Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!England

Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Empty
PostSubject: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Though it was in the dungeon and in the winter relatively cold, Anne couldn't help but find the Slytherin Common Room to be cozy late at night, the fireplace ablaze and her homework spread out all around her at an empty table. If any student dared approach her (not that they really dared) she'd greet them with a less-than-friendly glare, silently stating "leave or I'll hex your behind". Students had long since learned not to approach her, especially when she was working (or reading. Or sitting. Or -well, anything, really). The table she sat at was far off in a corner (though close enough to the fireplace it feel its warmth), isolated. She'd surround herself by mountains of books, even if she didn't need them all, just to appear busy. It wasn't that she didn't have many friends (though she didn't), she just preferred her school work. There was much less drama that way. Just as well, she didn't need to make any more social connections. Her parents did enough of that for her.

Still, though she wouldn't admit it, Anne was slightly lonely. However, she thought about this logically, deciding she truly didn't like the human race and much preferred to get a head start in life by being the Head Girl, and that goal wouldn't come if she didn't work for it. Even if it made her look like a pretentious snob to her peers. Of course, she hardly cared for their opinions. None of them were in her future goals, so why should she attempt to befriend them? She'd never speak to them again in three years anyway.

Last edited by Anne Kirkland on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:39 pm

It wasn't that Lovino hated other people for doing their work, no he understood that part and wouldn't begrudge them their right to have the books they need, but he knew of Anne Kirkland; half of the books she got she didn't even read, so when he needed a Runes book designed for sixth years and little Miss Anne Kirkland was the one who had taken it out before him, he felt that he was allowed to hate her just a little bit.

He walked into the Slytherin common room and looked for her, noting that it must be later than he thought it was because there was no one else here but her with her large stacks of books and himself. He went over and started looking through her stacks, not even bothering to greet her or ask to look.

Finding the book he needed, he carefully pulled it out of the pile and went over to the couch in front of the fireplace, pulling out his Runes homework and getting to work. Did he care if she didn't appreciate his presence? No, not really.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Anne glanced up open being approached and promptly scowled as Lovino Vargas stole her book, without a second glance, left, and sat near the fire to read. She breathed slowly through her nose to keep her temper in check, though it flared deep inside her. Scooting her chair back quietly, she stood and smoothed out her school uniform skirt. Then, she stalked over to him, a fierce glare in her eyes.

"I beg your pardon," she spat, "but I do believe you have something of mine."

Last edited by Anne Kirkland on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:24 am

Normally Lovino's policy towards women was to always treat them with respect, no matter his opinion of them or their occupation - which had actually gotten him in to a bit of trouble once though he didn't need to get in to that. But little Anne got on his nerves; despite her claim that she was a lady, she rarely acted befitting of one. She was nothing like her cousin brother thing Arthur, and Lovino often wondered how they could possibly be related.

He didn't even glance up when she came over and pointed out the rather obvious fact that he had taken a book from her pile. "I'm well aware of that. And when I'm done with my homework, you can get it back. It's not like an OWL student needs a NEWT level Runes book anyway." He resisted the urge to shoot her a dark look after that, knowing better than to do so. Still, it pissed him off when the books he needed were with a younger student like Anne. Some one who wanted it just to look busy and intelligent. Idiots.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Anne clenched her teeth, glaring. She was well aware of Lovino's constant bad attitude, but that didn't mean mean her temper wouldn't spark around him. She crossed her arms over her chest, telling herself to breathe in once, wait three seconds, and exhale, before responding. She even closed her eyes for a moment in an attempt to remain calm.

"That's no matter," the Brit pointed out, her upper lip curling with disgusted. "I'd have happily lent you the book. However, not only did you steal it, you haven't even apologized. Therefore, I ask for it back. Had you requested the book things would be different. Give me back my book, Vargas, and I'll show you just have an OWL student can need a NEWT book."

Last edited by Anne Kirkland on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 am

He almost laughed when he saw the expression of rage on her face. Almost. He didn't though, because that would be rude and he was already going above his comfort level for women. Lovino waited patiently for her to calm down and give her little rant thing about how he had stolen the book, how he needed to apologize, and how he should give it back because he hadn't asked for permission. Anne sure was a predictable little thing. It was another point of laughter that almost passed through his lips.

"'Happily' is not a word that can be used to describe anything you do Miss Kirkland. And no. I already told you when you would get it back, and until then you should go back to your own work." Here he smirked, leaning back in his seat and giving her an amused look. "And the only thing an OWL student can do with a NEWT book is hit someone over the head with it. Forgive me if I wish to prevent you from having that pleasure." He could have apologized for taking the book, yes, but why deny himself the fun of pissing her off?
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Deep breaths, Anne told herself. Don't hex him, you'll only get detention. Sneak into his dorm and replace his shampoo with hair dye, you'll have more satisfaction. After a good few moments, she allowed herself to respond, trying to remain rational. She ignored Lovino's jibe about her personality, inwardly insulting him instead (it gave her some satisfaction to know he couldn't retaliate).

"Mister Vargas, I won't let you exhibit this kind of behavior. You think because I'm two years younger than you that I have no use with a book? I'll tell you another thing I can do with that book, Mister Vargas. I can read the damned thing. Now give it here before I report you for stealing property, without my permission, mind you, that's been checked out into my possession," she threatened. Truth be told, she hadn't planned on reading that book for some time, but she certainly wasn't going to back down, now. She had too much pride for that. Not to mention she didn't want to encourage Lovino to think it was alright to steal from her in the future, a trait she learned her little sister was fond of. Give an inch and she'd take a mile.

Last edited by Anne Kirkland on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:50 am

He waited for her to respond, finding the information he needed in the mean time and actually jotting down notes on it. Normally he would just keep the book open to that page and then work out of the book, but he got the feeling that Anne would just snatch the book out of his hands before he was done with it. Lovino snorted at her response, amused.

"You won't 'let me'? Really? I wasn't aware that you were my mother Miss Kirkland." He gave her a look to show off just how amused he was at her, before going back the notes. "You can read it and not understand it, yeah. And I'm not saying you have no use for a book, I'm saying you have no use for this specific book." Because really, she was reaching two years in to the future in an effort to look smart. Instead, she was just looking like a ridiculous overachiever.

Lovino finished taking his notes but made sure to look like he was still busy; couldn't let her think he would be done that soon. "Oh please, I'm not stealing it. I'm borrowing it. Without your permission, yes, but you saw me take it and you've already gotten my word that I would give it back when I was done with it. You're simply being too uptight." As if Lovino cared about her things. He would only ever grab a book from her, and only ever when he actually needed it.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 pm

"I won't let you take my things. Perhaps your mother didn't teach you to share," Anne snorted, rolling her eyes. She was three seconds away from take the damned book and hitting him with it. Hell, if he had just up and asked her in the first place they wouldn't be here fighting. "Whether I have no use for it or not, that doesn't mean you can just take it. It's stealing.

"The true definition of stealing, Mister Vargas,"
she stated, withdrawing her wand, "is borrowing without permission."

Smirking slightly, wand now properly situated in her hand, she flicked the wooden shaft. "Accio NEWT level runes book," she articulated clearly, preparing for the impact of the heavy object.

Last edited by Anne Kirkland on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:21 am

Lovino rolled his eyes as he listened to her bitch at him, tempted to cast a silencing spell on her and be done with it. But that would just get him into even more trouble, and he would be greeted with more bitching once she managed to get the spell off of herself. "Maybe if you didn't check out books you don't need, we wouldn't be in this situation." Because blaming it on her was the right course of action.

He gained a wary look as she pulled out her wand, wondering if she was actually going to curse him. "I don't need you to be a walking dictionary Kirkland." He really shouldn't be making it worse for himself.

Sighing, Lovino held the book out to her and blinked as it was summoned from his hand, hitting her square in the chest. As much as he didn't like her, he had to wince in sympathy for the pain that must have caused her. "You're so impatient." And a show off. Really, she didn't need a spell for that sort of thing, she could have just taken it from him. Now he only had to worry about her hitting him with the book.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Anne had to grit her teeth to hold back the slew of comments she wanted to make about this insufferable boy. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a few seconds, before responding, eyes snapping open into a glare. "Maybe if you had asked before taking the book, we wouldn't be in this situation." Two could play the blame game.

She ignored the dictionary comment and, well, him in general, book safe in her arms. She could hardly return to the table lest he decide to steal more of her books. She returned for a few seconds, gathering her things as swiftly and with as much dignity as possible. Thankfully, the Universe was on her side and didn't send her ink bottle crashing to the ground or something equally embarrassing. She strode to the dorms without a second glance behind her, wanting nothing more to deal with Lovino, her nerves already shot for the afternoon.

Last edited by Anne Kirkland on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:40 pm

"Maybe if you had just let it go and focused on your own work, accepting that I would bring the book back when I was done with it, then we wouldn't be having this issue." He rolled his eyes and pulled out another book, viewing this conversation over. At this point they were just dragging it out. And he had no reason to talk with her for long periods of time, none at all.

Lovino definitely viewed it as a victory, that she was the one leaving the common room and not him, even if he did feel a little bad for driving a woman out of the room. Still, no matter how attractive a woman was, if she was a bitch Lovino was not going to be as courteous to them as he would be to a nice and polite woman.

He shot a victorious look at her back and then started reading his book, going through it for things to use in his Charms essay.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:20 am

As she ascended the stairs, Anne childishly mocked Lovino's words in her head, frowning bitterly. Perhaps he was right, on some level, though she was inclined not to think such a blasphemous thought. After all, it was he who stole the book in the first place, not her. The fault was all his. She was the victim in this case (though perhaps if she repeated it inwardly enough times it would seem more true).

She had never been good at sharing, even as a child (which Arthur could attest to). Therefore, the thought of offering to share the book she was going to use was utterly vile and perhaps only slightly worse than Lovino's stealing. Even had he asked nicely it was likely she'd have turned him down, thus leading to further conflict. Perhaps it was best she went to finish her work, undisturbed, in her dorm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*    Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't Speak To Me (Anne & Lovino) *Finished*
Page 1 of 1