Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Former Finland

Former Finland

It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Tino had become convinced that Herbology was not something he was likely to have a career in once his school days were over.

Currently, he was was sitting in the library staring down at his Herbology textbook, a quill in one hand and his parchment in the other. No matter how much he stared down at the text he was using for his assignment, it simply glared right back at him, its words becoming a jumbled mess.

"This is ridiculous." he muttered, rubbing his forehead. He'd been in the library for--he glanced over at the clock, surprised but what he saw. "Two hours? And still nothing?" He groaned a little in frustration.

Wonderful. There went that hour he'd tried to keep free for practicing Charms.

Frowning, Tino stared back down at the book, determined to make at least some headway in his essay. At least Professor Carriedo would realize that he was trying to be a good student even if his essay was horrible, right? Finally, after somehow managing to write down a few sentences on the parchment, Tino set down his things and sighed, rubbing his forehead again.

This was going to take a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Lukas blinked slowly, walking out of his classroom with a soft yawn as the boy adjusted all the books in his hands, shaking his head. Charms class was a strange one, mostly because Lukas' wand always tended to bitch and whine at some parts. His wand was okay, but most of the times, it just had a curious habit of having a mind of its own, choosing the spells it wanted to produce or not. The Norwegian wasn't all happy over that, but seeing as there was no change or refunds - he needed the wand - better leave it as such. Luckily, all the headache had ended, somehow with him earning a few points for his school, even if he couldn't figure out how.

Set on his tracks, Lukas made his way to the library, sneaking in silently with a pile of books and looking for a place to do his homework quietly, and then, later he would rest and quietly read a book in his warm bed. He couldn't wait for it, but work had to be done first. He glanced around, frowning and jerking his lips to the side as he noticed most of the tables were already full. Busy day at the library, huh? The boy sighed, about to give up when he spotted a table in the corner, occupied by a Gryffindor. Oh, well, it couldn't be helped... Lukas sighed, quietly walking towards the table and making himself comfortable there, sitting in front of the other blond.

"Excuse me." Lukas said, voice low but fierce, as he adjusted the books he was carrying and set a few parchments around, grabbing his quill. His bag wasn't a mess, but he acted as in he was in a hurry, which he indeed was. The boy just wanted to be done with such things already. First, he decided to go for History, scribbling with a small althought neat letter on the parchment. It was something about wars again, nothing he hadn't already seen in Durmstrang. His work was going fast, at least with the History of Magic part, few being the parts where Lukas had to pause to check a book or two.

He was a Ravenclaw, please. But the boy in front of him didn't seem to be that smart, or that lucky. The Norwegian raised an eyebrow, studying the other's features for a moment or two. He looked like the Nordic type too, even if he seemed to be either too short, or too young. Lukas couldn't tell. Yet, the boy's face was intriguing, Lukas had to wonder what was the homework about, to trouble the other so much... But, still, the folk was Gryffindor, maybe he was just a bit lacking on the brain side. "Ah, do you need any help there?" Lukas tried to get the other's attention, pointing to the boy's parchment with his own quill, one eyebrow raised being the only sign of curiousity or any emotion on his face. "I'm Lukas, by the way." He added, certain that the other had seen the Ravenclaw eagle on his uniform by now.
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Tino had looked up as the other boy walked towards his table, and had quickly moved his things to make room for him. He nodded politely as the boy sat down across from him, and studied him a little. He noted that the boy was a Ravenclaw--one of the two houses he'd most like to be in, if he weren't already if Gryffindor. He also looked like he was a Nordic--that intrigued Tino. What country could he be from? Maybe one of the countries further north than Finland, since he hadn't seen the boy before, except for possibly a passing glance in the hallways. He seemed nice enough--a little bit reserved, maybe, but polite. Tino smiled a little, trying to be friendly, then turned back to his Herbology book.

He had better get going on this essay, or he'd be behind on his work, which was something he wanted to avoid at all costs. Finally, he seemed to find a small passage that might help him with his work, so he read through it quickly and added some of the information he'd found to his fledgling essay. Obviously, he needed more information than what had filled the meager half-page of parchment, but it seemed that he was--finaly--starting to make some headway. He frowned a little, eyebrows knitting together, as he scanned his book for more on freshwater plants and herbs.

