Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 am

Character's name: Gilbert Weillschmidt.

Country of origin: Germany.

Year: Sixth Year.

House: Gryffindor.

Personality: Gilbert’s a hot-blooded young man that leaps before he thinks. He’s extremely impulsive and very boisterous, always trying to snatch the attention of everyone in the room by being as flashy and loud as possible. This usually makes people annoyed at him, but in his opinion, any attention is better than being ignored. He’s also a bit of a glory-hog, doing his best to succeed in any task set before him and craving the inevitable praise of doing it ‘awesomely’. Despite his bull-headedness, Gilbert is a kind soul deep down. He has an affinity towards animals, and most of his childhood was spent bringing in stray kittens and puppies he found abandoned in alleyways.

Surprisingly, he is very bashful when it comes to scantily clad women, blushing and stuttering if faced with them. Whenever he is called out for his shyness around women though, he usually bluffs it, proclaiming that he’s slept with and made out with legions of women, so shut up okay, he isn’t /shy/. Needless to say, he isn’t a very good bluffer, or liar.

Appearance:

Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Tumblr_lucwmgz80q1r50x5yo1_500

Gilbert’s a very exotic looking individual, with snow white hair and scarlet eyes. He boasts about his appearance, usually, as his unique features bring him a lot of attention. However, if people say he looks ‘freaky’ or ‘weird’ he gets overly defensive and easily offended. In such a case, afterwards he more often than not spends time frowning in the mirror, tugging at a lock of hair and muttering if he’d look better with it black. He never ends up dying it, though, no matter how many people insults him.

Muggle-born, Half-blood, or Pureblood? Half-blood

Strengths:

Bravery: Even if he’s scared to the point where his knees are knocking, Gilbert never backs down from a challenge.

Stubborn: Gilbert never lets a difficult spell beat him! He’ll practice and practice until he can cast it with no problem at all! More often than not, though, this makes him neglect other duties, so this trait of his is a double-edged sword.

Compassion: Gilbert is quite compassionate, always ready to help someone in need (as this would also get his the praise he craved so much), and having a soft-spot for small, helpless animals. Animals seem to love him return, and more often than not, a bird often rests on his head, or his shoulder. Actually, the bird always seems to be the same, yellow canary…

Loyalty: Gilbert is fiercely loyal to his friends, and would go through Hell and back for them…the only shame is that there are very few he could honestly call friends.

Weaknesses, phobias, quirks, etc.:

Alone-complex: Gilbert has a severe complex about being alone, and is prone to latching onto anyone that is kind enough to give him attention.

Overly aggressive personality: Gilbert talks over other people, or interrupts them, in an effort to constantly be the centre of attention. His presence is quite overwhelming, so he either rubs people the wrong way, or intimidates the shier people into silence.

Short-attention span: If he isn’t focused on conquering a difficult spell, his attention wanders quite often. He’s unable to sit through class without fidgeting or doodling or drifting off into a daydream.

Megalomania: Gilbert has a very self-inflated ego, but it’s a bit more complicated than that. He constantly assures himself, and others, that he was awesome and brilliant, but underneath that cocky arrogance lies a mess of self-esteem issues and feelings of inadequacy.

Poor eyesight/Photosensitive: Albinos are prone to having weak eyesight, and are very photosensitive, as the lack of melanin means the eyes struggle to block out excess light. Gilbert’s supposed to wear glasses, but he thinks they make him look ridiculous, and heaven forbid he wears contact lenses. This means that more often than not, he misreads spells, hence why it takes him so long to learn them, or ends up blowing himself up.

He’s a dork: A super, mega dork. Although this is probably a positive trait.

Your Character's backstory:

Gilbert’s origins begin in East Germany, before the fall of the Berlin Wall. A young Muggleborn witch by the name of Annaliese Himmel met a Muggle labourer by the name of Johannas Weillschmidt. Johannas knew nothing about magic, and Annaliese, used to being rejected by disturbed men upon discovering she was a witch, kept it secret from him while a romance blossomed between them. They were poor in East Germany, and both of them longed to escape to West Germany in the hopes of beginning a family life there. However, such a feat was difficult even for a witch, and the pair had to wait until Hungary opened its borders to East German citizens. It was then that they made their escape. With nothing but their meagre possessions and little money, Annaliese and Johannas fled from East Germany, through Hungary, and into West Germany. A few years later, the Berlin wall was torn down, and West Germany and East Germany were merged into one.

