar with, even if it was a pet name. So this confirmed what Madeline already had expected when she had heard his accent. He was one of the exchange students as well.

“You’re not from around here, are you? Where are you from?” She asked him. Her best guess was somewhere in Europe, but she couldn’t exactly place it. For the locals here, she herself must have an accent as well when she spoke, she realised. She briefly wondered what she sounded like to others. It was strange, since she didn’t have the idea she had much of an accent at all, but that’s because she was used to people talking like her back at home.

(( Sorry for the wait. I had a busy week. ))
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:44 pm

He returned the smile as he chuckled, he knew knew most people would agree with her about the animal's name " She is named after after a rabbit in a Dutch children's story. " He wasn't sure if she knew what he was talking about but he would not hold it against her if she didn't.

He nodded at her questions " You're right I am not from around here. I am from the Netherlands " He smiled a little at her, he had noticed she herself had a bit of a accent as well " You have a slight accent yourself. Where are you from? " He figured that she might be one of the exchange students as well since he had not heard her accent before.

( No worries it's understandable )
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Canada

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 am

Madeline silently reprimanded herself a bit for not taking the obvious differences in language into account. “Ah, of course. It must be not such an unusual pet name in the Netherlands.” She realised.

“You can hear it that well?” Madeline smiled. She didn’t think it’d be as noticeable. And when it was, most people just assumed she was American. She was rather glad Lars hadn’t. “I’m from Canada. Pretty far from here.” She told him, adding that last bit in case he didn’t know where her country was. Because, you know, it had happened often enough already. Even if the country was so big it was rather hard to miss on a map.
Back to top Go down
Lars van Rijn

Lars van Rijn

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:36 pm

He nodded his head in agreement " I don't know if others back home have used the name but I wanted a name that meant something to me. "

He nodded " Ja I can, it is very subtle but I can pick it out." He prided himself on the fact that he did not just assume that everyone was an American. " Canada you say? " He ran a hand through his spiked hair, he liked watching her smile as she talked about where she was from. He smiled gently at her " Beautiful country, I have not been there myself but I would like to visit it someday "

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study time [ Open ]   Study time [ Open ] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study time [ Open ]
Page 1 of 1