Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Backfire [Roderich]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

Backfire [Roderich] Empty
PostSubject: Backfire [Roderich]   Backfire [Roderich] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Gilbert supposed it was a good thing that Hogwarts didn't have smoke alarms at that moment, otherwise the entire Exchange Student Common Room would've been doused with a great rainfall of water, followed by that obnoxious wailing. As it was, the common room was full of acrid smelling smoke that made Gilbert's eyes and lungs burn, and he waved a hand frantically in front of his face, while his other hand clutched at his stupid wand.

It was a temperamental thing. Brilliant at casting hexes and curses, but if he tried household charms, or anything innocuous like that, it throws a tantrum and ends up overloading spells - which causes situations like this. It was dragon heartstring and yew, wand ingredients that focused on power - but very little finesse. Sometimes it was like trying to chop a carrot with a broadsword when using it. Gilbert shook the wand angrily, making red sparks shoot out at the end, and breathed a sigh of relief when the smoke started to fade away. The air still stank of sulphur, but Gilbert could blame it on someone else if it came to it. He rubbed at his eyes, his vision blurrier than usual, and dropped his hand to glare at his wand. With such a temperamental wand, experimenting probably wasn't the wisest thing, but using the school sanctions charms and spells weren't working, so why not make up his own? You just said silly words while trying to force your intent through your wand, right? Well, that's what he did with curses and hexes and those worked awesomely.

"Damn thing...just cooperate with me!" Gilbert snapped, shaking his wand again and taking a deep breath. Okay. So, levitation charm that didn't end up igniting a quill. Hm, he needed a new quill. The other one was...very charred.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Backfire [Roderich]   Backfire [Roderich] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 pm

When Roderich found the Exchange student common room- Which was a miracle for him- he had been expecting a quiet place to read up on his charm's homework, relax and maybe read one of his favorite books.

What he wasn't expecting was to start choking from smoke inhalation and the faint smell of sulpher the moment he walked in the room. Couphing, he removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes - which had started watering from the smoke -to clear them of the tears that had come. Slipping the glasses back on he glanced around the room and spotted the cause of the mess.

It was another student, a Gryffindor by the looks of his robes. He was waving his wand and cursing about it not cooperating with him. Roderich raised a brow at that.

Okay...maybe I should try to ask him what happened. He thought, clearing his throat to announce himself-remembering his manners- and asked as politely as he could "Excuse me, but what happened here"?

(ooc: Sorry if Roddy is a bit out of character :(, I don't roleplay him often ehehe, and I tried to make his personality less jerkish and more polite but not really open to strangers *shrugs* I don't know, but I hope he seems ok :) )
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Backfire [Roderich]   Backfire [Roderich] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:34 am

(He seems okay <3 )

Gilbert almost dropped his wand in surprise when he heard the loud cough, and looked over at a blue robed boy that definitely wasn't there a moment ago. Oh crap. Gilbert gained the look of a deer in the headlights of an incoming truck, feeling like he had been caught in the act of something very naughty. "Uh...nothing?" He replied, leaning forwards to sweep his robe sleeve over the table, sending the charred quill away into a dust cloud of ash that fluttered over the side and onto the floor. "Nothing at all! Just, a...wand malfunction."

Blue robes meant...Raider's claw, right? And he heard they were the bookish, snooty types. Well Gilbert had enough of snooty types back home, especially when stepping into their element, so admitting failure at casting spells would probably get him laughed at. 'Haha, look, the son of a squib can't cast spells, how unsurprising.' Jackasses...
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Backfire [Roderich]   Backfire [Roderich] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Roderich cocked his head slightly, with a curious expression. "Wand malfunction?" He asked, than noticed the small puff of ash that came from the table and figured what might have happened.

It must have been a spell malfunction...He figured, judging by the Gryffindor's look of a deer caught in headlights. He was about to voice his observation but decided against it. It was better not to mention it, he figured.

"I see", he said, shrugging. "It's happened to me before.." Walking over to the nearest window he opened it to let in fresh air to help with ridding the room of smoke. Roderich turned to look at the Gryffindor. "Do you mind if I work on my assignments in here?" he asked politely, motioning to the couch in the far corner of the room. "I'll work over here, so I won't bother you." He paused, "But while I'm working could you keep the cussing to a minimum?"

( ooc: ehehe sorry it took me awhile to reply to this, I was trying to think of something good to write as a reply :P. And I had to make it sound like Roderich :P. )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backfire [Roderich]   Backfire [Roderich] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backfire [Roderich]
Page 1 of 1