Johannas managed to secure a labouring job in the new Germany, and a cheap flat, amongst the Turkish community. Although they were still poor, they were a little better off and happier. A year after the fall of the Berlin Wall, Annaliese became pregnant with Gilbert, and a few weeks later Johannas got down on his knee and proposed. He had no ring, but he promised that as soon as he had the money, he would get Annaliese the most beautiful ring in the world. It was a far off dream, perhaps, but it was sincere.

Annaliese, although happy, fretted about the baby. She was a Muggleborn witch, and that meant there was a high chance that their child would be magical as well. She managed to hide her magical talents from her husband all these years, but she wouldn’t be able to explain away the accidental magic that their baby displayed. Finally, after much deliberation, Annaliese told Johannas that she was a witch, and that there was a high chance that their child would be magical too. However, instead of being shocked and disgusted, Johannas revealed a secret of his own; he was a Squib of an old Pureblood family, and had been trying to think of a way to reveal his parentage if the baby was proven to be magical. He hadn't contacted his family in years though, so the only thing linking him to the Wizarding World was his surname. The relief Annaliese felt was great.

When the baby was born, the pair was a bit taken aback by his pale appearance, but after having the doctor assure them that there was nothing medically wrong, they named their new baby boy Gilbert. He was an only child for two years, and was spoilt rotten by his mother during this time, when his brother Ludwig was born. Gilbert was very close with his brother when growing up, and they were practically inseparable for most of their childhood years. However, they didn’t have much, as his father brought in a labourer’s wage, and they still lived amongst the immigrants and Turkish communities for most of Gilbert’s life. This meant that Gilbert was used to talking to people of all sorts of ethnicities, and picked up a few foreign words here and there (conveniently, all swear words and vulgar things).

When he was six, he showed the first signs of his magical abilities. Gilbert had been playing with some of the boys from the neighbourhood, when Gilbert tripped on a crack in the road and fell into the path of an incoming car. Miraculously, the car spluttered and jerked to a halt before it could hit the boy. Everyone thought that the car’s engine had failed – and indeed, there was a bizarre amount of damage to it when an engineer took a look at it – but Annaliese knew it was a sign of her son’s magical talent. Gilbert didn’t display much accidental magic after that, except for the occasional floating object, but Annaliese was proud nevertheless.

A letter came for him when he was eleven, inviting him to the nearby magical school in Germany. Annaliese had been ecstatic – before Johannas wisely pointed out that they had very little money to spare, and Annaliese didn’t have any of her old textbooks and the like. A few owl correspondences with the headmaster later, though, and Gilbert was given a loan from the school for his supplies and tuition – so long as he promised to pay everything back once he had a job, Muggle or Wizarding. The same offer was extended to his brother, when it was his time to go to their school. One signed contract later, and Gilbert was sent off to the German school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where he studied for five years, before the student exchange program selected him to go to Hogwarts in the UK.

We Just Got A Letter:

Gilbert was sitting in his favourite spot just outside his house, on the half crumbled wall surrounding their garden. Well, theirs and the Duman’s garden. His parents had rented out Gilbert’s bedroom as he spent most of the year at his ‘special’ boarding school. Gilbert usually had to crash in his parents’ room when he was home for the summer, but that was okay. It was just like sharing dorm rooms. In any case, he was sitting on the wall reading one of his school textbooks. With the loan he was given, he wasn’t allowed any recreational books, so most of his jinxing and hexes were from the approved list that the school taught. They were all so…tame and lame. Tickling curse? Tripping jinx? Body bind? Why not something flashy or original, like…like, well Gilbert couldn’t think of anything that moment, but he was certain those thick tomes in the back alley of the Wizarding street in Berlin were full of awesome stuff.

He snapped his book close with a frown on his face. The streets were loud today – plenty of old cars driving past, the neighbourhood kids sitting down on the curb, playing with those Gameboy things, or running around like idiots as usual. He lifted a hand, shading his eyes from the glare of the summer sun, and peered down the street. Well, it made sense that it was so crowded. It was hot, it was summer, and people were probably heading off to the pool or beach. It was quite the bus ride to the closest shore, though, and Gilbert didn’t do well in hot sun. That was why, when everyone else was in t-shirts and shorts, Gilbert was bundled up in a long-sleeved shirt and baggy jeans, with an old red and black scarf arranged on his head like a hijab. He didn’t tan. He burned. So horribly.

He was starting to overheat though, so he gave up reading for the time being and swung his leg over the wall, dropping into the garden and walking up to the small house. He pushed open the door, and kicked off his shoes, leaving them by the door, and pulled his scarf off his head. Draping it over his shoulders, he stuck his head in the kitchen. “Mam, s’there any-”

“If you’re going to ask if there are any biscuits left, the answer is ‘no’,” Annaliese scolded, looking over her shoulder at her son. Her brown hair was tied up in a tight bun, and her face was slightly wrinkled from stress lines – but she was smiling softly despite her stern appearance. “If you want food, you should’ve gone help Mister Osman at his shop.”

“I’ve been doing school work all year, though,” Gilbert whined, “C’mon, I should have days off.”

“If life was that easy,” Annaliese said wryly. “No. Go study, son.”

“Ugh, fine.”

Gilbert stomped loudly on the stairs, but not too much since they squeaked a lot and he didn’t want to fall through them, and went into his parents’ room where his cot was set up. His trunk was in the far corner, battered but sturdy, and he tossed his book atop of it. “Bleh. Bleeeeh I say.” he mumbled to no one in particular, sitting down on the cot and frowning at the wall. A small tapping distracted him, and his face lit up when he saw a familiar bird sitting on the windowsill. “Gilbird!” He cried happily, jumping up and opening the window, letting the little yellow bird hop onto his outstretched hand. “I was wondering where you were, buddy!”

Gilbird chirped, bobbing its head up and down. Gilbert didn’t know why Gilbird hung around him so much, or how ithad managed to live for almost seven years without dying of old age, but he was always happy to have the bird’s company. He let the bird fly from his hand and on to his shoulder, and moved to close the window when an owl suddenly flew through the open space. The albino let out a quiet yelp of surprise and leapt back, almost tripping over the cot, and glared as the owl flew onto the bookcase. It returned his stare with a rather glowering look of its own, as if the albino was to blame for the near-collision.

“Okay, yeah, thanks for scaring off a few years off of my life,” Gilbert said dryly. He squinted at the haughty owl. He recognised it as one from the school, and he frowned thoughtfully. It was too early for him to get the results for his OWLs or the list for Sixth Year supplies. Maybe something was up. He held out his arm and the owl flew down from the bookcase and onto it. He took the letter off of the outstretched leg, and carefully opened the envelope one-handed. He unfolded the letter and started to read.

“What. Student exchange- I didn’t sign up for that!” His raised voice made the owl hoot in an offended manner, and it took flight, soaring through the open window. Gilbert barely noticed.

“All the way to Britain?” He continued in an aggravated tone. “And where do they think I’m going to have the money to go all the way to Britain? Plane tickets are like, a fortune, or something!” He read a little more, and relaxed a little. Oh, an international portkey. That was oka- wait, portkeys? Ugh, god, Gilbert hated portkeys! They made him sick to his stomach!

He mulled over it for a long moment. Well…it could be fun. Here was muttering about how bored he was stuck in the same tiny school…and if they really were willing to pay for everything…Portkey aside, it could probably be fun…yeah. Yeah! He had always wanted to go to different countries, and an opportunity had just fallen into his lap – even if they didn’t ask him first before signing him up for this student exchange whatever. He reread the letter, soaking up the details properly this time. Hogwarts…he had heard of that place even here. It was supposed to be some prestigious school in Britain, even if it did have a stupid name. People wouldn’t know he was a labourer’s son either. It was nothing to be ashamed about, but those snooty purebloods sneered at him for being poor. He could bluff it over in ‘Hogwarts’.