When the other boy spoke, Tino's head shot up, his eyes widening a little. "Hmm? Oh, this?" He gestured down to his parchment before scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. "If you're an expert in Herbology, than your help would be very much appreciated. I've never been great with plants." He smiled a little. "And it's very nice to meet you, Lukas. I'm Tino!" His smile widened a little, before he realized that he wasn't supposed to be quiet as loud as he'd gotten--he was in the library, after all, why hadn't he thought about that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Tino, then. Very well... Lukas clicked his tongue, shaking his head as he stared at the paperwork in front of the boy. "Pleased to meet you." He replied, waving a hand in mere courtesy. Well, Herbology wasn't on his list of favourite subjects, or even subjects he was actually remotely interested in, but the boy seemed to be in quite a lot of trouble, right? Lukas chuckled to himself, peeking at Tino's parchment. He caught up a few lines, names of the plant and some descriptions so, from there, he guessed he could start. "Hm, I see... Well, but just something first, what year is that from?" The Norwegian hummed, before he stood up to grab the book from Tino's hands, excusing himself.

Lukas knew the plant, its properties, uses on potions and all the more basic stuff, but some lines where completely new to him. The boy figured it was maybe a report from the Sixth Year, and there wasn't much he could help Tino with it then. Well, but Lukas was a pesky, stubborn boy and now, he had his head set on solving that tricky puzzle. "Okay, let's give this a try." The Norwegian opened his mouth, brows furrowing as he tried to explain as much as he could to Tino, fingers elegantly moving over the book and tapping a few parts, everything Lukas knew, he poured down into words and made sure it was didactic enough for Tino to understand even the tiniest details.

However, there came a point when the Ravenclaw couldn't go further. The words on the book became a bit harsher to understand, and concepts he needed yet to have a full grasp on started to appear. Lukas sighed, lips quivering as he handed the book back to Tino, sitting down after because yes, he had been standing up all along. "So... that's what I know." Lukas blinked, not a hint of smile or anger in his face, just a quick chuckle that was gone as soon as it came. "Was it of any help?" He raised an eyebrow, leaning forward and staring up at the other, resting his chin on the back of his hand again. By now, Lukas' homework was completely left aside, as if it didn't even matter anymore.
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:53 am

Tino blinked as Lukas snatched the book from him. "W-well, I don't know when the book was published, but it is a sixth year book..." He muttered, watching as the other blonde scanned a few pages. This was certainly a good turn of events, since the boy was obviously willing to help him. Maybe he'd get his work done after all!

He listened intently as Lukas started explaining what he knew, jotting down notes on a spare piece of parchment all the while. He was extremely pleased to find that he was really starting to understand more about the topic he'd been assigned than he had a mere ten minutes earlier, mainly due to the other blonde's explainations. He found himself smiling a little as he listened and took notes, knowing that he'd found someone who'd be able to help him a little.

When Lukas finally sat down, closing the book and giving it back Tino realized that he must not be in the same year--he'd started onto the topics that were introduced in the sixth year, and he had a little trouble with them. Tino studied Lukas for a moment once the boy had sat down and said "So...that's what I know. Was it of any help?"

Tino broke into a broad smile, nodding vigourously. "Yes, very much so! Thank you for your help; I really appreciate it. This essay'll be easy now." He glanced at Lukas's work, which was sitting quite pitifully nearby, looking neglected. "Is there anything I can help you with? I think it's only fair that I try and help you with your work, since you helped me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Lukas' first act was to simply wave his hand. "Oh, no need, Tino." He hummed, smiling a bit. Next, the Norwegian sat down, grabbing his homework and books back to finish what he was doing. The History essay didn't give him much trouble, as well as the Herbology one – explain the subject to Tino worked like a glove for the essay, since now Lukas has remembered everything he needed, or at least most of it. His feather flew across the parchment, his ideas and sentences coming into written words with a quick speed, hand moving frantically to keep up with everything that his mind was ordering him to write. It was almost a mechanical work, but then again, what in his meek student life wasn't?

He was so distracted he barely noticed the time passing, and soon enough, all was left was his Transfiguration essay. Something about...by Odin's sake, he couldn't even figure what the damn Turk wanted from him. Lukas sighed, clinking in tongue in impatience before he looked up at the other boy, taking a deep breath and setting his pride aside. "Hm, Tino, can you help me here? Transfiguration, Fifth Year, are you any good with this?" Lukas handed the notebook to Tino, biting his lower lip after. Well, if the boy could help him, it would be just perfect, now... If not, he'd have some trouble searching around the whole library for help.

But then again, Tino didn't seem like the type to deny help, and then again, he has passed on his O.W.L.s, so the boy should at least have some basic knowledge on the matter. Certainly, the boy knew much better than him at least, even if he was from Hufflepuff, which most didn't consider to be a brilliant house. He has bumped into idiots from Ravenclaw, it wouldn't be a surprise to see a good student in Hufflepuff, honestly. Sometimes, Lukas thought, that hat was just nuts.
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 pm

(ahh, I'm so sorry this is so late! I've been away from a computer all week...normally this doesn't happen!)