Only problem was that his English wasn’t the best in the world. He’ll polish up on it easily. Mam knew English, and she was the one that taught him, so…yeah. Yeah! He whooped, jumping up and punching the air, and startling Gilbird bad enough that the canary almost pooped on him. He didn’t care. He was going to Britain! For free! Ah, it’d be such an awesome adventure! Even if he did have to take a nasty ol’ portkey!

The Sorting:

Gilbert resisted the urge to nervously chew on his thumbnail as he stood before the entire school, stuffing his hands into his robe’s pocket and fiddling with the little things that had been forgotten there. Gilbert didn’t grow very quickly – he was indeed on the slight short side – so these robes were from last year, and the year before. Gilbert had a tendency to stuff random things into his pockets and forget about them, so he tried to distract himself from his nervousness by trying to figure out what the hell were in his pockets through touch alone.

As his last name was Weillschmidt, he went through a considerable amount of junk in his pockets before his name was finally called out. He had been getting steadily more and more anxious the longer he had to wait, as the line had thinned out considerably until it was his turn. He slipped his hands from his pockets and strode across the stage with a cocky smile, trying to tell his legs to stop wobbling as he walked up to the dirty hat on a stool. A talking hat. Heh, that was pretty cool, although he was a bit iffy about it poking about in his brain.

He sat on the squat stool and placed the hat on his head, grunting when its rim flopped over his eyes. He sat ramrod straight on the stool, crossing his arms tightly across his chest as he felt /something/ poke about in his head. It kind of tickled, in a “oh my god there is a spider in my hair” kind of way. In fact, Gilbert wouldn’t be surprised if spiders did make their nest in the hat and oh crap he just freaked himself out.

“I assure you, there are no spiders inside of me, Mr. Weillschmidt,” A voice muttered into his ear, and Gilbert almost jumped off of the stool in surprise. He heard some quiet titters from the tables, so Gilbert probably didn’t hide his shock well enough. He sat there with a grimace, trying to ignore how hot with embarrassment his face felt.

“Hm, I see…ah, hm…” The hat muttered, taking no more than a minute to finally settle on a decision. “Lots of courage, but you need a bit more confidence. Hm, I think you’ll find that in GRYFFINDOR!”

Gilbert was about to protest that he had /plenty/ of confidence before the shout muffled whatever he was going to say, and he took off the hat with a sigh. The house with the red and gold colouring was clapping loudly, so Gilbert hurried over to them, putting on his best cocky grin to hide how nervous he was as he was pulled into a spare seat amongst the group of students.

ABOUT ME:

Name: Lauren

Timezone/Country: Britain

Tell us a little about yourself. Um, I'm a prompt replier, since I RP on IMs, so I'm used to having people going "RESPOND NOW ARRGH". Ah, I am a bit shy though, so, yes, aha, it'll take me a lot of courage to actually PM people for plotting. Um, I'll try though! ;w;

Anything else? Uh, nothing? I'm on most of the time, unless I'm working...and I love discussing plots with people. Oh, also, hit me with all the criticism you have! I can only improve if I have people telling me off for my mistakes *nods*

Last edited by Gilbert Weillschmidt on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi! I'm your admin and your Germania. There's nothing wrong I just wanted to clear up an issue.... uh...

There's no mention of Aldrich or Ludwig so... I figure you don't want to be related. Which is a shame but I would just like to know for certian if that was your intention.

Also stop copying me :I I'm Lauren and I'm British too. Basically, this forum ain't big enough for the both of us. /jk
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Well, I wasn't entirely sure, because, um, I didn't see a Ludwig app, and I didn't want to presume in case someone app'd as him. I'll be more than happy to adjust my application though, if you want it otherwise?

E-Eh? This is a first, I rarely see other British RPers... ;w;
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Well, Ludwig is another one on reserve, which makes it difficult ahaha...

I don't think it would be hard to modify your app slightly, if you want to. Just PM me or come in to the chatbox so we can work something out? You wouldn't even have to change the history much
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Alright, I'll try to use the chatbox!
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Cool! You have a lovely app <3 So I'll accept you now, kay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]   Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Weillschmidt Application [Complete!]
Page 1 of 1