Tino nodded a little when Lukas initially turned down the offer for help; he figured that the boy may not need his aid. He turned back to his own work, finishing his Herbology essay (thanks to Lukas' help) and starting in on his Charms work. He felt much better upon starting on the second subject, having much more confidence in what he knew about certain charms and how those spells were performed. He even finished his work a little early, so he read ahead in the book to see what he'd need to study next.

Lukas' voice brought him out of his reading. "Transfiguration? Yes, I can help!" He took the book from him, scanning over what Lukas needed help with. "Ah! Yes, I remember this. One of my favorite lessons last year." He smiled brightly, remembering that lesson well. He remembered it clearly, which was excellent for what needed to be explained.

Tino quickly flipped over the parchment he'd used to take notes while Lukas had explained the Herbology. He started explaining everything he remembered about that lesson and topic in Transfiguration, trying to draw a good diagram that Lukas could examine along with what was being explained--Tino had found that diagrams were extremely helpful when studying Transfiguration.

Finally, once he'd finished drawing his diagram and explaining what he remembered, he smiled brightly, handing the book back to Lukas. "I hope that helped. It's been a little while since I've had to study that, but I'm sure that's all that's in the book."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Tino's explanation had a nice flow, nothing hard to follow, much like Adnan's own classes, but something about both the way the Hufflepuff and the Turk explained just... It felt so far-fetched, it was an odd subject he wasn't even sure he'd be able to properly pass on his exams by the end of the year. The diagram, however, was easy to understand, and certainly, with it, he'd be able to finish his essay quickly, and have something at least decent enough to be presentable. He nodded in thanks at the Finnish boy, excusing himself and pulling the parchment with the drawn diagram close, staring at it. "Thanks, Tino. You make it seem quite easy with these, I'll remember that." He added shortly, nodding in appreciation. So easy.

So the boy was a Sixth Year. Well, that left Lukas with a tiny question. "But, tell me Tino, if Herbology is so hard to you, why didn't you drop it? I'll certainly drop Transfiguration the next year..." He furrowed his eyebrows a bit, and slowly began to write his essay. The words wouldn't come easily, and many times he had to stop and check either the diagram or the Transfiguration book to understand and write about some concepts. He was a logical man, and turns ravens into glasses was anything but logical in his mind. He wasn't getting much progress done, but at least, he was writing. It would leave him with more than enough time to chat a bit with Tino, and find out some stuff about the curious boy.

"Tell me another thing, too. Are you an exchange student? I don't remember ever seeing you in Durmstrang..." He hummed. Sure, the boy didn't necessarily had to be a student from the Norwegian institute - it was Norwegian, yes? The Swedes were obvious liars - to have studied magic before. There were plenty of other schools around the world, and probably, he wasn't even a pure-blood. Lukas didn't know, so he simply shrugged and clicked his tongue, still kinda focused on his writing, decided to finish it as soon as possible. He still wanted to practise Charms a bit.
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Tino smiled brightly. "You're very welcome! I'm happy to help you." He went back to his Charms book, idly flipping pages to see what else he'd be doing in the coming lessons. Helping Lukas certainly made Tino feel better--he'd not only gotten his essay finished, but had helped another, much like he did back home.

Speaking of home, he remembered that his parents were waiting for a letter from him. He quickly started writing out that letter, too, since he had no homework that needed to be done at that moment. He almost missed Lukas' question, but looked up and let it sink in. He blinked, confused. "Drop Herbology....? I didn't know you could do that! That would have saved me a little trouble I guess...."

He wrote a little more in his letter, before looking back up at Lukas. "Hmm? Oh, yes, I'm an exchange student!" He scratched the back of his neck a little. "And I am not from Durmstrang, so you wouldn't have seen me--they don't accept Muggleborn students, so I've been attending the small school back home in Finland." He smiled a little, playing with his quill.

So Lukas went to Durmstrang before coming here. How curious. Tino didn't really know much about the school, except that it was much larger than his home school and that it did not accept Muggleborn students. Lukas went there, though, so the place mustn't be as discrimintory as some of his friends back home had said! (He didn't really like to believe those rumors anyway, since most gossip is either exaggerated or entirely false.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]   It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Not as Easy as it Sounds [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wiztalia :: Archives :: Dropped Threads-
Jump to: